Gruden's QB Camp

Advertisement
Think Kaaya will do well with the right team. A team like the Pats would be ideal for him. I say he goes in the second round.

[video=youtube;X8sBxkfgmdY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8sBxkfgmdY[/video]

Some different takes.

Advertisement
At least he stopped with all the blinking. That's red flag that probably had more to do with being interviewed on TV than being nervous about the game. At the beginning of last year he was blinking like a crazy man. I was glad to see it disappear as the season went on. I like BK and hope he does well. Sitting behind Brady, Rivers, Palmer or even Smith in KC for a couple/few years is the ideal set up for him. Maybe some team with young talent could sign a Warner type to mentor him in the pro-game and hand it off to him. Like any QB confidence is a huge part of his game, with the right team I think he could do OK. if not, back up QB in the NFL is a GREAT job to have. Good luck to him.

Go Canes!

Nice link. Trever Siemian was a 7th round pick. Starting QB for Denver in his 2nd year. Amazing!!! I think Kaaya going to be fine. I think he goes in round 3. Based on what I saw at the combine, I think he's way a head of the other QB's in his footwork and reading defenses. I think Kaaya will be a starter in year 3 of NFL. It's hard to evaluate the other QB's because they're spread system guys. Interested to see how Watson does. Can he read NFL defenses? Throw in tight windows? These spread guys are used to throwing to wide open receivers and the reads are much simpler because the scheme dictates the defense. Kind of just 1-2 read and throw.

Advertisement
[TWEET]842088186075586560[/TWEET]

Everyone knew this besides Richt. My one problem with Richt last year was the biggest problem, he didn't put Kaaya in position to be great! I have like everything Richt has done besides the mismanagent of a fragile, unathletic QB. We win 1 or 2 more games if we just called different plays during the FSU, UNC, Va Tech and Notre Dame stretch. Hopefully Richt will adapt to whatever QB he has this year.
You don't have to be mobile to run rpo. It could be as simple as reading and see if a linebacker bites on the fake to the running back and then having a receiver or tight end replacing the spot the linebacker created by biting down on the run fake. He's not that athletic but kaaya has enough speed to get some yards. It was a few games where he could have kept it and wouldn't have been touched walking into the end zone. That unc game comes to mind when I say that.. regardless richts playcalling was much better in the second half of the season. Richt even admitted to not watching what these guys did the year prior so he was learning on the go when they actually started playing the games to get a feel of what the kids could do imo. We're in much better shape this year now that Richt is fully comfortable with his personnel. Now let's see if one of these qbs can win the competition out right

By transferring the responsibility on the play call at the line of scrimmage to the QB, Mark slowed Kaaya down by imposing an extra decision on him. His handling of Brad was horrible and in a class of Golden's abuse of our local defensive talent. Diaz simplified the defense by removing all the read/react crap and bam, better defense. Mark went the other way and bam, worse offense. When Mark just called straight run or pass plays, Kaaya did much better. Kaaya is slow of foot and Mark's decision to use run pass option was exactly wrong thing to do. Gruden's comment dealt with read option which very different -- Mark was not asking Brad to run, but he still slowed him down.

I would love for my Bears to draft him in the 2nd. I think Kaaya is the goods. I think he'll make a couple of pro-bowls too. Just need some refinement. Even if he doesn't go to my Bears, I'm rooting for this kid along w/ all the other Canes looking to fulfill their dreams. Whether some of ya'll numbnuts realize it or not, we need as many successful Canes in the NFL to help restore the luster of our school. We need that rep as NFLU again. So **** right I'm rooting for any Cane drafted or undrafted.

Some different takes.

Kaaya is built for the interviews and controlled passing environments. He's gonna blow scouts away, IMO.

Maybe one of the Coaches on CIS (Macho, etc.) can explain the swim noodle "pressure" @0:44 - 0:47. On the face of it, it looks as bad as the ***** contraption...Do a lot of coaches use these or is it just something Gruden likes to do...He did play at UDayton, so ANYTHING is possible.

Advertisement

Some different takes.

Kaaya is built for the interviews and controlled passing environments. He's gonna blow scouts away, IMO.

Maybe one of the Coaches on CIS (Macho, etc.) can explain the swim noodle "pressure" @0:44 - 0:47. On the face of it, it looks as bad as the ***** contraption...Do a lot of coaches use these or is it just something Gruden likes to do...He did play at UDayton, so ANYTHING is possible.

It's suppose to simulate pocket pressure, and being able to step up and make a throw without a "clean pocket". But guys know they aren't getting hit, so it's not really the same.

It's better than throwing with no pressure, I guess.

Advertisement
Back