Gurvan and Jennings Gone

Advertisement
Pope
Wiggins
Jennings
Hall

Sounds like I’m starting to understand why Miami is doing better now. Lol. Now maybe Ivey can join them.

But in all seriousness, I don’t know how these boys see themselves on tape and choose to transfer rather than get better. SMH. Pope and Wiggins have dropped more balls than they have caught but are choosing to leave to do what?!?! The same thing somewhere else?! That **** baffles me. Anyway… good luck.
They not getting better they are what they are. They will be the big dog at lesser schools with trash schedules but NFL wise they won't get drafted.

Advertisement
Few comments from Manny (Diaz) stood out in Manny (Navarros) tweets.

First, yes he just said Gurvan and Bradley decided to move on from the team.

Also, typical coach speak about FSU and them improving, good dline etc.

Then gave his traditional, unsurprising Diaz answer about the LBS:

Navarro said Manny "paints a pretty clear picture some of Miami's young LBs still havent figured it out to get on the field and thats why we Ragone mixed in."

Here is where it gets interesting....

He was asked (and credit to whoever asked) if Blake James comments before NC State are hurting miami's recruiting from a negative recruiting perspective and Manny said:

"I would imagine so. I mean, yeah, if I was coaching at another team, -- Im sure our players are getting peppered with those things."

First, still seems like a lot of politics to me, I think more people are on Diaz's side than we may realize. Even the question seems odd, give a coach a chance to take a shot at an AD who took a shot at him all while giving a built in excuse for why our recruiting class sucks? Second, I can't seem to recall a coach talking publicly about an AD's comments. He could of brushed it off but didnt.
Blake made his bed. I’m OK with Manny taking a shot at him. They can slap fight about it in the off-season somewhere else.

Gurvan going to try and tackle the wrong portal and end up in mars or some ****
Gurvan Hall showing up in the deleted scenes

Attachments

• black-panther-avengers.gif
    black-panther-avengers.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Advertisement
Freshman WR
Question, statement, or guess my guy lol

I mean Redding and Daz are still "freshman" I can see either of them bolting.

X and Key Smith are "freshman" I do not see them leaving.

Maybe B.Smith, he would hurt but it would be premature IMO, he has been playing more, at least on specials.

George is are fixture at PR and Brinson gets decent burn, hopefully becomes the guy once Rambo leaves next year.

We can have a decent 2-deep if they all come back...

X and B. Smith in the slot;

Brinson and Horton.

Key Smith and George

Really not a bad depth chart if you are a young WR

Advertisement
I don't want to turn another thread into a Manny-bashing thread. There are already enough. But how bad are practice evaluations if a guy goes from a day 1 starter and fixture on the D to the bench to the portal in less than a season? It's just bewildering to me.

*Edited to clarify that the evals that worry me are not from a recruiting perspective but from the fact he was penciled as a game 1 starter based on years of practice, games, etc. only to disappear from games entirely.
I love all the info you give to the board but sometimes some players don’t take the mental side of the sport they play seriously in the off-season and get left behind I don’t think that he was ever coached to tackle a blocker he just nutted up in that moment and I don’t think he ever recovered so maybe he just need a fresh start he has talent to be a p5 player somewhere

Advertisement
Gurvan was an elite prospect somewhere along the line it’s just didn’t happen.

If he played like this at Bama he would have been forced out after his sophomore year.

Fortunately for him and the terrible recruiting we did he was afforded two more seasons to have the light come on.

Sadly it just never did.

Advertisement
Back