Greg Simmons commits

So kids are signing up hoping he gets canned? Why not just wait. The offers are gonna come anyway?

Whoever said that is a moron. These kids/players dont hate AG and his staff. Only the fans do.

Momma Duke disagrees

Come on you got 90 players on a team and another 50-100 being recruited. thats 150 now add in parents and its almost 500 people. Your gonna have a few people who have some words or clash sometimes.

She said " half the team would transfer if they didn't have to sit out ". That speaks loudly coming from her .

IMO , Al isn't the reason these kids are coming. I believe a bunch of these guys want to be Canes , regardless of the coach.

I always hear in recruiting " choose the school, not the coach. There's no guarantees the coach will be there".

Just look at Shaq and his dad, they're Canes, he didn't choose UM for the coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Too many on this board are confusing their own personal feelings with how teenagers feel.
I understand how many feel such as myself in regard to needing a new coach, but much of vitriol spewed here seems like it come off a first grade playground.

It is amazing with all the expert coaches and talent evaluators on this board that the NFL or top collegiate programs are not raiding this site to fill their staffs.

While many here are frustrated I think there are a small cadre of fans who happen to be miserable in their own lives and want everyone to share in their misery.

So kids are signing up hoping he gets canned? Why not just wait. The offers are gonna come anyway?

Whoever said that is a moron. These kids/players dont hate AG and his staff. Only the fans do.

Momma Duke disagrees

The kids in this class disagree with Momma Duke and most of the fans on this site. and the last time I checked that's who matters. You hatters dont sign LOIs. Not one other FN person does either. So I don't give a chit if Ab lincoln disagrees because his opinion matters as much as Momma Dukes does on this class.

All that matters for a class in Miami to be huge is that the kids are hyped on Miami.

These kids are hyped so if you call yourself a Miami fan why are you trying to tell them they are wrong. And F all those trolls on this site who say differently.

Glad this guy committed.... now we need 1 more... hoping its Rice, kust dnt want Bobby Boucher to get a offer at a Camp n we shut other guys out

Assuming some of you are correct and recruits are jumping on board because they don't want to be coached by Golden. Do you believe if we were to win 10, 11 or even 12 games next year that they drop their commitment? Please answer the question.

Come on dont even give them that. There is no way in **** these kids are coming to the U because they think there is going to be a change. Thats just more of the mass delusion seen on this site. So many people on this site are so FN dumb about this topic thats its painful to watch them fist themselves in a desperate attempt to soil this class and the U. Trolls go home.

Advertisement
High energy, high motor. These are the types we missed. These guys will not be denied. Our 4 LB's have that dog in them and they will be fighting over each other to hit people. I see them all competing for tackles and talking trash. Maybe not McCloud, because he is said to be quite and unassuming, but the others, **** yeah. We need Baptiste to join the party.

Glad this guy committed.... now we need 1 more... hoping its Rice, kust dnt want Bobby Boucher to get a offer at a Camp n we shut other guys out

With all these guys committing,thank god by june there will be very few if any spots available for camp standouts.

Assuming some of you are correct and recruits are jumping on board because they don't want to be coached by Golden. Do you believe if we were to win 10, 11 or even 12 games next year that they drop their commitment? Please answer the question.

Come on dont even give them that. There is no way in **** these kids are coming to the U because they think there is going to be a change. Thats just more of the mass delusion seen on this site. So many people on this site are so FN dumb about this topic thats its painful to watch them fist themselves in a desperate attempt to soil this class and the U. Trolls go home.

How often do teams have classes like this with a lame duck coach? Al is widely considered the number one coach on the hotseat.

Arguably the best class around here in years is following a offseason with Al rumored to be fired weekly. It's not too far fetched is it?

The same guy who couldn't close to save his life when he had all the job security you could ask for.

Momma Duke disagrees

The kids in this class disagree with Momma Duke and most of the fans on this site. and the last time I checked that's who matters. You hatters dont sign LOIs. Not one other FN person does either. So I don't give a chit if Ab lincoln disagrees because his opinion matters as much as Momma Dukes does on this class.

All that matters for a class in Miami to be huge is that the kids are hyped on Miami.

These kids are hyped so if you call yourself a Miami fan why are you trying to tell them they are wrong. And F all those trolls on this site who say differently.

These kids haven't signed LOIs yet either.

Advertisement

Momma Duke disagrees

These kids haven't signed LOIs yet either.

We had a top five class at one point last year, so I'm not counting these eggs till nsd. Especially with Al's rep for not closing.

Congrats to the kid.

What I'm about to say isn't specifically in reference to Simmons, even though I prefer Rice & Jean-Baptiste and would've preferred to see us remain patient at LB to see if we could land them. But you'd think one of the advantages of having so many elite early verbal commits is that the staff could afford to be selective with which recruits they accept commitments from, even though there will inevitably be decommitments as we all know.

Really think they should've waited on this one. Oh well.

Welcome to the U to this kid but I agree with you on this one. 2016 is all about evaluations. This is directed at Golden and not Simmons. Golden needs to be smart and only add other elite LBs now based on evaluation. Take advantage of selling a recruit on playing with three other elite guys. I just watched Simmons film and compared it to Handy's film from columbus, along with other SFL LBs and seen a big difference whether its delivering a pop or speed to the ball. I felt the same way when we took Hinson. Lets not just start off having the #1 class cause we have more quantity then everyone else now but lets end #1 because we have more quality then everyone else.

no offense, but why do any of you do this to yourself yearly?? do you remember how on fire we were for the 2015 cycle? how much buzz we had for the 2014 cycle? what about the 2013 cycle?? how did we end?? before we get all gippy about what's going on, let's allow the season to play out first. golden has a history of botching classes. fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me and i'm not a fool and neither should any of you, at this point.

Momma Duke disagrees

Come on you got 90 players on a team and another 50-100 being recruited. thats 150 now add in parents and its almost 500 people. Your gonna have a few people who have some words or clash sometimes.

She said " half the team would transfer if they didn't have to sit out ". That speaks loudly coming from her .

IMO , Al isn't the reason these kids are coming. I believe a bunch of these guys want to be Canes , regardless of the coach.

I always hear in recruiting " choose the school, not the coach. There's no guarantees the coach will be there".

Just look at Shaq and his dad, they're Canes, he didn't choose UM for the coach.

I met D. Lawson for the first time last weekend and while talking to him he told me the main reason he switched from Miami to Vtech, was that on his visit several current players at miami told him not to come to miami because Golden wasn't trustworthy and showed favoritism to certain players and they wished they hadn't committed to miami.

Advertisement

Momma Duke disagrees

I met D. Lawson for the first time last weekend and while talking to him he told me the main reason he switched from Miami to Vtech, was that on his visit several current players at miami told him not to come to miami because Golden wasn't trustworthy and showed favoritism to certain players and they wished they hadn't committed to miami.

Earl Moore

The reason all these guys are jumping on is because they want to be Canes. They are jumping on now and waiting on the season to see if Golden is as legit as he is telling them. If he wins, they'll stick, if not there will be some that stick, others will bail.

Golden gets fired, same thing, some stick because they still like him/believe or whatever and some stay because they were here for the school not Golden. If he doesn't win this year and somehow stays I think the believing in him factor is gone, won't be using that to get off to a hot start anymore in recruiting.

Momma Duke is one lady. And this recent "clique" story definitely falls in line with the picture she painted.

Advertisement
Momma Duke disagrees

Earl Moore

Cue crying baby sound effect

All i know is the more commits we have, the more that will stick come February. The same ones that come on every commit thread and say " just wait, were losing everybody" , fail to comprehend that a lot of these kids want to play for Miami. Most will stick if Al is retained and if he is fired and the new coach want them. Deal with it. Welcome to The U Greg!

75% of these kids will not be in the class if Golden is still the coach by November.

Sincerely,

Travis Rudolph, Jordan Scarlett, Alex Collins, Keith Bryant, Dexter Williams, etc.

Valid point. I wonder WTF the selling point is here. Someone on the side saying, "Man, just get in on this class because there's a **** good coach waiting after Golden..."

Momma Duke disagrees

And some of you think this guy is going to send Manuel to Miami.

Advertisement
Back