Graduate Transfers and JuCos

All this grade talk, please name some recruits we missed on and say where they went. Surely a list of five shouldn't be hard to come up with, so get to it. This should be interesting as grades aren't public knowledge and never have been.

As for Elder and AQM, both will be back. Elder would be lucky to go in the first five rounds and AQM would be lucky to get drafted.

Advertisement
Darling was passable this year. Hopefully, St. Louis is ready to step up. It's hard to land an LT from JUCO. There have been some great ones like Walter Jones and Bryant McKinnie but those are rare.

Phil Loadholt.

Grace might not get drafted and and this year is deep with cb. Word is that artie wouldn't be picked until the 3rd rounds so where would that leave corn. Ijs

Homestly, I would rather just play freshmen.

I think we will be better on the line than people think. This was a young group and they all come back. Continuity is important. The line that finished the year (Darling, McDermott, Linder, Odogwu) should have started the year.

How has Milo looked this year on the scout team? I know he took a redshirt year to put weight on the right way, hopefully he can contribute.

I'm more worried about CB than O-line. They weren't very good this year, but they were also very young, and everybody is back on the line. We are scary thin at CB even if Corn comes back. With him the 2nd and nickel CBs will have probably less than 60 snaps of experience between them. Clearly need a transfer or some JUCO help. And true freshmen to step up.

Advertisement
Redwine actually looked really promising and probably has much more than 60 snaps himself. He'd be a fine 2nd CB next year. Then the 3rd corner would be a mass competition between jackson/mayes/byrd/and other true freshman. Someone would emerge from that group.

We're in bad shape if Corn leaves though.

We just got one of the highest rated OL out of juco last year in jahair jones and he never saw the field. Not as much juco talent ready to play as you think. I think our OL will be fine. Everyone is returning 13 deep. With the ones that RS their will be more competition and depth.

We need OL.
If both Corn and Artie leave, we need CBs.

Was looking through Georgia's roster for either. Don't see many candidates. John Theus is an OT/senior, but a draft prospect. Same with LB Jordan Jenkins.
If we can't get St. Louis to take the next step, we may have to trot out a legion of OGuards out there again. Are there any specific JuCo recruits we can snag?

OL depth:

St Louis/Mcdermott
Mcdermott/Gauthier
Linder/Knighton
Isidora/Gall
Darling/Odogwu

CB depth:

yikes

Lu, come on man. That's not fair. There are hardly any decent DB's in our recruiting base. Golden did the best he can.

Advertisement
We need OL.
If both Corn and Artie leave, we need CBs.

Was looking through Georgia's roster for either. Don't see many candidates. John Theus is an OT/senior, but a draft prospect. Same with LB Jordan Jenkins.
If we can't get St. Louis to take the next step, we may have to trot out a legion of OGuards out there again. Are there any specific JuCo recruits we can snag?

OL depth:

St Louis/Mcdermott
Mcdermott/Gauthier
Linder/Knighton
Isidora/Gall
Darling/Odogwu

CB depth:

yikes

Lu, come on man. That's not fair. There are hardly any decent DB's in our recruiting base. Golden did the best he can.

For a staff that came here and had to accept a graduate transfer from Wake f'in Forest (and started him all 12 games!) so they could field enough Corners, I really don't know how we ended up here again.

[]_[] swag;2410041 said:
Redwine actually looked really promising and probably has much more than 60 snaps himself. He'd be a fine 2nd CB next year. Then the 3rd corner would be a mass competition between jackson/mayes/byrd/and other true freshman. Someone would emerge from that group.

We're in bad shape if Corn leaves though.

Totally agree. We need another corner to step up, but really liked what I saw from Redwine. Think he can be a future NFL player.

Darling's foot quickness is Guard or RT quality. He was serviceable at LT but it would be better if someone more athletic took over that spot.

Darling at RT with Mcdermott and Isidora at Guard is ideal. let Sonny backup RT, St. Louis/ Milo hopefully steps up at LT (or a JUCO), Linder at Center and I'm comfortable with that line. Add Gus coming back, and extra year of weight gain for Walton and Yearby and the run game should be much improved.

I might be more worried at WR especially if Coley leaves. No proven WR comes back and definitely no game breakers.

I'm really excited about the TE position. I think Njoku can be the best TE in the ACC next year. add Herndon who shows some flashes and Dobard who is solid if not spectacular and we have a nice mix at that spot

Please no more weight gain for Yearby, he has already lost a lot of that quickness he showed as a freshman

Advertisement
A better OL Coach and S&C Coach with a revamped strength program will help the Oline tremendously. Hopefully Richt finally pulls the trigger.

All this grade talk, please name some recruits we missed on and say where they went. Surely a list of five shouldn't be hard to come up with, so get to it. This should be interesting as grades aren't public knowledge and never have been.

As for Elder and AQM, both will be back. Elder would be lucky to go in the first five rounds and AQM would be lucky to get drafted.
Nobody at UM is going to tell you who we had to pass on. They will never tell you. And, the kids who can't get in aren't going to hold up their hands and say they couldn't qualify at UM. They just quietly go somewhere else. Miami does not use the sliding scale. That matters. With the sliding scale a kid with a low standardized test score can compensate with a GPA that may be inflated by "helpful" teachers. At UM, if that score is too low, he isn't getting in.

So, you may hear talk about a kid not qualifying, but there will never be an official word. According to stats from the NCAA, it's apparent that a lot of kids are marginal academically. I believe we lose more than might be obvious.

Bringing this back up because I am really concerned about our OL situation. What can be a double digit team next year will depend on keeping Kaaya safe via a serviceable LT. While Darling did his very best out there, I think his optimal position is Guard - maybe RT in college.

As I said in another thread, that would leave us with 2 Right Tackles (Darling and Odogwu) and a bunch of Guards. Everyone, including me, has talked about their hopes for St. Louis. Did he play yesterday? It's a bit scary that he hasn't gotten *any* significant burn.

A previous point (I think from D$) about JuCo tackles being very hit or miss makes it an even more tenuous situation. I suppose my remaining hope is that coaching and scheme changes can bring us up to at least a decent enough level. Otherwise, Golden's misses at OL will echo throughout 2016.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bringing this back up because I am really concerned about our OL situation. What can be a double digit team next year will depend on keeping Kaaya safe via a serviceable LT. While Darling did his very best out there, I think his optimal position is Guard - maybe RT in college.

As I said in another thread, that would leave us with 2 Right Tackles (Darling and Odogwu) and a bunch of Guards. Everyone, including me, has talked about their hopes for St. Louis. Did he play yesterday? It's a bit scary that he hasn't gotten *any* significant burn.

A previous point (I think from D$) about JuCo tackles being very hit or miss makes it an even more tenuous situation. I suppose my remaining hope is that coaching and scheme changes can bring us up to at least a decent enough level. Otherwise, Golden's misses at OL will echo throughout 2016.

Haven't all of the top JUCO players signed already?

Not sure. I don't really follow JuCo or potential Graduate transfers. I looked around for potential 5th year guys who could serve as a LT in a pinch, but found nothing.

Not sure. I don't really follow JuCo or potential Graduate transfers. I looked around for potential 5th year guys who could serve as a LT in a pinch, but found nothing.

I'm pretty sure the JUCO signing day has come and passed

EDIT: looks like not everybody has signed yet

JUCO Signing Day National Primer

No. 2 Won’t Sign As Well

It’s looking like a three-school race for the nation’s No. 2 JUCO prospect according to the 247Sports Composite in offensive tackle Garett Bolles.

Arkansas, Michigan State and Georgia are all battling for the top-ranked offensive tackle from Snow College.

The Razorbacks may be in the driver’s seat following an official visit the weekend of Nov. 27 but no question the 247Sports Crystal Ball leader Michigan State is very much in play. He was in East Lansing the weekend of Nov. 14, but is expected to return with his new wife sometime before deciding. Bolles’s wife was able to join him on the trip to Arkansas. An official to Georgia is scheduled for Jan. 22.

maybe we can make a play on him, he had Georgia in his top 3

2016 Top Football Recruits

Advertisement
Back