Gurvan Hall and Lorenzo Lingard look good!!!

waynejr31

Freshman
I just got word that out of the early enrollees, Gurvan Hall and Lorenzo Lingard look really good in the workouts since they have arrived on campus. Let's see which one of the EE's will shine this spring!!!

Advertisement
How's your boy doing?! Can't wait to see him healthy, he was one of my favs last year from

How's your boy doing?! Can't wait to see him healthy, he was one of my favs last year from

He is doing good. He told me yesterday that he was selected to workout with Gus. Not everyone gets to workout with Gus so I guess it's a type of honor if he selects you or could have been a request from coach Diaz. I spoke briefly to coach Diaz and he confirmed that he wants Steed to cut his fat and trim up. He said he challenged him to change his eating habits and get his body right. He said that will let him know how much he really wants it. He also said that Steed has some of the best hands (catching ability) that he has seen in a player that he has coached. Hopefully that will convert over to multiple turnover chains, lol. He is in a workout group that consists of Amari Carter and Bradley Jennings. He says that Gus has commended him and Amari on their work ethic and how they are perfoming in the weight room. I'm not worried at all about my sons ability to cut the fat because the same thing happened to him after he had the shoulder surgery during his junior year in high school. He had the surgery in August of that year and at that point he weighed about 198. Come December of that same year and him not doing too much of anything, he blew up to 225-230. After the following spring and summer before his senior year he got back down to 210. He has the physique to look like a chiseled LB kind of like Perryman or Beason but he has to eat right first. The nutritionist is also working with him to guide him in the right direction. Let's see what he looks like after mat drills. The picture below was a couple of weeks ago, I will upload a new one after mat drills.
waynejr2.jpg

I just got word that out of the early enrollees, Gurvan Hall and Lorenzo Lingard look really good in the workouts since they have arrived on campus. Let's see which one of the EE's will shine this spring!!!

I say Lingard will have a better advantage to shine since he early enrolled, plus he looks the part already lol he's a gym rat

Advertisement

I say Lingard will have a better advantage to shine since he early enrolled, plus he looks the part already lol he's a gym rat

They both enrolled early.

They both enrolled early.

I mean lik at his position since we're lacking

He is doing good. He told me yesterday that he was selected to workout with Gus. Not everyone gets to workout with Gus so I guess it's a type of honor if he selects you or could have been a request from coach Diaz. I spoke briefly to coach Diaz and he confirmed that he wants Steed to cut his fat and trim up. He said he challenged him to change his eating habits and get his body right. He said that will let him know how much he really wants it. He also said that Steed has some of the best hands (catching ability) that he has seen in a player that he has coached. Hopefully that will convert over to multiple turnover chains, lol. He is in a workout group that consists of Amari Carter and Bradley Jennings. He says that Gus has commended him and Amari on their work ethic and how they are perfoming in the weight room. I'm not worried at all about my sons ability to cut the fat because the same thing happened to him after he had the shoulder surgery during his junior year in high school. He had the surgery in August of that year and at that point he weighed about 198. Come December of that same year and him not doing too much of anything, he blew up to 225-230. After the following spring and summer before his senior year he got back down to 210. He has the physique to look like a chiseled LB kind of like Perryman or Beason but he has to eat right first. The nutritionist is also working with him to guide him in the right direction. Let's see what he looks like after mat drills. The picture below was a couple of weeks ago, I will upload a new one after mat drills.
View attachment 57690

This is awesome.

Thank you for sharing.

Advertisement
Nice man, sounds like we were kinda right about the reasoning behind cutting weight. I guess we'll see if they end up wanting to get him back up to 225 or so after he trims the fat and gets on the correct diet.

Got a lot of work ahead of him. He's gunna get a lot of PT this year.

View attachment 57690

Cool! Thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing what he can do!

View attachment 57690

Thanks for sharing.

There’s almost eight months between now and the first game - plenty of time for a fast, striking, ball hawking linebacker with soft hands to get chiseled and be in the best shape possible to pose with that turnover chain on the sidelines in a game - it’s happening!

Godspeed!

Advertisement

View attachment 57690

good stuff. what does the staff want his weight to be at?

A rb room that consists of Lo, Cam Davis, Homer, and Deejay is incredibly dangerous. All unique from each other and game planning against them will be a nightmare.

Advertisement
idk I think Homers gunna start still (at least to start the season). He wont get as many snaps as this past season though, and is going to be a beast for us on special teams. Im really surprised Choc isn't transfering, but dude seems like a true Cane. I think Camron Davis should RS, but at the same time we definitely dont need him to since the plan looks like its to bring in another 2 RBs in the 2019 class, and the 2020 and 2021 classes have elite backs we should lock up. RB will always be a position of major strength for us. Also I think Deejay will play wherever needed which will be mainly at WR unless homer and lingard go down.

RB: Homer > Lingard > Dallas > Burns > Davis > Gray

and I expect Homer to declare early and Gray to graduate which would mean for the following season

2019 RB: Lingard > Burns > Davis > Crowley > McIntosh?

View attachment 57690

I really believe your son is going to be one of the next great LB here at Miami. How is his knew doing?

Advertisement
Back