Guidry's Recruiting impact

Advertisement
What's the pattern @lindend ?
His first offers going out to players he previously offered while either at Marshall or Tulane. Some on this board think we should never be offering anyone that Marshall or Tulane are after. However, as @SCarolina Ibis pointed out, these could be non-committable offers just in case the kids blow up you want to have a relationship already in place

Advertisement
His first offers going out to players he previously offered while either at Marshall or Tulane. Some on this board think we should never be offering anyone that Marshall or Tulane are after. However, as @SCarolina Ibis pointed out, these could be non-committable offers just in case the kids blow up you want to have a relationship already in place
Yeah that's what it is.

I wouldn't be ****ed/worried about the offers. These are guys they're going to keep an eye on, but don't have committable offers yet. For now they'll just stay in contact.

Some of them will be invited to camp in the summer to workout in front of the staff. Some will take unofficials on their dime. If they show enough during their senior season they'll earn committable offers. Ball is in their court.

Chad Pennington wasn’t chopped liver either.
Nope but his arm strength was! Go Canes!
dave chapelle chapelle's show GIF

Advertisement
This Miami offer has has to be as a Preferred Walk On. Miami should never be offer Tulane or Marshall caliber players , especially under Mario in 2024 when he is supposedly taking on DT recruiting personally.

Guidry still thinks he is Walmart shopping with a green dot card, despite being given a UM Amex Blackcard. His scope of recruits will change quickly I hope.

Go Canes
6BBD40C4-5753-4542-8024-4FAFD23CCC24.jpeg

Underrated components of player development are player's attitude, desire to be coached, and persistence. A good coach will be able to reach more players and get to guys that maybe another coach couldn't, so I'm all about coach Guidry offering the guys who he already knows and has relationships with that he believes have the skills and mindset to succeed at University of Miami.

Those guys probably won't be transferring out while they're developing and learning the playbook either and by the time they're ready to graduate will be big time contributors to winning football.

Our teams consistently have way more "talent" than wins. Obviously you want the guys who have can't miss talent and god-given ability or size, but I think it is dumb to not recruit a kid who has talent and the right mindset because of his star rating

Advertisement
This is the south we cook with grease/oil in a skillet or use gas or charcoal grills & wood smokers; lance is still cooking hot pockets in a microwave! Com'N mahn he needs to level up and quickly.

summer-bbq-aq5r4xt1u1-1080x1232.jpg

Go Canes

Man you been going a little thin lately….this fine thing can actually ride on a plane without the extension to get around her *** so she’s kind of skinny for you…😜

Advertisement
I mean mario probably is heavily involved in all recruiting, i have no stresss about that aspect whatsoever

i'm sure the offers going out now are not due to us being desperate but due to guidry being completely and utterly sold on the kids and hey, that's what we want, a DC to recruit and knows what kids he needs to call an elite defense

Whenever a new coach walks through the door the first thing they talk about is what kids they've been recruiting that are good enough to play at the new spot. It's completely normal for him to have a small handful of kids to show the staff and possibly offer if everyone agrees.

Also a lot of kids that the Marshall's and Tulane's of the world offer early will end up at P5 or even elite P5. None of these kids have even gone through the May evaluation period let alone played there last year.

This is a good thing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back