Gurvan and Jennings Gone

To all the people happy about this because the younger guys get to play…doesn’t it worry you that this happens over and over again? Every time I think about how this older guy who now sucks was the younger guy we all wanted to take over for the older guys who sucked then. Maybe, and this is just a thought, maybe the kids are fine and it’s just the coaches who fail? Like maybe we have a bunch of talent but only the kids who don’t need much coaching succeed. I’m just saying, don’t be too happy, some of these young guys you’re sprung on will be transferring in a year or two.
Who wanted Jennings over Shaq or Pinckney?

Who wanted Hall over Jaquan or Redwine?

You not gunna hit on every recruit at every position but to act like we have had whole position groups outside of CB and QB pre Deriq be bad for extended periods of time is false.

Advertisement
All the super fans are bashing Gurvan but explain why he’s been starting as long as he has but failing so badly? Who put him out there ? Who developed him? Oh I know , that’s crazy talk. Let’s just say how much he sucks. People here “ support the players “ until they must protect the guy getting paid millions to suck.
Kid needs to learn how to cover and how to tackle. The coaches are not covering or tackling. The deficiencies are obvious to everyone. Now compare Hall to the 3 freshman safeties it is night and day. Why are you still defending this liability who quit on the team before the season was over?

Kid needs to learn how to cover and how to tackle. The coaches are not covering or tackling. The deficiencies are obvious to everyone. Now compare Hall to the 3 freshman safeties it is night and day. Why are you still defending this liability who quit on the team before the season was over?
Yeah, because we aren’t the worse tackling team in the country, the coaches have nothing to do with that ? It’s kinda weird the Fr step in and are better tacklers than vets. It’s almost like guys are getting worse the longer they’re here. Majority of the players he‘s recruited at lb are not good or never developed.

Why do you suppose we’re horrible In every defensive stat? I guess thats Halls fault too. It was Bakers fault last year , now it’s the players. Not the HC who’s coaching the defense smh. Manny has recruited terribly especially at lb since he’s been here, the only thing worse than his recruiting is development.

I swear it’s like I’m in the matrix or the twilight zone.

Last edited:
I don't want to turn another thread into a Manny-bashing thread. There are already enough. But how bad are practice evaluations if a guy goes from a day 1 starter and fixture on the D to the bench to the portal in less than a season? It's just bewildering to me.

*Edited to clarify that the evals that worry me are not from a recruiting perspective but from the fact he was penciled as a game 1 starter based on years of practice, games, etc. only to disappear from games entirely.
Can someone who had terrible practice evaluation ability, personnel decision making and leadership skills for years suddenly become good enough to bring this team to championship level? No. He needs to go.

Advertisement
Yeah, because we aren’t the worse tackling team in the country, the coaches have nothing to do with that ? It’s kinda weird the Fr step in and are better tacklers than vets. It’s almost like guys are getting worse the longer they’re here. Majority of the players he‘s recruited at lb are not good or never developed.

Why do you suppose we’re horrible In every defensive stat? I guess thats Halls fault too. It was Bakers fault last year , now it’s the players. Not the HC who’s coaching the defense smh. Manny has recruited terribly especially at lb since he’s been here, the only thing worse than his recruiting is development.

I compared how the Freshman played compared to Hall. Kinchens has been here since January and in 11 months he did not regress. You clearly saw Kinchens and the other two Freshman safeties make solid tackles, show effort, and actually get interceptions meanwhile your boy Hall quit on the team when the Freshman took his playing time. The focus is on Hall. He was overrated since he got here and the two Killian men, now in the NFL, demonstrated that they can thrive in this defense when they actually have players instead of underrated talent and quitters.

#wegressionU been that way for over 12 years, players come in highly regarded, play great as freshmen and then regress in our system!

this was the stuff that he shouldve learned at Temple...
I'll admit, I thought Diaz' squad was the best part of CMR's team and he would do better. Miami should NEVER elevate an assistant to HC who has no experience in the responsibilities that only a HC can get.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back