Greatest Live Moment

One of the greatest moments I've watched was that amazing K2 catch in the wvu game

20.gif

Advertisement
I was at the Florida - Miami game this year. That McCord play was very exciting. But the most exciting play I have witnessed in person was the Dorsey to McGahee screen pass vs. FSU in 2002. It was hot as **** that day. We were losing 27-14 in the fourth. We scored to make it 27-21 then got the ball back after a defensive stop. Even though Willis did not score, that play was truly electrifying. We scored on that drive then won on one of FSU's myriad missed field goals to lose a game.

[video=youtube;E54uCb7zZBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E54uCb7zZBI[/video]

not my all time favorite, but that was the loudest I had ever heard the OB for a play (and Ive only missed 3 games game since the 83 season). There were louder games, but I dont ever recall a louder single moment. The whole stadium was as quiet as you could imagine for the second half of that game. So much tension was released as McGahee went streaking down the sideline.

Wide Right III. Talk about ups and downs. Incredible team effort. Chud called an incredible game. The winning drive put Dorsey in legend status. The Washington revenge game at night in the OB was a thing of beauty. What a beat down and the Husky fans really thought they had a chance. I don't know why, had a march to the gallows feel at night in the old girl. What a stadium...

UM-FSU 2000(27-24)......Dorsey to Shockey. The Orange Bowl was electric.

This^^^

Followed by Carlos Jones pick 6 in the '94 FSU game, I swear the upper deck was going to collapse:

[video=youtube_share;0D-0Ix29TI0]http://youtu.be/0D-0Ix29TI0[/video]

Advertisement
I'll second the 1989 ND game. The whole **** game really.

3d and 43 was great, but I feel like I/we were more cheering and laughing on that one. IMO two plays that really got the OB rocking were Dale Dawkins' 50+ yd TD and Tiger Clark's interception.

Got to be the first Cane drive of the 1 NC game. They looked like their shoes were bricks and you just knew Cornhuskers were in for something they had never seen before. That Husker team was supposed to be the greatest of all time, winning games by 60 or 70 points every week. I watch Joe Willie beat the Colts in Super Bowl III, Kosar was the coolest QB I have ever seen.

I watched that Broadway Joe game in the OB, while my dad was out partying I rented a Honda bike took it to the U and decided on the spot to apply. Good decision! PS my dad bet big on the Jets LOL.

Advertisement
Not sure if it was mentioned.....but the Hester returns against Louisville, even though one of them didn't count.

Was at the 2001 Rose Bowl NC game - great game and this hit:[video=youtube;x8aSGYIlVPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x8aSGYIlVPw[/video]

Last edited:
My earliest "great moment" was seeing the Canes hold off ND to win for the first time against the Irish in 1960. I remember before and after that game, there were no bad feelings between Hurricane and Irish fans ( it was a different world in 1960). Neither team was very good that year, but the crowd was still over 58,000. Daryle Lamonica and Nick Buoniconti played for ND that year.

Advertisement
One of the greatest moments I've watched was that amazing K2 catch in the wvu game

20.gif

That is mine also. I have never heard the OB as loud as it was when KII made that catch. It is what made me fall in love with Thursday night games.

McGahee screen pass in 02 is tops, but FIU brawl in 06 was epic, especially when our OL bodyslammed their player. The whole place went "OOOOOOOOOO."

There was just a weird sense in the air that night. You could see the FIU fans were out to be punks, and the WEZ was just a powder keg waiting to go off. Once the fight began on the field, it just broke loose in the stands. Cops came out of nowhere and the place was going insane. This girl behind me and my Dad in the Wez kept yelling "FU FIU, you ain't nothing but sloppy seconds!!!" I immediately started getting bombaded with texts from friends who saw it on highlights.

Wide Right II

Bobby Bowden on the Noles sidelines,

@ the OB, FSU behind 19-16 but trying to kick a tying FG...

the student section, sweaty and tired, cheering as loud as we can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_tXLGYKgkk

Oh god I was an undergrad there too. The JB and SC stickers, half shirts, Keith Jackson, Vanover's death, ripping your helmet off, video calibration...

All that good ****. Memories.

Advertisement
UM-FSU 2000(27-24)......Dorsey to Shockey. The Orange Bowl was electric.

This^^^

Followed by Carlos Jones pick 6 in the '94 FSU game, I swear the upper deck was going to collapse:

[video=youtube_share;0D-0Ix29TI0]http://youtu.be/0D-0Ix29TI0[/video]

This was the loudest I ever heard the OB, some other great moments/games for me:
'98 v UCLA - EJ going off
'02 v FSU - McGahee screen
'03 v UF - amazing comeback
'13 v UF - Golden's first signature win

McGahee screen in '02
Hester kickoff against UF in '03
Moss bubble screen against FSU in '04
UW Game '01 at night. The OB was insane that night.
The beat down of VT in 2005.

We as fans really got spoiled during that run 10 years ago.

I've been going to games since '90. Only games I missed was when I was at FSU for 5 years even though I did see all the games Miami played in Tally. The '07 game with Kirby was an incredible win and felt great but didn't really mean anything. The UCLA game with Edge was an incredible game and I think was the first step to becoming dominant again. I remember it was probably the most shocked and happy I've been after a game. I remember jumping into a dog pile with a bunch of random cause everyone was so ecstatic(and I'm sure drunk). But nothing will ever top the pass from Dorsey to Shockey in '01. The whole game you could feel this was our time to get back to the top and this was the game to prove it. Throughout the game it just felt like we were going to win. Will never forget Dan Morgan laying out one of the FSU players on one of the first plays of the game to send a message. When Shockey caught that pass everything came true and it was incredible

Advertisement
Back