Gurvan and Jennings Gone

Advertisement
Multiplication by division ...... or whatever the saying is that some of you love to write. :cool:

Advertisement
Few comments from Manny (Diaz) stood out in Manny (Navarros) tweets.

First, yes he just said Gurvan and Bradley decided to move on from the team.

Also, typical coach speak about FSU and them improving, good dline etc.

Then gave his traditional, unsurprising Diaz answer about the LBS:

Navarro said Manny "paints a pretty clear picture some of Miami's young LBs still havent figured it out to get on the field and thats why we Ragone mixed in."

Here is where it gets interesting....

He was asked (and credit to whoever asked) if Blake James comments before NC State are hurting miami's recruiting from a negative recruiting perspective and Manny said:

"I would imagine so. I mean, yeah, if I was coaching at another team, -- Im sure our players are getting peppered with those things."

First, still seems like a lot of politics to me, I think more people are on Diaz's side than we may realize. Even the question seems odd, give a coach a chance to take a shot at an AD who took a shot at him all while giving a built in excuse for why our recruiting class sucks? Second, I can't seem to recall a coach talking publicly about an AD's comments. He could of brushed it off but didnt.
🤔

Advertisement
Agreed. And I would be offended if I was Manny unless he asked them to leave. Like the dude gave yall every opportunity and yall sucked and the minute they get the demotion they deserved, they leave? To me, it gives me the impression they never cared about their teammates (Kam could have transferred after last year or the beginning of this year).

Why not wait until after the season and support your teammates and/or get some snaps if there are injuries? I do not see the benefit for the players to leave during the season.
Yeah... The timing is a bit weird. Maybe it wasn't their choice? But I also don't believe a coach would want depth problems midway through the season.

Guys were getting starter minutes they didn't deserve for years, and the second they lose PT they want to transfer mid-season? No way they can look at their film and think "yea I should be a starter". Wonder if this was more so Manny deciding to encourage them to leave if they were being locker room distractions, in which case a 100% approve. Hopefully though this doesn't trickle down to players we actually want staying!

Advertisement
Few comments from Manny (Diaz) stood out in Manny (Navarros) tweets.

First, yes he just said Gurvan and Bradley decided to move on from the team.

Also, typical coach speak about FSU and them improving, good dline etc.

Then gave his traditional, unsurprising Diaz answer about the LBS:

Navarro said Manny "paints a pretty clear picture some of Miami's young LBs still havent figured it out to get on the field and thats why we Ragone mixed in."

Here is where it gets interesting....

He was asked (and credit to whoever asked) if Blake James comments before NC State are hurting miami's recruiting from a negative recruiting perspective and Manny said:

"I would imagine so. I mean, yeah, if I was coaching at another team, -- Im sure our players are getting peppered with those things."

First, still seems like a lot of politics to me, I think more people are on Diaz's side than we may realize. Even the question seems odd, give a coach a chance to take a shot at an AD who took a shot at him all while giving a built in excuse for why our recruiting class sucks? Second, I can't seem to recall a coach talking publicly about an AD's comments. He could of brushed it off but didnt.
Blakes James made Manny uncomfortable but imo if that's what lights a fire and makes Manny tick then new AD needs Manny on 1 year contracts yearly lol.

Manny knows regardless of what happens he will not be working with or for Blake in 2022, so he could say what he wanted when asked

Yeah... The timing is a bit weird. Maybe it wasn't their choice? But I also don't believe a coach would want depth problems midway through the season.
Exactly. I don't think Manny would do it unless it was an addition by subtraction because these players felt entitled to start even though they played poorly and were causing problems in the locker room.

Spencer Rattler is about to join that club
Sure. But QB is a little different because there is only 1 spot and no rotations. It is still unfathomable to me how Gurvan goes from a day 1 starter; he is on the field nearly every defensive snap . . . and then poof! gone. He wasn't even getting reps from my recollection. How are the evaluations from practice/games so disparate that a guy is rendered valueless from game 1 to 9?

Advertisement
Guys were getting starter minutes they didn't deserve for years, and the second they lose PT they want to transfer mid-season? No way they can look at their film and think "yea I should be a starter". Wonder if this was more so Manny deciding to encourage them to leave if they were being locker room distractions, in which case a 100% approve. Hopefully though this doesn't trickle down to players we actually want staying!
Yeah, honestly I have a hard time believing it was totally their choice.

Advertisement
Back