Guess we movin up

That is not how rankings work

Explain how they work.

yes please enlighten us

Simply winning doesn't guarantee that you don't get jumped in the rankings, especially in the NC(SEC)AA. Clemson will only fall a couple spots and Mizzou and Baylor have a lot more glamour in the eyes of ESPN and all their analysts and I'm sure Stanford beating the almighty UCLA will have some star power. As fans of course logic would imply winning is enough but rarely does it pan out. Im happy just beating Wake next week.

How does a loss effect the rankings? Do you move up?

No one is saying winning guarantees you to move up but it is a joke to think that Stanford or Baylor would jump us. In addition, there is no reason that Clemson is to stay in the top 10 other then so many teams lost behind them.

As for Missouri, I will laugh if beating UF with no one healthy moves them up 9 spots to #5.

If your SEC team you could move up with a loss, I think you are forgetting the style points that factor into rankings. I'm not saying they should I'm just sayin its all very likely to happen. I would rather be surprised we are higher than disappointed we are lower in rankings at this point in season.

Advertisement
Explain how they work.

yes please enlighten us

Simply winning doesn't guarantee that you don't get jumped in the rankings, especially in the NC(SEC)AA. Clemson will only fall a couple spots and Mizzou and Baylor have a lot more glamour in the eyes of ESPN and all their analysts and I'm sure Stanford beating the almighty UCLA will have some star power. As fans of course logic would imply winning is enough but rarely does it pan out. Im happy just beating Wake next week.

How does a loss effect the rankings? Do you move up?

No one is saying winning guarantees you to move up but it is a joke to think that Stanford or Baylor would jump us. In addition, there is no reason that Clemson is to stay in the top 10 other then so many teams lost behind them.

As for Missouri, I will laugh if beating UF with no one healthy moves them up 9 spots to #5.

If your SEC team you could move up with a loss, I think you are forgetting the style points that factor into rankings. I'm not saying they should I'm just sayin its all very likely to happen. I would rather be surprised we are higher than disappointed we are lower in rankings at this point in season.

I am done with this topic. At some point in the season, when teams are losing and teams are winning, the teams that win should benefit in the NOW over the teams that already lost in the PAST. If you are jumping teams dramatically after a win, there better be a reason why. The SEC will pull some BS as well but I don't think Misery does it this week.

There is nothing more to say, it is what it is.

zacklove so you have Clemson ranked over us after getting DP'd on primetime television and a Stanford team who lost to unranked Utah jumping us? We are not some MAC team or something that is undefeated. There are no more one loss teams that are going to be ranked ahead of us. Mizzou is ranked 4 spots behind us right now. I don't see them jumping us for beating a downward trending UF team that we already beat and I am not even going to argue against Baylor any more because the thought of them jumping us and into the top 5 for beating Iowa State is downright ridiculous.[/QUOTE said:
I think we will be ranked 6th or 7th and Clemson around 8th or 9th.

no chance man. SEC bias is real I agree, but no SEC team is staying even close to their ranking right now tomorrow. LSU is dropping out of the top 10 easily, USCe will probably drop to 20th. and UGA and UF will drop out of the rankings

We SHOULD be 5th. Mizzou, Baylor, and Stanford are the ones who threaten us, each of all have a sure loss or two coming up very soon so who cares

no chance man. SEC bias is real I agree, but no SEC team is staying even close to their ranking right now tomorrow. LSU is dropping out of the top 10 easily, USCe will probably drop to 20th. and UGA and UF will drop out of the rankings

We SHOULD be 5th. Mizzou, Baylor, and Stanford are the ones who threaten us, each of all have a sure loss or two coming up very soon so who cares
Agreed

Advertisement
Why would Missouri jump us after beating a UF team we took care of at full strength? Their win showed us how bad the 'turds are just as much as it showed how good Mizzou is. I think we're #5 tomorrow

We'll be #5 or #6. I can't see how Clemson doesn't fall to around 10. They're getting embarrassed at home.

This is my guess, but I think we should be 5.

The best part is we'll be right around #5 and likely going into FSU with absolutely nothing to lose and no one outside of the Cane family thinking we have a shot.

Sounds like 2005 against Virginia Tech. I would love an outcome like that.

I saw that CBS article. I don't think we deserve a number 5. I have a lot doubts after watching the UNC game. I love this team's mentality, I think we're still a couple a classes away as far as talent. Maybe next year. Please, guys, prove me wrong.

Advertisement
This is how I see rankings shaking out: 1. Bama 2. Oregon 3. FSU 4. OSU 5. Missouri 6. Miami 7. Baylor 8. Stanford 9. Clemson 10. Texas Tech 11. UCLA 12. Fresno State 13. Auburn 14. Virginia Tech 15. Oklahoma 16. LSU 17. Texas A&M 18. Louisville 19. Oklahoma State 20. South Carolina 21. Northern Illinois 22. Wisconsin 23. UCF 24. Michigan 25. Nebraska My last team out is Oregon State

And they are getting their **** pushed in? So we should be around 6 or 7?

Okay who is 5? Clemson? They only move back 2 spots, they should be the 6th team in the nation.

Sorry, meant like at worst 6 or 7.

Who would be 5? Missouri? From 14 because they beat a beaten up UF.

At worst 6, only team I could potentially see jump us would be Stanford, not expecting them to, just slightest potential.

Not to get too granular, but the team that beat Stanford, Utah, lost their 3rd game of the year tonight to unranked AZ. Makes that Utah loss look even worse.

None of us can really speak to computers, etc, but I think Baylor will jump us in the coaches poll. We were only ahead of them by like 15 points going into the weekend and they dominated another weak opponent again. Otherwise I'm HOPEFUL that no one else jumps us anywhere.

Advertisement
Okay who is 5? Clemson? They only move back 2 spots, they should be the 6th team in the nation.

Sorry, meant like at worst 6 or 7.

Who would be 5? Missouri? From 14 because they beat a beaten up UF.

At worst 6, only team I could potentially see jump us would be Stanford, not expecting them to, just slightest potential.

Not to get too granular, but the team that beat Stanford, Utah, lost their 3rd game of the year tonight to unranked AZ. Makes that Utah loss look even worse.

None of us can really speak to computers, etc, but I think Baylor will jump us in the coaches poll. We were only ahead of them by like 15 points going into the weekend and they dominated another weak opponent again. Otherwise I'm HOPEFUL that no one else jumps us anywhere.

Granular? Nobody called you granular, man.

Advertisement
The downside of yesterdays bloodbath is it gives voters a chance to reset the top ten and not move teams up based on how it usually works. Normally after a day like yesterday Miami would be 5 or 6, but more likely will be 7 or 8 because the voters will reset the top 10 and Miami will be behind some teams they're ahead of now. Miami's body of work is a pile of crap now that UF has flamed out.

Miami's body of work of is a pile of crap? Then Missouri's is mountain of crap. And Baylor's is the Mt. Everest of crap.

Advertisement
Back