Gurvan Hall and Lorenzo Lingard look good!!!

[MENTION=10316]waynejr31[/MENTION] does Wayne have any goals in terms of the 40?

I remember him running 4.7 electronic at 220 lbs. back at the 2016 camp. He was one of the fastest dudes out there.

Advertisement
What I can't wait to see is Wayne's change of direction on the field. It'll be the difference between solid and really good.

Because of position I believe Lo will shine more. we'll see... Lo was high on Hall.

Last edited:
Great thing about steed is he can get skinny in between the tackles and make plays. Kind of reminiscent of what Sean spencs could do in that aspect

Interesting that Amari is working out with a linebackers. Is this in line with all the 4-2-5 talk and having DB / OLB tweeners?

Advertisement
Interesting that Amari is working out with a linebackers. Is this in line with all the 4-2-5 talk and having DB / OLB tweeners?

The plan should be a 4-2-5 with Carter/Bandy rotating as the 5th DB based on the offensive personnel.

3 or more WRs = Bandy

2 or fewer WRs = Carter

Not surprised that two of the guys who played no games in their recruiting and are leaders are doing great in preseason workouts. Ambassador II and Hall are winners. Winners win.

[MENTION=10316]waynejr31[/MENTION] does Wayne have any goals in terms of the 40?

I remember him running 4.7 electronic at 220 lbs. back at the 2016 camp. He was one of the fastest dudes out there.

And that was at a Nike combine too wasn't it, D? Those Nike combines are notorious for timing guys who claim to be 4.4 at 4.7. So the fact that he ran that fast at a Nike combine is incredible.

Not surprised that two of the guys who played no games in their recruiting and are leaders are doing great in preseason workouts. Ambassador II and Hall are winners. Winners win.

This this this. Kids reveal their character so much in the recruiting process. Some kids are talented enough to be lazy ****heads and still make it, but man it's a good sign when you get talented kids who handle it like Steed, Gurvan, and the Ambassador.

Advertisement
How's your boy doing?! Can't wait to see him healthy, he was one of my favs last year from

He is doing good. He told me yesterday that he was selected to workout with Gus. Not everyone gets to workout with Gus so I guess it's a type of honor if he selects you or could have been a request from coach Diaz. I spoke briefly to coach Diaz and he confirmed that he wants Steed to cut his fat and trim up. He said he challenged him to change his eating habits and get his body right. He said that will let him know how much he really wants it. He also said that Steed has some of the best hands (catching ability) that he has seen in a player that he has coached. Hopefully that will convert over to multiple turnover chains, lol. He is in a workout group that consists of Amari Carter and Bradley Jennings. He says that Gus has commended him and Amari on their work ethic and how they are perfoming in the weight room. I'm not worried at all about my sons ability to cut the fat because the same thing happened to him after he had the shoulder surgery during his junior year in high school. He had the surgery in August of that year and at that point he weighed about 198. Come December of that same year and him not doing too much of anything, he blew up to 225-230. After the following spring and summer before his senior year he got back down to 210. He has the physique to look like a chiseled LB kind of like Perryman or Beason but he has to eat right first. The nutritionist is also working with him to guide him in the right direction. Let's see what he looks like after mat drills. The picture below was a couple of weeks ago, I will upload a new one after mat drills.
View attachment 57690

Yup!

Everything has a price - and that price will be paid in full. Up front, as you go, or on the tail end. But the price will be paid.

A rb room that consists of Lo, Cam Davis, Homer, and Deejay is incredibly dangerous. All unique from each other and game planning against them will be a nightmare.

I love all the talent we have coming in... But that Boi deejay has my undivided attention.....if we are to improve I think he will have to be a serious factor. Not saying he needs to start at rb or wr....but the beall needs to be in his hands somehow.... He is electric

How's your boy doing?! Can't wait to see him healthy, he was one of my favs last year from

He is doing good. He told me yesterday that he was selected to workout with Gus. Not everyone gets to workout with Gus so I guess it's a type of honor if he selects you or could have been a request from coach Diaz.
View attachment 57690

This usually means good things. It means they see enough potential that you will be an important player to the staff the next season. There are some cases where the player gets put with the head guy because they are ****ed at their work ethic and they want to stay on them, but that is usually already known as a problem from the coaches long before it gets to that point. Even if the player is being ridden by the coaching staff, to be paired with the head guy still means the staff sees a lot of potential in the player.

I was absolutely NOT put with the head guy. Ha ha, I was put with a crazy assistant who made my life crazy ****. Strongest dude I've ever seen in my entire life to this day.

I like the staff told him how he responds will tell them how much he wants it. From there, it's up to the player. My best advice is always, "whatever you think is enough in conditioning, do one step more." It's talked about amongst the coaching staff all the time. The analysts, assistants, GA's etc. are watching everything and reporting it back to the coaching staff daily. Our coaches even started their meetings with an update of this sort during the offseason.

Lingard has Pro written all over him the way he approaches the game. Do not think he will be a 5 Star at any one thing, but he will be 4 star in all areas and that is why he will prove to be an elite back and overall worthy of the fifth star.

Advertisement
A rb room that consists of Lo, Cam Davis, Homer, and Deejay is incredibly dangerous. All unique from each other and game planning against them will be a nightmare.

I love all the talent we have coming in... But that Boi deejay has my undivided attention.....if we are to improve I think he will have to be a serious factor. Not saying he needs to start at rb or wr....but the beall needs to be in his hands somehow.... He is electric

It was a testament to his skills that he was used in the Wildcat as true Freshman and he made something almost every carry.

I love good news on these kids, but I can't help being concerned about CMR's OC limitations.

We suffered more from our limitations at a certain position wink*wink than we did from his OC skills.

Last edited:
Advertisement

He is doing good. He told me yesterday that he was selected to workout with Gus. Not everyone gets to workout with Gus so I guess it's a type of honor if he selects you or could have been a request from coach Diaz. I spoke briefly to coach Diaz and he confirmed that he wants Steed to cut his fat and trim up. He said he challenged him to change his eating habits and get his body right. He said that will let him know how much he really wants it. He also said that Steed has some of the best hands (catching ability) that he has seen in a player that he has coached. Hopefully that will convert over to multiple turnover chains, lol. He is in a workout group that consists of Amari Carter and Bradley Jennings. He says that Gus has commended him and Amari on their work ethic and how they are perfoming in the weight room. I'm not worried at all about my sons ability to cut the fat because the same thing happened to him after he had the shoulder surgery during his junior year in high school. He had the surgery in August of that year and at that point he weighed about 198. Come December of that same year and him not doing too much of anything, he blew up to 225-230. After the following spring and summer before his senior year he got back down to 210. He has the physique to look like a chiseled LB kind of like Perryman or Beason but he has to eat right first. The nutritionist is also working with him to guide him in the right direction. Let's see what he looks like after mat drills. The picture below was a couple of weeks ago, I will upload a new one after mat drills.
View attachment 57690

good stuff. what does the staff want his weight to be at?

They said 216.

View attachment 57690

I really believe your son is going to be one of the next great LB here at Miami. How is his knew doing?

The knee is not an issue anymore.

I would hope he can get down to the low 4.6's with all the conditioning they are doing. The thing about running is that you don't run consistent low 40's by accident. It's either you got it or you don't. Since high school he was consistently running in the high 4.5's to low 4.6's during the college camps we attended. If he is losing the fat and gaining muscle then I suspect that he should be running mid to high 4.6's.

I was thinking the same thing!!! Manny did say something to me about a good linebacker being an over grown safety. So this will be something to keep an eye on.

Advertisement
Back