GT Predictions

Advertisement
Our D is going to spend a lot of time on the field and our depth will be tested. However, Richt and company have this team's endurance up to speed now after that long sabbatical. We just need to force a couple 3 and outs or pass the turnover chain. Then deep ball score at will. Rosier makes it happen.

I'm kinda baffled where a team that has beaten two terrible teams an FCS team and lost to a equally bad SEC team gets all their confidence?

1. We haven’t beaten any world beaters either
2. We can’t stop the run to save our lives
3. Down 4 starters, and our best player if he does play won’t be anywhere near 100% in Richards
4. Did I mention we can’t stop the run?
5. Perfect let down game spot afte big win last week
6. GT coming off a bye and isn’t banged upand
7. This kid they have at QB is the best option jittery ma****a they have jotted out there in a long time.

So that’s why, this is the popular upset pick amongst everyone. I forget this is a cane board at times so we all should predict we go 11-0 and never struggle with some scrub team like GT, yeah alright lol.
With that being said...
We give up chunk plays but get a few turnovers and squeeze by in a close one, 31-28.
I think we move the ball on them and hit a few big plays with Homer, BB and Thomas ourselves.

Ok so...

5 starters out. 1, 55, 82, 3, 22. Basically - the #1 players at their respective positions.

Does this put us in the same boat or WORSE than FSU?

Meaning.. there seemed to be a public consensus that this FSU somehow went from pre-season ACC favorite and Top 3 squad to... ‘a weak FSU team’ and ‘a gutted crew’ who no longer possessed realistic ACC title aspirations.

That was the team Miami beat.

But NOW, our Canes are actually battered across the whole board but people are only talking about ‘Miami’s best offensive weapon (Walton) is out.

Nucca, we list ~23% of the entire starting lineup and some of our best playmakers.

Is GT facing a battered team? A down team?

No. And THIS is where our staff had done a really good job with the hand it was dealt. Besides obvious 2nd half adjustments, this staff is getting it right with personnel. The OL depth is scary, as is safety / CB depth but the talent level should surface this week IMO.

I’m really excited to see 24 be the primary. I think he’s great. A real Cane through and through. Choc needs to rise ala Rosier. He can. He’s a big dude with great speed. Moving DJ, who I believe will the stand alone #3 real quick, was the best move possible and the staff didn’t waste a minute. They even had the foresight to get him RB reps in camp. Jeff Thomas hopefully gets some reps somewhere in the backfield or at least some jet sweep action / flare / bubble screens.

Gaynor, I’ve heard is just nasty disposition wise. Dude rolls with bare arms like Reggie White. Eat some faces kid. Hopefully, 55 comes back in 2 weeks but I don’t think we see a huge drop off here. Creating necessary depth.

Ahmmon, I mean c’mon! What a special player he is. This may be the biggest loss for GT. Really stretches the field. His routes are gazelle-esque. BB8 has been all-world. Time to step up 3, 18, 81, and JT in this groups. Mullins, lol.

Dee was really coming on string. Surprised us all and he brought it big time vs. FSU. His physicality in the run game will be missed. Is he our #1 overall CB? Possibly. #1 2 a close second.

Not really sure what to think about #22 being out. Kid is a Cane and loves the U. He’s a solid journeyman player as a sophomore. I want to see Bandy, Amari, and Finley get some burn. Knowles can go play in traffic.

We may not be as experienced in some spots but the talent is there. Coaching is there. The swag is creepin in and this past weekend felt like an old-school Canes/FSU game ala the early 2000’s.

Fellas, it’s comin. There’s just a different feel. These kids play like the Canes of old. The culture is being THROWN at them by the staff. I love the hypocrisy of Pastor Richt. Says all the right things outside the locker room but you know he’s tellin these kids to club a baby seal on the field and talk **** while doing it.

No, this is NOT a battered squad. I think we are better setup than almost any team in the nation who would lose these 5 starters (positions).

We roll.

41-21 Canes

(GT b/w 285 - 325 rush yards)

Advertisement
i've seen too many big runs up the gut thus far to feel confident about this game... i also called "we beat fsu and lose to GT" last week before the FSU game.. I'm gonna ride with Rosier and the offense though and think we win a "shootout" something like 34 - 28...

Advertisement
They keep talking about their defense but tenneseee scored 40 and their offense is in the 100’s of total offense

UT scored 28 in regular play, there was two overtimes. As a football fan you should know that one bad quarter (4th) doesn't mean they are bad. Miami has had bad Quaters on offense and defense but that doesn't mean anything, they are still pretty good on both sides of the ball. I'm not completely sould on GT's D but they are ranked 6th in total D nationally. Yes I know they haven't played anyone, but over the past few years GT has struggled on D against bad teams.

Rosier sets new career highs for yardage and touchdowns. Harley and Thomas score, Cager gets right, Jonny Garvin knocks tech QB out in the third, and McCloud comes back to life. 41 to 6 Miami.

If we are healthier I think we smoke them.

I think we still win, but I don't see beating the spread.

Canes 35
Bees 28

Advertisement
If we are healthier I think we smoke them.

I think we still win, but I don't see beating the spread.

Canes 35
Bees 28
The spread is 6.5 so 35-28 would be beating it

Although I agree with you gonna be a close game hopefully we don't have any turnovers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Berrios - 1 TD, 6 receptions for 95 yards
Thomas - 1 TD
Homer - 1 rushing TD
Badgley - 1 FG
Pinckney - fumble recovery TD

31 - 13 because LBs finally play their positions and we kill the run.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I actually think that this will be a break out game for Jeff Thomas with Harley getting into the mix with a TD too....

I can't wait to APP State these phucking nerds.

You guys are sleeping on GT. With all our injuries, I think this one is really going to be a close one.

After we stomp them out I'll be back here to laugh at you, same thing I said about Duke who have they played that has scared you to thinking they have a shot?

Huh?

00e84cd062bd3c8ad7acf56a2f1a53e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw a statistic. Miami is the only place/stadium in the ACC where Paul Johnson has never won. 0-4 there. Let's make it 0-5...

Advertisement
Back