Greetings from Arkansas State

I want to compliment the civil tone of the replies to OP. Even peeking under the dirty rug of the ignore user crowd, there was civility.
Amazing thread (up to now)!

Advertisement
Man, even when we were 5-6 with Coker playing BC for "bowl eligibility" I couldn't route against our Canes. Believe me, we don't need Arkansas State to beat us to get Golden fired and I would never route for some Sun Belt team to beat my Canes. Some of you guys are nuts. Pat "Nads" going to save us, got blow out by Oregon, everyone off that train yet? We got more problems than just Golden, comes from the top.

Man, even when we were 5-6 with Coker playing BC for "bowl eligibility" I couldn't route against our Canes. Believe me, we don't need Arkansas State to beat us to get Golden fired and I would never route for some Sun Belt team to beat my Canes. Some of you guys are nuts. Pat "Nads" going to save us, got blow out by Oregon, everyone off that train yet? We got more problems than just Golden, comes from the top.

Nope

OP thanks for the report, unfortunately I think we probably squeak out an ugly close win at home.

Advertisement
My brothers father-in-law, Don is a great guy. Thanks for the picture never seen this one before.

Nope . All great D coaches get lit up every now and again. Unlike ours who get lit 80 % of the time.

We always seem to have some random person making a new account. Portraying themselves to be some fan of brand X school.

Advertisement
Man fucc all that... you cool and all chiefsfan... but we gonna merk yall on Saturday... i dont know about Golden or Coley Or D No but Duke and DP is about to clown yall for real. 38-10 Cane Shades

Yo chiefsfan,

wondering how you guys looked against UT last week?

We were on and off. After weeks of hearing how we'd be lucky to score a TD on their defense, we scored the opening TD 5 minutes in and actually led. That sort of woke the Vols up, and they took full advantage of the fact we had a major mismatch at one of the receiver/db slots and ran up 17 straight points. During that time the offense committed something like 7 or 8 first half penalties.

From there it was actually pretty back and forth. We used a fake punt to start a TD drive to cut it to 5. Then they would score to go back up to 12. Only difference was a game changer. We forced them to punt out of the back their own end zone to start the 2nd half, and a poor punt meant we were going to get the ball about the UT30 down 12. But our return man tried to get even more yards out of it, and muffed it right back to the Vols. They ended up scoring a TD on the possession to go back up 19.

We responded late 3rd early 4th with a long TD drive to cut it back to a 12 point game, then went for a surprise onside kick, that our guy fell on, but had ripped from him in the bottom of the scrum. Vols never scored, but they were able to start running a lot of clock off, and losing two key players to injuries in the 4th quarter led the OC deciding to cut our losses and Call it a day rather than trying to cut it to 5 in the final two minutes. I'm still curious to hear the rationale for that decision in today's press conference. Fans were mutinous, but if he says what I think he will (That we had lost 3 players for the season already in that one game, and didn't want to risk Knighten or McKissic) than I will understand completely.

Man fucc all that... you cool and all chiefsfan... but we gonna merk yall on Saturday... i dont know about Golden or Coley Or D No but Duke and DP is about to clown yall for real. 38-10 Cane Shades

You're going to beat us as bad as you did FAMU? I watched some of that game. QB plays like that against us, he'll have more than 2 interceptions to his name. Defense looked good though. That's what worries me.

Advertisement

You're going to beat us as bad as you did FAMU? I watched some of that game. QB plays like that against us, he'll have more than 2 interceptions to his name. Defense looked good though. That's what worries me.

I'm optimistic if he is who I think he is then he'll clean that up. I just pray he has time to throw and the receiver group plays lights out. If that happens then yeah worse than FAMU we left 28 pts on the field. Probably more smfh.

I need to know more about my new team. Chiefsfan, when Miami goes 3 wide, which one of your defensive lineman is most likely to cover the slot receiver?

Advertisement
I need to know more about my new team. Chiefsfan, when Miami goes 3 wide, which one of your defensive lineman is most likely to cover the slot receiver?

Frankie Jackson is a former RB who plays a hybrid LB/CB slot. He's usually responsible for covering the 3rd or 4th WR in a set. If you guys huddle, we'll likely just bring a 3rd DB in though to handle those looks. Remember, our backup at DB was 2nd team all conference last year.

Frankie Jackson is a former RB who plays a hybrid LB/CB slot. He's usually responsible for covering the 3rd or 4th WR in a set. If you guys huddle, we'll likely just bring a 3rd DB in though to handle those looks. Remember, our backup at DB was 2nd team all conference last year.

Frankie Jackson, 5'10", 198 lbs. This is highly concerning. Seems a little light to take on the slot receiver. Don't we have someone more in the 260 lb range we can use?

Frankie Jackson, 5'10", 198 lbs. This is highly concerning. Seems a little light to take on the slot receiver. Don't we have someone more in the 260 lb range we can use?

:eek:h_gif_kid:

Agreed. A former tailback playing rover? This can't possibly work.

Advertisement
Back