Greatest Live Moment

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5

Sophomore
Premium
As Canes fans we all know there are so many potential moments. I know we got some old timers on here that have seen some amazing things.

I'm fairly young but, I've witnessed some great plays. Sean Taylor's pick 6 in Doak, Wilfork eating Washington in the OB, Hester's kick return against the Turds, Calais Campbell fumble return in Bobby Dodd, and the go ahead TD in lane a couple years back.

Still out of all that I don't know if I've ever been as hyped as when McCord dropped Driskell a few weeks ago. as far as I'm concerned it was one of the best game moments I have ever witnessed.

Advertisement
I was at the Florida - Miami game this year. That McCord play was very exciting. But the most exciting play I have witnessed in person was the Dorsey to McGahee screen pass vs. FSU in 2002. It was hot as **** that day. We were losing 27-14 in the fourth. We scored to make it 27-21 then got the ball back after a defensive stop. Even though Willis did not score, that play was truly electrifying. We scored on that drive then won on one of FSU's myriad missed field goals to lose a game.

[video=youtube;E54uCb7zZBI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E54uCb7zZBI[/video]

Yah, Wide Left is pretty tough to top.

I was at the 01 Sugar Bowl, BC 01, Swamp in 02, and UF game this year, to name a few.

Wide Left was the most hyped I was for any of them.

Advertisement
The entire 2nd half against the Gata in '03. Berlins revenge.

and Hesters return against Duke :

[video=youtube;E3Kbc1UC8FY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Kbc1UC8FY[/video]

i'm a bandwagon cane fan because I really started following Miami football at the height of Jacory/Shannon era. right when he was talking about pink suit to the heisman ceremony and spongebob.

anyway, the greatest live moment was Futch's blindside block.

to this date, i haven't been to a Miami game that had more energy. start of FSU last year was close.

*that GT game was one of my first games as an undergrad and I got super wasted. may have impacted judgement a little bit.

[video=youtube;tggk0tvRhYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tggk0tvRhYI[/video]

Greatest live moment was Mike James's and Eddie Johnson's overtime performance against Tech last year.

Advertisement
Similarly at the OB as a young kid. Rusty Medaris went down and the entire stadium was chanting Rusty... Rusty.. Rusty.. My best friend and I kept asking my Dad where the frosties were. Guessing it was hot as **** that day...
Memories.

Got to be the first Cane drive of the 1 NC game. They looked like their shoes were bricks and you just knew Cornhuskers were in for something they had never seen before. That Husker team was supposed to be the greatest of all time, winning games by 60 or 70 points every week. I watch Joe Willie beat the Colts in Super Bowl III, Kosar was the coolest QB I have ever seen.

Advertisement
Canes-UCLA. 49-45. Ruined their shot at the championship game. Ran on the field afterwards. Took some grass as a memento. Was right next to group of people who picked up Covington on their shoulders and carried him around. Amazing day.

Miami - FSU 2001. Was in the south endzone stands and got to see the Ed Reed punt block and Johnathan Vilma INT TD return right in front of me.

I've seen some wild ones.

At the top, Tremain Mack in Morgantown. I really don't have to say anything about it. I thought I was going to get killed leaving that place.

the miracle in Charlottesville, Jacory, Byrd, Aldarius.

the Kirby's rally in Tally(how the **** did that happen, someone tell me again? lol)

Oddly enough, 2 and 3 both started deep in our own territory with our backs to the walls and Sam Shields coming up with a catch to move the sticks.

Advertisement
Kosars first completion to Stanley Shankespeare and the Calhoun tip.

The greatest live sports moment began and ended that night.

Nothing's ever come close.

3RD and 45
Stubbs and company manhandling Todd Ellis and ***** in 86
That moment when We knew Colorado just lost and it was time to hit bourbon street
When our old sorry asses in the student section saw shockey break free in the middle of defense, and bobby struggling to put on the head sets. Ya knew we were gonna pull that one out

And my gave
Post Cincinnati game I approached Larry after another lousy offense showcase and told him, with the greatest of acrimony and sarcasm "great game larry" and his big doe-eyed glance retort was a hearty THANKS!
Knew trouble was on the horizon at that moment.

Advertisement
Back