Greatest Live Moment

UM-FSU 2000(27-24)......Dorsey to Shockey. The Orange Bowl was electric.

This^^^

Followed by Carlos Jones pick 6 in the '94 FSU game, I swear the upper deck was going to collapse:

[video=youtube_share;0D-0Ix29TI0]http://youtu.be/0D-0Ix29TI0[/video]

Carlos Jones' INT was my favorite moment. Loudest moment I've witnessed in the OB. Louder than Notre Dame in '89. Louder than FSU in '00.

Advertisement
Sean Taylor laying out 81 for FSU in true style for a key incompletion late in the game. Y'all know the hit.

Sean Taylor laying out 81 for FSU in true style for a key incompletion late in the game. Y'all know the hit.

**** that. Refs blew that call. That was no incompletion, that was a fumble. They get that call right, and we have a first down at the FSU 32 or 33 and probably get at least a FG to go up 31-27 and it never comes down a Wide Left.

**** that. Refs blew that call. That was no incompletion, that was a fumble. They get that call right, and we have a first down at the FSU 32 or 33 and probably get at least a FG to go up 31-27 and it never comes down a Wide Left.

I agree it was a fumble but still one of the best hits evar. EVAR.

[video=youtube;j7yasmqoLP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7yasmqoLP0[/video]

Advertisement
All of these great moments and they show none of them during the pre-smoke entrance. Boggles the mind.

Easy. 3rd and 43 against ND at the Orange Bowl Thanksgiving weekend in 1989. It was the peak of the hatred and these were far, far and away the two best teams in America.

Erickson first down 44 yard pass
to Thrill Hill, broke their will, and the national championship was in the bag. I was scared for my life. Place was so loud... Craziest I or anyone I knew had ever seen it... I was literally scared the upper deck was going to fall down it was shaking so much. God I miss the OB.

God made ND #1, but Miami made em #2.

I've been to 3 Super Bowls, saw my Giants immaculate reception to beat the Pats with my own eyes at one, was there against UCLA in 98, our Rose bowl NC, wide right I in doak, a no hitter, World Series when the POTUS threw the first pitch after 9/11... But NOTHING... NOTHING I will ever see will touch the glory of that moment. We killed their souls. It was beautiful. And I hate them no less to this day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1zUKJVEw8&desktop_uri=/watch?v=gw1zUKJVEw8

Bomb - we have alot in common. I live and breath Giants football, Yankee baseball, but NEVER in my 50 years did I ever attend a louder, more exciting game. There really was electric in the air that Sat night. We were hoarse leaving the OB.

Not many of these younger Canes understand the true depth of the HATRED between the U and ND. Beating them and Holtz was the sweetest game I ever attended and dare I say, will ever attend. Section X Row 31 Seats 5-8 Damm I miss the OB!

This thread comes up every year and I doubt my answer will ever change....

Dorsey to Shocked at the on in 2000. A close second is our interception to seal the 94 FSU game. Whoop there it is was fun back then. I was only 10 but will never forget that moment.

Tie between Edgerin James toasting UCLA and Whooping Washingtons *** for revenge at the OB. The Edge game was obviously better but I was only 10 or 11 or so for the Washington game and went in the back of a big F-350 to the game and tailgated with my friends, played tackle football in the OB parking lot, it was just a nice childhood memory.

I'll take Edge though I think now.

Advertisement
I've been going to games since '90. Only games I missed was when I was at FSU for 5 years even though I did see all the games Miami played in Tally. The '07 game with Kirby was an incredible win and felt great but didn't really mean anything. The UCLA game with Edge was an incredible game and I think was the first step to becoming dominant again. I remember it was probably the most shocked and happy I've been after a game. I remember jumping into a dog pile with a bunch of random cause everyone was so ecstatic(and I'm sure drunk). But nothing will ever top the pass from Dorsey to Shockey in '01. The whole game you could feel this was our time to get back to the top and this was the game to prove it. Throughout the game it just felt like we were going to win. Will never forget Dan Morgan laying out one of the FSU players on one of the first plays of the game to send a message. When Shockey caught that pass everything came true and it was incredible

I travel a lot (and now live in Vegas) so I watch a lot of the games on TV. I remember THE DRIVE, wish I could have seen it from the stands. I knew we were going to hang on to win. My friends sitting there tried to say that the game was over. (BTW, it's not over until FSU misses the kick wide :nelsonhaha: ) That game told the rest of the college football world we would be a force to be messed with in the rest of the year and for years following.

I did get to make the Colorado, Virginia and bowl games in 2005 and a few games in the OB in 2006. That was such an awesome stadium to watch a game.

Easy. 3rd and 43 against ND at the Orange Bowl Thanksgiving weekend in 1989. It was the peak of the hatred and these were far, far and away the two best teams in America.

Erickson first down 44 yard pass
to Thrill Hill, broke their will, and the national championship was in the bag. I was scared for my life. Place was so loud... Craziest I or anyone I knew had ever seen it... I was literally scared the upper deck was going to fall down it was shaking so much. God I miss the OB.

God made ND #1, but Miami made em #2.

I've been to 3 Super Bowls, saw my Giants immaculate reception to beat the Pats with my own eyes at one, was there against UCLA in 98, our Rose bowl NC, wide right I in doak, a no hitter, World Series when the POTUS threw the first pitch after 9/11... But NOTHING... NOTHING I will ever see will touch the glory of that moment. We killed their souls. It was beautiful. And I hate them no less to this day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1zUKJVEw8&desktop_uri=/watch?v=gw1zUKJVEw8

Bomb - we have alot in common. I live and breath Giants football, Yankee baseball, but NEVER in my 50 years did I ever attend a louder, more exciting game. There really was electric in the air that Sat night. We were hoarse leaving the OB.

Not many of these younger Canes understand the true depth of the HATRED between the U and ND. Beating them and Holtz was the sweetest game I ever attended and dare I say, will ever attend. Section X Row 31 Seats 5-8 Damm I miss the OB!

Agree brother. If you were there, you know it was the most insane and loudest game in UM history. I still can't believe it.

Was at the 2001 Rose Bowl NC game - great game and this hit:[video=youtube;x8aSGYIlVPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x8aSGYIlVPw[/video]

My soon to be greatest moment will be watching Golden raise the crystal in Pasadena this year.

The first five minutes of the Washington game in 2001 was insane. The place was going nuts. That game was rescheduled to thanksgiving weekend because of 9/11.

the last five minutes of 2000 FSU was crazy because FSU had been so dominant for previous few seasons and UM was really hitting its stride. Even when shockey scored, I guarantee most UM fans thought there was too much time on the clock.

Advertisement
Devin Hesters blocked field goal return in the 2004 Peach Bowl. My mom had taken me as a late Christmas gift that year while I was up from SoFla visiting her in Atlanta. All time favorite live game.

The first five minutes of the Washington game in 2001 was insane. The place was going nuts. That game was rescheduled to thanksgiving weekend because of 9/11.

the last five minutes of 2000 FSU was crazy because FSU had been so dominant for previous few seasons and UM was really hitting its stride. Even when shockey scored, I guarantee most UM fans thought there was too much time on the clock.

If there were 10 more seconds on the clock, FSU would have had about 15 more yds to work with, both defenses were worthless pylons puking their guts out by the end of the game. Not saying they would have made the FG, but it would not have been the near 50 yd attempt either.

Watching Sean Taylor destroy Chris Rix in Tally during a monsoon. Was about 30 feet away when he dove in the end one after a pick 6 just a few of ST nits that day. He was a man among boy a single greatest performance I have ever seen live

Advertisement
Tough to pick just one. I will say THE DRIVE. the OB was amazing that day. The first wide right is a very close second (simply because it was at FSU ... I was right behind the field goal ... Wow!).

Carlos Jones - WEZ was turned upside down
Wide Right II - crazy talent on that field
Mcgahee screen - never have I implored someone to run faster than that moment
Wide Left - felt like divine intervention
UCLA - felt like we won the NC
Wide Right III in 2000 - great afternoon at the OB
FSU 09 last play - underrated game
VT 05 a glorious evening
Washington 2001 was Mardi Gras

I was a student from 05-09, so slim pickings. Best moment was the goal line stand in tally '09. Nolies thought ponders pass was complete as time expired and bobby Dodd exploded. Took them a minute to realize the tip of the ball had hit the ground

"Caught, touchdown! No, incomplete! The canes have survived"

Advertisement
Back