Great meeting with Coach in Orlando

MiamiJoe

Sophomore
The event was a sellout and Coach Richt and Katie Meier were great with the fans posing for pictures and signing autographs. I met 2 fans I knew who were Gerogia fans and are now Miami fans because of Mark. Coach Richt answered a lot of questions and the event ran over the scheduled time because of this. The one comment he made that hit me the most was when he said that if a player makes a mistake it is on the coach, Golden always blamed the player. I loved the fact that he realizes they are still kids wheras Golden was quick to throw them under the bus.

When he was asked about calling plays when he hadn't done it in years he said that the defensive sets are still the same so he doesn't anticipate any problems. He also said that if players are caught loafing it will be documented and they will find themselves running, he also said that after every set of downs he wants player hustling off the field. The reception he received was far and away more favorable than any of the coaches whose dinners I have attended the last 20 years.

Advertisement
I was there for that also last night
Great event and very impressed with richt

I was the one that asked the JC Jackson question , which he dodged

Btw. James caught with me afterwards and said we are not recruiting him
I then asked him about Walton

"Mark will be fine" was his response

Did he at least temper that with "not recruiting him at this time" or somesuch?

Blake James chased you down to comment on a football recruit? Sounds legit.

Advertisement
I'm a 46yo adult and I'm lying on a message board because I'm trying to impress some college kids

Yes, you got me pegged franchise

Thanks for sharing. I understood your message to say that you talked with James and he confirmed we're not recruiting JC and Mark will be fine. Don't respond to those silly little posters and they'll find someone else pester.

Blake James chased you down to comment on a football recruit? Sounds legit.

No, it was Blake James's wife who placed her calloused mitts on wrongturn's shoulder, bellowing out "HOLD IT RIGHT THERE" in a deep baritone. wrongturn still has the grip marks to prove it.

Yeah, richt dodged the JC question

After the event , James told me flat out they are not recruiting him , said Mark does not want to recruit him

I asked James about Walton and he said mark (Walton) should be fine

I don't post very often, but just wanted to share that info,

Advertisement
I was there too..great energetic event. When I got my photo w coach, I asked him his thoughts on wearing light colored jerseys during hot home games, as the last regime had us wearing dark. He said he doesn't want us wearing dark during hot home games. Very generous w his time. First class event.

I also was there. When I got my photo with Coach Richt, he joked, "at least you aren't an idiot like that last fan who was asking me about jersey colors." Coach Richt is first class all the way.

So helpful to know that Blake James blabs to random fans about who they recruit and don't recruit.

**** any possible NCAA rules about speaking about specific recruits, Blake James will hunt you down and spill as long as you pay the $25 entrance fee.

I took a picture with Blake's wife where we compared hand size. I won't be posting that one.

Advertisement
Any idea if Jimmy Larranaga missed this one too (if he was even scheduled to be there) due to an illness?

Any idea if Jimmy Larranaga missed this one too (if he was even scheduled to be there) due to an illness?

Don't believe he was scheduled to be there. Do believe the guy asking about JC Jackson was senile. The question about JC Jackson was immediately followed with a question about morality of football players from a Colonel Sanders looking fellow I'm told.

Advertisement

After the event , James told me flat out they are not recruiting him , said Mark does not want to recruit him

Richt did not dodge the JC Jackson question. You bombarded him with a 3 part question and he couldn't keep track of it all. It was Joe Zagacki that left him answering the first part and moved on to a different person with a question.

Also, why are you not impressed with Corn Elder? The guy is amazing.

Last edited:

Richt did not dodge the JC Jackson question. You bombarded him with a 3 part question and he couldn't keep track of it all. It was Joe Zagacki that left him answering the first part and moved on to a different person with a question.

Also, why are you not impressed with Corn Elder? The guy is amazing.

I heard that part of question and wondered if asker was drunk because Mark has never said anything negative about Corn and the question implied that. I think after confrontational fan in Dania he deftly sidestepped questions like that. A great night that needs no tarnishing.

Advertisement
Back