In all, the 2017 Gruden’s QB Camp class includes:

Joshua Dobbs (Tennessee)
Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
DeShone Kizer (Notre Dame)
Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech)
Nathan Peterman (Pittsburgh)
Mitch Trubisky (North Carolina)
Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

The best argument for Kaaya getting drafted earlier than he should is that these guys all SUCK

Advertisement
Gruden is great when he digs in during these sessions. Will be interesting to see how Kaaya does.

My Ranking:

1. Watson
2. Trubisky
3. Kizer
4. Mahomes
5. Kaaya
6. Peterman
7. Davis Webb
8. Jerod Evans

Its crazy how 6/8 of these qbs are in the ACC or mostly in the ACC (Kizer).

And Dobbs shouldn't even be signed as a udfa. Dude is trash.

Joshua Dobbs (Tennessee)
Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

If you count Norte Dame, 5 out of the 7 from the ACC.

Advertisement

Joshua Dobbs (Tennessee)
Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

The best argument for Kaaya getting drafted earlier than he should is that these guys all SUCK

Look no further than this list to understand why Kaaya left.

And if anybody actually thinks he will go undrafted, please review this link ...

National Football League: NFL Draft History - by Position

Joshua Dobbs (Tennessee)
Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

Look no further than this list to understand why Kaaya left.

And if anybody actually thinks he will go undrafted, please review this link ...

Great post - lot of crappy QBs over the years. Sounds like some people want Kayaa to fail. If Jeff Driskel can get drafted, so too can Kayaa.

Joshua Dobbs (Tennessee)
Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

this belief that just bc youre a qb a team is going to automatically reach and draft you is bs

yeah there were teams that have drafted busts at QB early but show me one that was considered a reach at the time aside from maybe Johnny Manziel and it was sort of 50/50 with him?

Aside from Deshaun Watson and maybe Mitch Trubisky the rest of these QBs arent getting drafted before the 5th round.

Advertisement

Joshua Dobbs (Tennessee)
Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

this belief that just bc youre a qb a team is going to automatically reach and draft you is bs

yeah there were teams that have drafted busts at QB early but show me one that was considered a reach at the time aside from maybe Johnny Manziel and it was sort of 50/50 with him?

Aside from Deshaun Watson and maybe Mitch Trubisky the rest of these QBs arent getting drafted before the 5th round.

9 QBs last year were taken before the 5th round, 5 the year before, 7 the year before that and the trend keeps going. There's a 0% chance that only 2 qbs go in the first 4 rounds

Joshua Dobbs (Tennessee)
Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

Wanna bet? I guarantee you everyone on this list except for Dobbs and Peterman, will get drafted before the 5th.

Joshua Dobbs (Tennessee)
Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

Please review the link.

I think you'll be shocked at the names that have gone before the 5th round ...

Advertisement

Joshua Dobbs (Tennessee)
Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

Tim Tebow.

Joshua Dobbs (Tennessee)
Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

Please review the link.

last years draft all the Qbs that were taken before the 5th round are better than Brad Kaaya the fact that majority of them will bust just strengthens my belief that Kaaya is a very late round pick or UFA at best.

edit: to add the 2013 QB class was a **** show like this one, wouldnt surprise me that teams play it smart and avoid qbs after Deshaun Watson is drafted

Last edited:

Joshua Dobbs (Tennessee)
Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

Please review the link.

last years draft all the Qbs that were taken before the 5th round are better than Brad Kaaya the fact that majority of them will bust just strengthens my belief that Kaaya is a very late round pick or UFA at best.

edit: to add the 2013 QB class was a **** show like this one, wouldnt surprise me that teams play it smart and avoid qbs after Deshaun Watson is drafted

Hackenberg better than kaaya? Gtfoh lol

Please review the link.

Hackenberg better than kaaya? Gtfoh lol

Don't mind him, he's a moron.

Advertisement
Back