Greatest Live Moment

Advertisement
Well, I just attended my first Canes game on Saturday, so I'll say the unreal throw Morris made to Dorsett. Threw that ball 60 yards in the air on a dime.

Sean Taylor had an int in the orange bowl game vs FSWho that we won in I believe 03 or 04 that was legit. But The game vs Washington in the ob was my fav. That is how it's supposed to be a str8 beat down.

Advertisement
Kirby Freeman leading a comeback versus FSU in 2007 might have been the most lulz-worthy moment of my career as a 'Cane fan.

Kicking Arkansas *** in little rock back in the day. Place was so loud...came out with that big *** razorback in a cage, Miami just crushed them. 99yd TD pass was a thing of beauty.

Seeing the Temple Owl get smashed in the face with a beer bottle thrown from a good 20 yards deep and the crowd getting him so upset that he needed to be restrained from trying climb up and fight the crowd.

Pretty sure that was the same game where DJ Williams had a 70 yard fake punt run for a TD.

Have a couple that I witnessed live:

Win last yr over Gt in over time. Talked major **** the whole way out of the stadium
Blocked FG and eventual return by D. Hester at the peach bowl vs the turds...resulted in major **** talking the entire night
Barrow hit on Vanover..I was young but man the OB went wild. thought the stadium was going to fall down
the Savannah stae game in 2013 when we scored 77.....hold up I did not go to that

Advertisement
Easy. 3rd and 43 against ND at the Orange Bowl Thanksgiving weekend in 1989. It was the peak of the hatred and these were far, far and away the two best teams in America.

Erickson first down 44 yard pass
to Thrill Hill, broke their will, and the national championship was in the bag. I was scared for my life. Place was so loud... Craziest I or anyone I knew had ever seen it... I was literally scared the upper deck was going to fall down it was shaking so much. God I miss the OB.

God made ND #1, but Miami made em #2.

I've been to 3 Super Bowls, saw my Giants immaculate reception to beat the Pats with my own eyes at one, was there against UCLA in 98, our Rose bowl NC, wide right I in doak, a no hitter, World Series when the POTUS threw the first pitch after 9/11... But NOTHING... NOTHING I will ever see will touch the glory of that moment. We killed their souls. It was beautiful. And I hate them no less to this day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1zUKJVEw8&desktop_uri=/watch?v=gw1zUKJVEw8

Last edited:
1987 national championship game when Michael Irvin blatantly shoved off Oklahoma's star defensive back Rickey Dixon to create 5 yards of instant separation and grab a decisive touchdown pass on 3rd and 10. Switzer and the entire Sooner bench stormed onto the field to complain but there was no remedy and the Orange Bowl was rocking. For nearly 5 minutes I couldn't hear anything my friend was trying to say. Irvin was prancing all over the place.

It was so critical for Jimmy Johnson to manage a national championship, given the swagger of that era but the failed opportunities of '85 and '86. I always sensed that Jimmy would soon depart for the pros. Miami had a natural edge over Oklahoma in '85 and '86 but the gap had narrowed in '87, with Jerome Brown departed. I was always nervous in that game until Irvin's huge play.

BTW, any greatest moment needs to source from the Orange Bowl, IMO.

Advertisement
I was at the 1991 National Championship game where Miami shutout Nebraska 22-0
I was in the stands for the Flutie Hail Mary pass & heard my grandfather curse for the very first time
I was in the OB for the battle of the Birds the Gamecocks vs. CANES when the fight broke out and USCe cancelled the series
I was at several CANES/Nolies games in the 1980's
CANES & Sooners 1986 with the Bye Bye Bozworth chants

needless to say I had a great CANES childhood growing up in Miami & then my dad moved us to the CANES football **** of Oklahoma in April 1992.

the CANES vs. GT game in Atlanta 2012 (for my birthday) was my first game since 1992 and my wife's first ever CANES game. She is now hooked on going to games and we will be in Tally this year on Nov 2nd. I can't ******* wait to smash the Noles and put them in their rightful place.

I've been to three Overtime wins: the two at Clemson, and last year at GT. Hard to beat coming out on top of those nail-biters.

Advertisement
wide right 1 2 3 some wide lefts. syracuse nite game in 95--revenge. fsu nite game 95. first canes game--91 houston nite game.

This years uF game was my first big game with media credentials and it will be VERY hard to top that entire day.

I was at the Florida - Miami game this year. That McCord play was very exciting. But the most exciting play I have witnessed in person was the Dorsey to McGahee screen pass vs. FSU in 2002. It was hot as **** that day. We were losing 27-14 in the fourth. We scored to make it 27-21 then got the ball back after a defensive stop. Even though Willis did not score, that play was truly electrifying. We scored on that drive then won on one of FSU's myriad missed field goals to lose a game.

[video=youtube;E54uCb7zZBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E54uCb7zZBI[/video]

I was also in the OB for that screen pass. Def a great moment. I think the Dorsey to Shockey TD two years prior was also a sick moment. Of course all the wide rights and lefts in the OB were great live moments

Advertisement
Back