In all, the 2017 Gruden’s QB Camp class includes:

Joshua Dobbs (Tennessee)
Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.)
DeShone Kizer (Notre Dame)
Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech)
Nathan Peterman (Pittsburgh)
Mitch Trubisky (North Carolina)
Deshaun Watson (Clemson)

this belief that just bc youre a qb a team is going to automatically reach and draft you is bs

yeah there were teams that have drafted busts at QB early but show me one that was considered a reach at the time aside from maybe Johnny Manziel and it was sort of 50/50 with him?

Aside from Deshaun Watson and maybe Mitch Trubisky the rest of these QBs arent getting drafted before the 5th round.

Tim Tebow.

Reach isn't strong enough of a statement to describe Tebow. Dude was like a 3rd-4th round projection . Mcdaniels was doing some hella drugs.

Advertisement
[TWEET]842088186075586560[/TWEET]

Everyone knew this besides Richt. My one problem with Richt last year was the biggest problem, he didn't put Kaaya in position to be great! I have like everything Richt has done besides the mismanagent of a fragile, unathletic QB. We win 1 or 2 more games if we just called different plays during the FSU, UNC, Va Tech and Notre Dame stretch. Hopefully Richt will adapt to whatever QB he has this year.

[TWEET]842088186075586560[/TWEET]

Everyone knew this besides Richt. My one problem with Richt last year was the biggest problem, he didn't put Kaaya in position to be great! I have like everything Richt has done besides the mismanagent of a fragile, unathletic QB. We win 1 or 2 more games if we just called different plays during the FSU, UNC, Va Tech and Notre Dame stretch. Hopefully Richt will adapt to whatever QB he has this year.
You don't have to be mobile to run rpo. It could be as simple as reading and see if a linebacker bites on the fake to the running back and then having a receiver or tight end replacing the spot the linebacker created by biting down on the run fake. He's not that athletic but kaaya has enough speed to get some yards. It was a few games where he could have kept it and wouldn't have been touched walking into the end zone. That unc game comes to mind when I say that.. regardless richts playcalling was much better in the second half of the season. Richt even admitted to not watching what these guys did the year prior so he was learning on the go when they actually started playing the games to get a feel of what the kids could do imo. We're in much better shape this year now that Richt is fully comfortable with his personnel. Now let's see if one of these qbs can win the competition out right

I can see this somehow turning into another misunderstanding of RPO vs Read-option (aka spread-option).

Can't wait.

Advertisement
Did anyone see Mitch(ell) Trubisky's session with Gruden? I heard secondhand that it was brutally bad. That he came off as not knowing too much. Not that Gruden isn't severely overrated as some QB guru but still.

I didn't see that one, but my problem with almost all of these is that Gruden is too easy on them. Now, I expect him to be b/c what agent would send their player to do this if they thought Gruden was going to rip them, but still - you have to look at these knowing their aren't going to be any 100 mph fastballs thrown.

Did anyone see Mitch(ell) Trubisky's session with Gruden? I heard secondhand that it was brutally bad. That he came off as not knowing too much. Not that Gruden isn't severely overrated as some QB guru but still.

I didn't see that one, but my problem with almost all of these is that Gruden is too easy on them. Now, I expect him to be b/c what agent would send their player to do this if they thought Gruden was going to rip them, but still - you have to look at these knowing their aren't going to be any 100 mph fastballs thrown.

Supposedly trubisky didn't know what a hard count was. That's like pop warner knowledge.

Advertisement

Supposedly trubisky didn't know what a hard count was. That's like pop warner knowledge.
Where did you all see that at?

I think Kaaya gets drafted, no doubt about it. He's really good at what he does well... Just very bad at what he doesn't. Someone will take a chance on him. Someone might even take a risk and draft in within the first 4 rounds. I can't see a QB with his abilities, even when you look at his disabilities, not getting drafted.

I'm just disappointed he never really got any better while he was here. Had he improved, even just a little, he shoots up the draft boards. His footwork, if anything, looked worse than 3 years ago. Wish him luck.

Hey, glad to count Kaaya a Cane and hope for the best . . . but these guys are blowing smoke - three systems in as many years, changing conferences, firing Larry Scott. ****, this must be the fake news everyone is talking about. Selling him as another pocket passer in the great Miami tradition. If you go back to Jim Kelly, Kaaya is the least athletic QB, possessed the worst feet and melted when smacked in the mouth. Again, wish him well and he was a good college quarterback, but he has limitations and any GM risking his future on Kaaya is taking a hefty gamble.

Advertisement
Hey, glad to count Kaaya a Cane and hope for the best . . . but these guys are blowing smoke - three systems in as many years, changing conferences, firing Larry Scott. ****, this must be the fake news everyone is talking about. Selling him as another pocket passer in the great Miami tradition. If you go back to Jim Kelly, Kaaya is the least athletic QB, possessed the worst feet and melted when smacked in the mouth. Again, wish him well and he was a good college quarterback, but he has limitations and any GM risking his future on Kaaya is taking a hefty gamble.

You don't wish him well, you are sh*tting on him after you said "wish him well" lol... smh

Russillo said it on Mon or Tues show. It was from Grudens camp.

They were laughing their asses off because he didn't know that.

Last edited:

**** that's pretty crazy and he's considered to be the top qb of the class

Advertisement

You don't wish him well, you are sh*tting on him after you said "wish him well" lol... smh

Sorry, didn't realize your skill set also included mind reading. I actually do wish him well, like I would any and all Canes. I'm also willing to recognize his limitations and am not afraid to call out Gruden when he's spewing BS.

this belief that just bc youre a qb a team is going to automatically reach and draft you is bs

yeah there were teams that have drafted busts at QB early but show me one that was considered a reach at the time aside from maybe Johnny Manziel and it was sort of 50/50 with him?

Aside from Deshaun Watson and maybe Mitch Trubisky the rest of these QBs arent getting drafted before the 5th round.

Wanna bet? If he gets drafted you get the **** out...if he doesn't I will leave.

I'll only accept the bet based on the 4th round... if he doesnt get drafted before the 4th you're banned, if he does get drafted before the 4th im banned... wanna take the bet??

Bull****. You have been running your mouth all over the boards that he won't get drafted. Now you're gonna hedge? **** troll **** goin on round here.

After watching that weak gruden qb camp, im even more convinced Brad Kaaya aint getting drafted

Bet is still on the table then...

It shows him failing to execute a hard count here.

Jon Gruden believes Mitchell Trubisky can handle Browns' hometown pressure and 'he'll be a real steal for somebody' | cleveland.com

Wanna bet? If he gets drafted you get the **** out...if he doesn't I will leave.

I'll only accept the bet based on the 4th round... if he doesnt get drafted before the 4th you're banned, if he does get drafted before the 4th im banned... wanna take the bet??

Bull****. You have been running your mouth all over the boards that he won't get drafted. Now you're gonna hedge? **** troll **** goin on round here.

After watching that weak gruden qb camp, im even more convinced Brad Kaaya aint getting drafted

Well now I understand your screen name. Makes sense, if you think he is not getting drafted you are Crazy as F**k. Between rounds 3-4 would be my guess.

Advertisement
Back