GT Predictions

Advertisement
They keep talking about their defense but tenneseee scored 40 and their offense is in the 100’s of total offense

Even though we are a veritable MASH unit, we are still stout up the middle which neuters 1/3rd of this offense's effectiveness. Because of that, I don't think that the pseudo-80's Nebraska clowns are going to be able to sustain many drives and we win by double digits even though it won't necessarily feel comfortable...I call it 31-16 Canes.

Here is what I know, when we had Folden and literally No D. We always lose to teams that are comparable or better and beat a bunch of teams that were way worse or struggle to beat them. Our coaching staff can toe to toe, any coaching staff imo. So now it's a game about matchups, how do we matchup at each position. Playing GT is really a physical battle and we have been winning these games for years. I think Homer can produce as much as Walton can, and in some cases I like him a little better because he gets north south quicker. DBs might be a problem communications wise. We defeat them at every position. Fairly confident in this game. I think alot of us have trauma from that game in 08 when it gashed us for almost 500 yards. Since then, it's been str8 dominance. They do not matchup up well against us once everyone catches up to it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This is going to be a good game, hate watching the option offense though cuz they drain the clock

We got 14 points off turnovers last year, doubt that happens again. A little tighter but we are at home and they dont do so well at Miami typically.

27-20 Miami

Advertisement
I was close last week with a 3 point prediction.

I think our offense sputters for a quarter and GT takes advantage to burn the clock. Regardless of who's hurt we shouldn't lose to this 1970s offense. 27-21 Canes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
A couple of those guys referred to their drives (in the second half and ahead) as the "death march".
No shet!!
Their 3-and-outs take 4 1/2 minutes!

The last time they beat us they limited us to 7 possessions.
In our wins we averaged about 11.
No death marches.

If you don't think their defensive numbers are a product of that offense they run, you're crazy.
If we can reasonably protect #12 vs. FSU, we sure as hel will be able to do it here.

'Canes 30-23.

We beat GT

I think our LB's match up well against triple O. Our athletes better than their athletes. Home field + CMR experience against them = win.

30 - 20

Advertisement
Fan support should be off the charts. Have it on excellent authority the student section will be packed. The school/HardRock are allowing frat tailgates again. That's another 1000+ people right there. GTech ain't sht. Will be hype.

Rosier will be going ham. They don't have the athletes.

45-17 Canes stuff the nerds in a locker

Advertisement
Funny to see other Teams boards. If we get up by 2 TDs its over. Everyone knows they can't play from behind.

35-21 Canes. This board has a meltdown because GT gets a lot of rushing yards (even that’s what they always do)

Advertisement
Back