Gurvan and Jennings Gone

Advertisement
So "like Pope and Wiggens, they want a bigger role"...yet, just like Pope and Wiggens, they HAD a bigger role, a starting role, and played poorly time and again. It's not like they weren't given a shot, they simply screwed up their shot
I just have to laugh re: Jennings. I get it with the other guys. Jennings was still playing a ton, and poorly. What do you want man?

So "like Pope and Wiggens, they want a bigger role"...yet, just like Pope and Wiggens, they HAD a bigger role, a starting role, and played poorly time and again. It's not like they weren't given a shot, they simply screwed up their shot
To be honest, they were all given TOO MUCH of a shot. They should've been riding the bench.

Advertisement

florida atlantic fau football GIF by FAU Athletics
florida atlantic fau football GIF

Advertisement
What are you talking about?!?!

People here say the kids love Manny and are playing hard for him. One of the reasons they are winning. I disagree!!

There is no depth at LB, one injury away from Hall getting PT back and their years are burned already in terms of eligibility. If they loved the coach, they would stick it out. They are looking at health and ready to latch on somewhere next year.
I think it's more accurate to argue that the young guys (2 years or less in the program) seem to like manny and Lashlee, in particular, and are playing hard. Some of the older guys are clearly upset over the playing time flip but who can they honestly blame but themselves?

Few comments from Manny (Diaz) stood out in Manny (Navarros) tweets.

First, yes he just said Gurvan and Bradley decided to move on from the team.

Also, typical coach speak about FSU and them improving, good dline etc.

Then gave his traditional, unsurprising Diaz answer about the LBS:

Navarro said Manny "paints a pretty clear picture some of Miami's young LBs still havent figured it out to get on the field and thats why we Ragone mixed in."

Here is where it gets interesting....

He was asked (and credit to whoever asked) if Blake James comments before NC State are hurting miami's recruiting from a negative recruiting perspective and Manny said:

"I would imagine so. I mean, yeah, if I was coaching at another team, -- Im sure our players are getting peppered with those things."

First, still seems like a lot of politics to me, I think more people are on Diaz's side than we may realize. Even the question seems odd, give a coach a chance to take a shot at an AD who took a shot at him all while giving a built in excuse for why our recruiting class sucks? Second, I can't seem to recall a coach talking publicly about an AD's comments. He could of brushed it off but didnt.
Well it seems pretty clear that at least one of Diaz or Blake will not be working for UM next year. They have clearly parted ways and are respectively looking out for themselves with a willingness to throw the other guy under the bus. The athletic department must be pretty toxic right now with people picking sides.

Advertisement
To be honest, they were all given TOO MUCH of a shot. They should've been riding the bench.
Agreed. And I would be offended if I was Manny unless he asked them to leave. Like the dude gave yall every opportunity and yall sucked and the minute they get the demotion they deserved, they leave? To me, it gives me the impression they never cared about their teammates (Kam could have transferred after last year or the beginning of this year).

Why not wait until after the season and support your teammates and/or get some snaps if there are injuries? I do not see the benefit for the players to leave during the season.

Advertisement
Ah, blaming the players for not being able to "figure it out". Typical scumbag remark. It's your job to teach!! If you can't hack it GTFO. The worst position on the team has been manned by the HC for the past 6 years. Coincidence?
I agree some of his methods to improve our players are not the greatest...but when a player makes it to the D1 college football level, there is only one level above that. You dont learn how to tackle in college. We have a lack of execution problem, and a lack of accountability proble...just as much as we have a coaching problem

It almost feels like Diaz has decided to start holding these entitled ****ers accountable, and some of them do not like getting passed up by underclassmen. It is all really part of the culture we have formed around our youth. If you cant handle the heat, quit, because everyone else is.

Regardless, whatever is really goin on that locker room, one thing is for sure. Our roster looks a lot different right now, from when we saw the first depth chart this season

Pope
Wiggins
Jennings
Hall

Sounds like I’m starting to understand why Miami is doing better now. Lol. Now maybe Ivey can join them.

But in all seriousness, I don’t know how these boys see themselves on tape and choose to transfer rather than get better. SMH. Pope and Wiggins have dropped more balls than they have caught but are choosing to leave to do what?!?! The same thing somewhere else?! That **** baffles me. Anyway… good luck.

Advertisement
Back