Guidry's Recruiting impact

You gotta think any offer is given the green light by Zo or Mario at minimum. Also it’s still relatively early in the 2024 cycle and it’s not uncommon for DT prospects to be late bloomers given the nature of the position.

Lance is a highly regarded talent evaluator, let the man cook.

Advertisement
You gotta think any offer is given the green light by Zo or Mario at minimum. Also it’s still relatively early in the 2024 cycle and it’s not uncommon for DT prospects to be late bloomers given the nature of the position.

Lance is a highly regarded talent evaluator, let the man cook.

This is the south we cook with grease/oil in a skillet or use gas or charcoal grills & wood smokers; lance is still cooking hot pockets in a microwave! Com'N mahn he needs to level up and quickly.

summer-bbq-aq5r4xt1u1-1080x1232.jpg

Go Canes

Last edited:
Tulane would have crushed us but not because they were more talented.

For the 10 billionth time, coaching matters.
Of course, coaching/development/schemes matter big time, but lets see who has the most players taken in the 2023 draft. Tulane, Marshall or us? Just one indicator, I know but ... our 'talent' has been overrated for years.

BTW, didn't Marshall beat ND in South Bend this past season? Or, am I misremembering?

Advertisement
Advertisement
This Miami offer has has to be as a Preferred Walk On. Miami should never be offer Tulane or Marshall caliber players , especially under Mario in 2024 when he is supposedly taking on DT recruiting personally.

Guidry still thinks he is Walmart shopping with a green dot card, despite being given a UM Amex Blackcard. His scope of recruits will change quickly I hope.

Go Canes

Marshall caliber players went to Notre Dame and beat them. It's about recruiting guys to fit your scheme, developing them, and implementing a game plan that is successful. Our defense last year could not have accomplished what theirs did against ND despite our "Miami" caliber guys.

Randy Moss says hello. there have been a ton of UM and upper tier recruits that have ended up at Marshall as grade casualties.

Tulane you have a point.
C'mon man. There have been some really good players that played at Marshall over the years, but yeen have to use Randy Moss. Randy Moss is one of the GOAT WRs in history. He was ONLY at Marshall, because of issues at ND and FSU! He didn't have too many places that he could go. This young man may end up being a really good player for somebody, but in my honest opinion, I don't see enough "twitch". RIGHT NOW. He could be a solid depth piece at a P5 down the road.... but I don't see it, right now. I'll hold judgement until I see more. I gotta see more film.

Last edited:
Guidry was a HC, its McNeese but its still being a leader. I have no doubt he will recruit well here. Also notice the coaches who players follow to their new school. He is one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So is he a UM caliber recruit? Mario has been evaluating for more than a year. The question is did Guidry's familiarity with him expedite the offer?
I would say no he isn’t honestly. And I love Supa. But who knows. I believe Brain Robinson was a 3 star recruit that went to Bama. I didn’t think he was a Bama recruit

An interesting pattern is emerging with Guidry first two offers.

He previously offered Day while at Marshall

and like "Supa" I can't find a 247 profile on him

HOWEVER, numerous $EC and other big school offers for Day, so this isn't an under the radar CB.

Advertisement
Back