Graduate Transfers and JuCos

We need OL.
If both Corn and Artie leave, we need CBs.

Was looking through Georgia's roster for either. Don't see many candidates. John Theus is an OT/senior, but a draft prospect. Same with LB Jordan Jenkins.
If we can't get St. Louis to take the next step, we may have to trot out a legion of OGuards out there again. Are there any specific JuCo recruits we can snag?

OL depth:

St Louis/Mcdermott
Mcdermott/Gauthier
Linder/Knighton
Isidora/Gall
Darling/Odogwu

CB depth:

yikes

We'll get to see if another key issue holding us back has changed. Admissions.

For the 493rd time, IF STANFORD CAN GET KIDS IN WE CAN GET KIDS IN. We aren't being held back by observing the same standard that everybody else is. Maybe we pass on a kid now and then if we don't think he can handle school, but if we didn't you'd b**ch when he failed out.

You are an idiot.

First. The University of Miami is not Stanford in any way shape or form.

2nd Stanford doesn't take JUCOs. Stanford recruits the best student/athletes in the country. Top academic performers so they don't have to squeeze anyone in academically

3rd Where the f8ck have you been this past decade. We've lost a number of recruits/JUCOs because of nonsense like a class here or there and admission taking their sweet time to review some of these kids.

Finally, we used to make exceptions here or there for guys like Frank Gore because they were elite. Without doing that for supertalented guys of the Dalvin Cook Dalvin Cook mold this team will never win a championship again.

Advertisement
^We really haven't missed out on that many guys from academics. If we lose a guy from grades they don't go to another legit program. Meanwhile we basically got AQM because he wouldn't have qualified at Notre Dame.

We need OL.

Was looking through Georgia's roster for either. Don't see many candidates. John Theus is an OT/senior, but a draft prospect. Same with LB Jordan Jenkins.
If we can't get St. Louis to take the next step, we may have to trot out a legion of OGuards out there again. Are there any specific JuCo recruits we can snag?

OL depth:

St Louis/Mcdermott
Mcdermott/Gauthier
Linder/Knighton
Isidora/Gall
Darling/Odogwu

CB depth:

yikes

For the 493rd time, IF STANFORD CAN GET KIDS IN WE CAN GET KIDS IN. We aren't being held back by observing the same standard that everybody else is. Maybe we pass on a kid now and then if we don't think he can handle school, but if we didn't you'd b**ch when he failed out.

You are an idiot.

2nd Stanford doesn't take JUCOs. Stanford recruits the best student/athletes in the country. Top academic performers so they don't have to squeeze anyone in academically

3rd Where the f8ck have you been this past decade. We've lost a number of recruits/JUCOs because of nonsense like a class here or there and admission taking their sweet time to review some of these kids.

Finally, we used to make exceptions here or there for guys like Frank Gore because they were elite. Without doing that for supertalented guys of the Dalvin Cook Dalvin Cook mold this team will never win a championship again.

An idiot? Nice.

You're right, we aren't Stanford, that's why this admissions thing is bunk. They do better than we do in recruiting, and don't tell me they somehow field a team composed totally of 4 and 5* future doctors.

We use the same standard that everybody else does- what the NCAA mandates. We pass on a kid here and there because we don't think he can hack it, but we don't refuse kids that any but the lowest of the low would take. And how many guys have we sent to JUCO rather than tell them no?

Name a kid who we didn't take for academic reasons that was a mistake. I dare you to say Powell. That's the only time I recall anyone claiming it was the fault of admissions, and lets be real. That kid wanted to go to UF and jumped when they came calling. People can't handle the fact that a lot of talented kids didn't want to come to Miami so they blame it on our lofty standards.

And why mention Cook? Kid had no intention of playing for Miami.

We need OL.

OL depth:

St Louis/Mcdermott
Mcdermott/Gauthier
Linder/Knighton
Isidora/Gall
Darling/Odogwu

CB depth:

yikes

You are an idiot.

Tyre Brady couldn't play HS his junior yr because of grades, Gray didn't get many offers because his grades, Coley was taking summer classes to qualify, Gabe Terry was another kid with bad grades and there is a couple others I am forgetting

Advertisement
Lu, Agree on DBs. OL doesn't seem quite so bad to me. ... Why aren't you more worried about the LBs?

Homestly, I would rather just play freshmen.

I think we will be better on the line than people think. This was a young group and they all come back. Continuity is important. The line that finished the year (Darling, McDermott, Linder, Odogwu) should have started the year.

None of those guys can play LT effectively enough.

Darling was passable this year. Hopefully, St. Louis is ready to step up. It's hard to land an LT from JUCO. There have been some great ones like Walter Jones and Bryant McKinnie but those are rare.

We're probably never going to fully agree on this. Darling is doing his best and would probably be slightly better at RT, but I think his optimal position is Guard. I agree he can defend himself at Tackle in college. But, it's time to move passed that standard. Richt should be competing for 10 or 11 wins next year. A lot of the close games (against equally talented or better teams) are going to come down to our OL.

I also agree continuity will help us be better than this year. That, too, is a really low standard. If not for Kaaya processing information at the rate of an NFL vet QB, he'd have been sacked a record amount of times.

Don't get me wrong-- Darling is not a true LT. But he wasn't a turnstile, either.

I just don't see him at guard because of his body type. Length is a big part of his game. He has played much better at tackle than at guard in his UM career.

My dream lineup for next year is St. Louis/Kc/Linder/Isidora/Darling with Odogwu as the swing.

Advertisement
Actually your wrong. Everybody else uses a sliding scale. Stanford may not, but we do lose a lot of kids to grades because they know they can't get in. Especially to the West Virginia and Louisvilles! We do not use the sliding scale hence its harder to get in!

We need OL.

OL depth:

St Louis/Mcdermott
Mcdermott/Gauthier
Linder/Knighton
Isidora/Gall
Darling/Odogwu

CB depth:

yikes

Golden truly had no clue

Understatement

Its going to take Richt 2 yrs to get us back to respectability. New systems will take time to implement and holes have to be filled.

Actually your wrong. Everybody else uses a sliding scale. Stanford may not, but we do lose a lot of kids to grades because they know they can't get in. Especially to the West Virginia and Louisvilles! We do not use the sliding scale hence its harder to get in!

Ok, but do we care? If we lose a kid to fsu, uf or another good team/team we have to play that's bad news. If we don't take a kid because we don't think he can succeed academically at UM and he goes to marshal, so what? I still maintain that we don't pass on kids for academic reasons often enough to matter.

Advertisement
Its going to take Richt 2 yrs to get us back to respectability. New systems will take time to implement and holes have to be filled.

We beat everyone on schedule next year but maybe ND.

Offensive line improves at all then we will be really scary with Brad being coached up by richt and having gus the fastest and biggest back healthy will be a huge help on o

The new d will be so simple compared to the 100 page d playbill we've currently been using that would confuse NFL players.

Darling's foot quickness is Guard or RT quality. He was serviceable at LT but it would be better if someone more athletic took over that spot.

Darling at RT with Mcdermott and Isidora at Guard is ideal. let Sonny backup RT, St. Louis/ Milo hopefully steps up at LT (or a JUCO), Linder at Center and I'm comfortable with that line. Add Gus coming back, and extra year of weight gain for Walton and Yearby and the run game should be much improved.

I might be more worried at WR especially if Coley leaves. No proven WR comes back and definitely no game breakers.

I'm really excited about the TE position. I think Njoku can be the best TE in the ACC next year. add Herndon who shows some flashes and Dobard who is solid if not spectacular and we have a nice mix at that spot

Advertisement
Homestly, I would rather just play freshmen.

I think we will be better on the line than people think. This was a young group and they all come back. Continuity is important. The line that finished the year (Darling, McDermott, Linder, Odogwu) should have started the year.

THIS. Once Al was gone, we just put our best guys out there and went with it. Do you know if Richt likes to hyper substitute his O linemen the way Golden did?

There will be 15 scholarship offensive lineman on the roster in the spring. I'm sure they will find at least 1 that can play LT

Advertisement
Back