Guliver Prep Group was a Major Failure

Advertisement
Now that burns is gone we can finally say that group flamed the **** out.
Joe Jackson was the only one that contributed and was worth something. That’s wild
GIF by Jason Clarke

That’s dumb logic...

even that 08 MNW group had a lot of great starters and quality backups for the team... wasn’t their fault Radio was a bad Coach who pretty much gave up on recruiting after landing that 08 class
I agree. We didn’t even get the best player out of that team to UM. People forget that we didn’t want Lavantae David. He ended up being the guy from that team. If you have a team full of studs you recruit all of the studs not just the top 2 or 3.

I agree. We didn’t even get the best player out of that team to UM. People forget that we didn’t want Lavantae David. He ended up being the guy from that team. If you have a team full of studs you recruit all of the studs not just the top 2 or 3.
At the time Lavantae David wasn’t that highly regarded. There’s a reason why he ended up at Nebraska. In hindsight, he turned out to be the best of the group but at the time he wasn’t a big deal.

I will say atleast he accomplished what he was hired for in that regard
Agree,but maybe we should do the same every 3 years or so and replace him with another south florida high school coach whose team has multiple studs we want and they can help get them here.Let these coaches know this is not a lifelong job and you either earn a position coach job or you need to move on.

Advertisement
I don't see future NFL RB in him like some of you guys, but I wish him and luck and hope he has success.

I don't either. People gushed at his early high school highlights. They then ignored all the injuries and essentially an opt out his last season in high school. I said right then, I doubted he would ever play any meaningful downs here.

High character kid everyone says, but Charmin soft. Good luck to him.

Advertisement
David was the best one we should of just recruited him and Spence. I mean thats how it looks now.
Whose David. Don’t remember David. Spence was the only good one. Aldarius Johnson? Those big fat linemen? Marcus Forston?Jacorey lost his pimp cup magic. I don’t know this David.

Advertisement
Why all of a sudden do I get a Dairy Queen ad on CiS? Does Dairy Queen even exist anymore? Haven’t had a Brazier Burger since before the new millennium. That’s a thousand years, give or take. If I’m going to get these bonus CiS ads at least they should be relevant. Who eats Daity Queen anymore. CiS ad guy should try to get us better ads.

Advertisement
That’s dumb logic...

even that 08 MNW group had a lot of great starters and quality backups for the team... wasn’t their fault Radio was a bad Coach who pretty much gave up on recruiting after landing that 08 class

There are RARE exceptions but this is 100% the truth and solid logic. You do see any successful program doing this "whole team" crap. Bama targets their guy, sends in Saban, send in bags, gets their ONE guy and moves on.

I remember a lot of people were raving about guys like Mullins and Jack Allison (personally wasn’t hyped but saw potential) in that class. As signing day was approaching I ran into a Gulliver coach. He told me Mullins won’t contribute at UM and Joe Jackson was the hardest worker of that whole group and he has NFL written all over him. Spot on.

That’s dumb logic...

Looking back at it, you’re right. However, you don’t usually take that many kids from the same school unless they were elite prospects. That class did win 9 games a sophomores too. RS couldn’t take the next step. Smh y’all still call the man Radio, that’s sad. As for the 08 class, that’s usually too many but they did contributed like you stated. The issue is we fell so far behind in talent that we played many of them too early. Recruits now are a bit more developed physically than freshmen back then. I remember Spence ballin but barely weighing 190 as a freshman or Jacory being 6’4 weighing in the 160’s. Those kids should have redshirted but we didn’t have the talent to do so. As for RS, you don’t hire novice coaches at UM. It’s not a first time gig job. The not recruiting qb because you brought in 3 in 08 but then 2 dipped. Or 8 WR but don’t recruit a WR for 2 classes.

Anyway, if kids are elite you take them. UF did the same with their Lakeland class a year before the MNW 08. Only thing was that they came off a Natty. Outside of Ben Jones and K. Thompkins the MNW had more contributors.

There are RARE exceptions but this is 100% the truth and solid logic. You do see any successful program doing this "whole team" crap. Bama targets their guy, sends in Saban, send in bags, gets their ONE guy and moves on.
If players are elite the programs would do it. In 07 UF brought in 7 Lakeland players. 4 contributed heavily. Issue now is players are more apt to go to different schools. At the Heritages, IMGs, STA’s, Graysons, etc how many of those kids are going to the same programs now? I mean we would have taken Surtain, Campbell, & Nesta if they wanted to come together. Or in addition to Huff, we took Battle and Ingrahim, we would have done that. Players are just a bit more open to leaving more.

Advertisement
Back