Guess where TVD will end up!

Advertisement
That would be a worst case scenario for us tbh. But any scenario where TVD has a crazy good year is *unfortunately* going to be bad for us. Would cement Mario’s rep as a destroyer of QBs.

That said, I hope he does well and we somehow knock it out of the park next season at QB to counter that narrative.

That would be a worst case scenario for us tbh. But any scenario where TVD has a crazy good year is *unfortunately* going to be bad for us. Would cement Mario’s rep as a destroyer of QBs.

That said, I hope he does well and we somehow knock it out of the park next season at QB to counter that narrative.
Mario's rep as a destroyer of QBs was already cemented when Justin Herbert played for him and then went on to be a top 10 NFL pick and NFL starter.

Advertisement
I’d say Cal is an option. They are joining the ACC, Jake Spavital the OC is another member of the Malzahn tree who I thinks runs some tempo, is a lower P5 job that fits what Van Dyke will get. They had a unstable QB room until freshman Fernando Mendoza took the job. I don’t know if they’ll fully give him the reigns or looks elsewhere. If they do look for a starter Van Dyke makes sense Imo.

He will go to a school much better than what many here think.

Washington would be a great fit with Deboar, and the way they like to stretch the field vertically.

Notre Dame could be in play, Louisville, SMU if Stone is out for awhile.. Syracuse or BC if he wants to go back closer to home. He will field much bigger options than Friggin UCONN.

It's not that he won't have "bigger options"—but does he want them?

Seems like big fish in a little pond and going somewhere with less pressure—where he can stat-pad—makes more sense than going to a Washington program that is heading to the Big Ten.

Huskies get Michigan, Iowa, Southern Cal, Penn State, UCLA and others next year.

They're throwing the keys to Van Dyke for that? Please. They can do better.

What has this guy done? Showed up in '21 when the wheels were already off and won a few games against ranked teams (when there was no pressure and Miami was 2-4; and then choked at FSU after three-game win-streak). Didn't do squad in 2022 before he got injured; brutal showings agains aTm, MTSU, etc.... and then this year 4-0 start and then wheels off; 11 interceptions, two fumbles and five touchdowns against GT, UNC, UVA, NCST and FSU—dude is the definition of damaged goods until proven otherwise.

Last edited:
NC is an elite golfing state. If you can’t handle playing in 40 degree weather 3 months out of the year, get better at ball striking.

Advertisement
Don't care where he goes, he ain't a Cane no more. Good luck TVD, until you play us, then brang on them 3 int's you good for.

Not sure where he ends up but Louisville will be in the mix…

I hope he lands on his feet and learns from his experiences here. Brohm will give him the best opportunity to have some success moving forward.

I mentioned last year there’s some underlying issues beyond what he physically offers. The reality is great players, leaders, and achievers in all walks of life stay committed and press harder during and after success. To put it bluntly he’s been devoid of that trait since he’s been here and it’s cost him and his teammates.

He has an opportunity to flourish in a ready made situation where he has to prove himself again. I believe a 1 year rental will do him well. Good fortune young man and hope the fire in both the belly and the heart burns stronger but more importantly more consistently than what it did here.

Advertisement
Deez nuts
TVD ends up on your nuts?

s reactions jim GIF

Advertisement
I think he should go to a place like Indiana - low pressure, all upside at a place like that for him. Big 10 allows him to not stand out like a sore thumb.
Unfortunately, they just fired their coach, so it may take a hot minute for that to come together, which probably doesn’t work with his timeline.

Advertisement
Back