Guliver Prep Group was a Major Failure

Didn't american heritage have 6 players drafted this year? We just picked the wrong high school to go all in on.
Exactly! If players are elite we would take all of them in a heartbeat. That being said, how often do elite teammates choose the same school when it’s more than 3?

Advertisement
I agree. We didn’t even get the best player out of that team to UM. People forget that we didn’t want Lavantae David. He ended up being the guy from that team. If you have a team full of studs you recruit all of the studs not just the top 2 or 3.
David wasn’t a heralded recruit, plus he didn’t qualify. He went juco. He was also undersize but developed physically in juco before going to Nebraska. They had kids go G5 who were rated hire than David. He was like 180 as a senior then came back after juco around 230. I was following him, I do wish we stayed with him. But RS recruited everyone at MNW for about 4 years. That’s why we were on Teddy Bridgewater about 4 years before anyone.

Advertisement
Why y’all always bring up David when it comes to who we took from NW. Start the video and he will tell you why he ended up at Fort Scott Community College in Kansas.

They don’t know man. They think the staff just overlooked them. No matter what happens, UM should never have a coach that overlooks MNW.

Apparently you’re a newbie around here. Welcome.
Bbc Three Idk GIF by BBC

Ok. Lehmee try again. I see by your post count that you’ve been here a minute, but..... Randy has been called Radio around these boards for a looonnngggg time. By your reaction, you didn’t know that. That’s what made me say “newbie”.

Advertisement
Ok. Lehmee try again. I see by your post count that you’ve been here a minute, but..... Randy has been called Radio around these boards for a looonnngggg time. By your reaction, you didn’t know that. That’s what made me say “newbie”.
Ok lemme try again....
Funny Face Reaction GIF

Advertisement
I actually thought he ran hard when given a chance and probably shoulda had a few more carries..

Exactly.

He missed a lot of time. It will take a lot of reps to get his feel back even after recovering physically.

Problem is he was stuck in consistently one of the most talented rooms in the country. **** we nitpick Cam when most teams would give their left but for a guy with his game breaking ability.

At UConn he should physically be their most gifted back and will get the reps he needs. You can’t teach his side, speed, power, and change of direction. I suspect he will turn himself into a draftable player that is a steal for the team that signs him.

So what? That's completely hindsight talking.

Could you imagine what ppl would have said had we ignored Marcus Forston, Tommy Streeter, Aldarius, Brandon Washington (all top 250 recruits). And said, nah we only take two per school no matter how good you are.

Man, Tommy Streeter is still one of my misted hated early departures. His final year the light was coming on and he was making some plays.

Exactly.

He missed a lot of time. It will take a lot of reps to get his feel back even after recovering physically.

Problem is he was stuck in consistently one of the most talented rooms in the country. **** we nitpick Cam when most teams would give their left but for a guy with his game breaking ability.

At UConn he should physically be their most gifted back and will get the reps he needs. You can’t teach his side, speed, power, and change of direction. I suspect he will turn himself into a draftable player that is a steal for the team that signs him.
We have one of the most talented RB rooms in the country?

Advertisement
At the time Lavantae David wasn’t that highly regarded. There’s a reason why he ended up at Nebraska. In hindsight, he turned out to be the best of the group but at the time he wasn’t a big deal.
He was a 4 star out of JUCO that chose Nebraska over Tennessee & Baylor. Our LB corps wasn't that good in 2010, we could've gotten him the 2nd time around

We have one of the most talented RB rooms in the country?

Every starting back we have had since
Duke has been drafted. Cam will be next.

If we had not encountered so much turmoil on offensive line, this would be even more obvious.

Walton, Homer, Dallas, Harris, Chaney.

There are only a handful of teams in the country that wouldn’t trade their guys for that lineup.

Why we gotta compare ourselves to Bama and Ohio State for everything?

Every starting back we have had since
Duke has been drafted. Cam will be next.

If we had not encountered so much turmoil on offensive line, this would be even more obvious.

Walton, Homer, Dallas, Harris, Chaney.

There are only a handful of teams in the country that wouldn’t trade their guys for that lineup.

Why we gotta compare ourselves to Bama and Ohio State for everything?
We are not near as good as other programs at the position as you think. We do well and get some decent guys but alot of teams put more and better backs in the L and recruit higher rated ones. I don't see Cam getting drafted either.

We used to produce high NFL picks and NFL starters, not we produce late round backs that get very little burn.

That said I look for Chaney to be the best we have had since Lamar NFL wise if he stays healthy.

Last edited:
We are not near as good as other programs at the position as you think. We do well and get some decent guys but alot of teams put more and better backs in the L and recruit higher rated ones. I don't see Cam getting drafted either.

We used to produce high NFL picks and NFL starters, not we produce late round backs that get very little burn.

That said I look for Chaney to be the best we have had since Lamar NFL wise if he stays healthy.

Who are all these teams putting all these great running backs in the league?

I’m looking at rbs drafted and there are only a few with better numbers since 2015. Alabama and Georgia are crushing it. There are a few schools like Indiana and Memphis that have put a few guys in the league. Still we are up there in terms of quality college backs that get drafted.

The turnover of Richt and Golden lead to some really bad offensive line recruiting that has hurt us offensively. For the most part it’s been big play or nothing. If we had even average line play, people wouldn’t be so unappreciative of the quality of backs we have brought in.

I think Cam gets drafted late. Give him a team with decent push and he can easily play a few years.

**** when Gus was here most hated him. I was highly disappointed in him. He ran too high and went down to easily. Now he is a starter in the league. Don’t underestimate Cam.

Advertisement
Back