Gurvan and Jennings Gone

Manny doin everything he can to save his job. **** the upperclassmen, play the young'ins. Not sure its gonna work, but if nothing else, the guy can see the writing on the wall. I'll give him that.
He's basically coaching 6 months behind a message board.

If Manny dumps Patke we'll all know he's just hanging around on here looking for advice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Depends how serious you're taking your job, how hard you're working, and how talented the kids are behind you.

The Gurvan eval was fine. He was highly pursued, as has been said time and time again on here. Jennings was a terrible eval and many of us said it at the time. I know it's a joke anytime a kid flips to a rival, but let's just say FSU didn't put up a big fight when he dipped. Should tell you all you need to know.

It would be nice to be able to live life with a hindsight's view, but the fact of the matter is Gurvan was a serviceable player for 3 years here. Yes, he hadn't lived up to the hype, but he wasn't unplayable. No coach on the planet would have benched him for a true freshman in Game 1. However, as I said, if we had the benefit of hindsight, I'm sure the staff wishes they would've, because the younger kids just seem hungrier, and frankly, better. It's a shame that it took a few games for that to truly present itself, but sometimes that's what happens.
i agree my only gripe is at other places they find out way sooner than we do. This trend has happened every year since manny has been the HC. He's not proactive in anything except buying new jewelry.

I did not read all 9 pages so I apologize if this has been discussed but...

What's up with leaving mid-season? They've both played in more than 4 games so a redshirt year is not an option for them (not sure if either shirted previously). Why not stick around, finish the season then make a move? Apparently they have no love for the game or team or program or school or something.

What about school? Its mid-semester. They need to be here through Christmas break to finish classes, no? The timing of this move seems strange to me.

There's something very wrong with the culture of this team. When older players get passed up, they just leave? Like midseason quit on the team? That's four of them now. I get being ****ed, but work harder and support the young guys and move on at the end of the year.

It's making it seem like Manny was being stubborn about playing the older guys to avoid a full on exodus and locker room meltdown and it's his fault it got to that in the first place.
Very little to do with culture ... its the portal which has turned into free agency.

The reason we have Rambo is he went from starter to off-the-bench guy.

Advertisement
The difference is Saban recruits so many 4 and 5 stars that no one notices the ones that he misses on and are processed out.
Take six 5 star safeties ok let's see who's good and get rid of the rest....then next class three 5 star safeties. Too easy for him and the dead weight transfers.

This is going to save me at least 4 "WTF are you even playing this guy for" and 3 "bench his ***" a game.

Hall was one of the stupidest and most selfish players in Miami history.

To me this is addition by subtraction. I have seen enough of his BS and don't care one bit.

Advertisement
Not saying I want this to happen but based on some of your thoughts here's what I think ends up happening off-season:

I think we fire Flake and replace him with Zo. I think Zo forces some staff changes on the team (Patke at a minimum) and allows Diaz to come back for one more year (no extension) to see if he fails again after everything he's learned this year with the offense, younger players, etc.

We go out and spend big bucks on a quality DC (that Mario would be okay keeping if Diaz is fired next year) and show that we are willing to spend money on analysts, etc.

We salvage some recruiting after winning out to hit ACCCG game and get first title.

Hit the portal hard. We clear out the cancers we have, let the best players play, and go from there.

Doing this saves money on Diaz's contract, put in place some pieces for next year if we do need to get Mario after his contract is less ridiculous, get rid of Flake, and allow Zo to make the decision based on a year of working with Diaz.
I could go for this....at the very least, at least Manny shows the ability and willingness to make changes

What's up with leaving mid-season? They've both played in more than 4 games so a redshirt year is not an option for them (not sure if either shirted previously). Why not stick around, finish the season then make a move? Apparently they have no love for the game or team or program or school or something.

What about school? Its mid-semester. They need to be here through Christmas break to finish classes, no? The timing of this move seems strange to me.
Lack of brains or character. A player who does this is worthless to me if I am looking in the portal.

Advertisement

Believe they get to finish out the semester at the school just will not be participating in football.

Advertisement
Back