Grade This Class

GS I meant a grade casualty for our class.

Also, that was simply my opinion at the time - things change of course and I was probably wrong - just pointing out that I haven't had hope for TV being in our class since before Xmas, so for me his departure didn't sting quite as much.

Advertisement
Yeah I think there are positions that we KILLED it at. Namely QB, DE, and OL, but we still dropped the ball hard on CB and DT. I say solid B+ or A-.

STOP using the NCAA as a **** excuse. ****ING annoying.

x1000. When the NCAA came down and the sanctions were nominal there wasn't a flood of kids trying to get in the class because the cloud lifted. If it was affecting kids decision making we would have seen kids commit that were on the fence because of the looming NCAA issue. Didn't happen.

B
Missed out on too many local playmakers.
Didnt not properly address the S and DT situations, although we didnt strike out.......

Did land a potential franchise QB, best DE in the state in the last couple of years, and for once the JAG meter is almost on empty. Really like the lower rated kids as a whole, solid 3 star kids that dont look like 3 stars we got in the past.

Same reasoning, but I'd give it a B+. Could have been an A++ with so many elite guys down here this year, and given our needs.

Advertisement
Totally understood ghost.

I asked it more rhetorically. Miami shouldn't have standards that prevent NCAA qualifiers from being signed. But we do, and then the sheep tell us Shalala loves football.

I guess the other rhetorical question here is - "of the late-push guys we didn't get, who would have helped us most given our roster needs?"

For me, it's JC Jackson and that's about it.

Edit: And Powell. That hurt, simply because I feel we need a 2nd RB in this class. Though I don't think we're done there, and Powell was more of a "OW" (Offensive Weapon) than a true RB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Average which is a failure.

UF raped us and they lost 8 games.

A top 10-12 class out of 119 schools in the nation is "average"? Especially after being irrelevant for 10 years, and just coming off one of the biggest NCAA scandals (overblown as it may have ultimately been) that lingered for 3 years.

B+/ maybe an A-

We filled important needs, got some real elite ballers at almost every position. Kaaya is a beast. Yearby is a beast. Major haul of guys at DL, including Thomas who is a beast. Darrion Owens is a beast. Barrios is a beast. Brady has as much upside as any WR in the country. McDermott is a monster, so is Darling. Hester is a killer at S.

This is a very good class. Could have been a little better and been "excellent", but still very good.

B
Missed out on too many local playmakers.
Didnt not properly address the S and DT situations, although we didnt strike out.......

Did land a potential franchise QB, best DE in the state in the last couple of years, and for once the JAG meter is almost on empty. Really like the lower rated kids as a whole, solid 3 star kids that dont look like 3 stars we got in the past.

How did we not properly address the S situation? We go Kiy Hester, a 4-star hard-hitting safety, Gayot, a quality 3-star safety, and some other tweeners who can play safety or LB.

Advertisement
A-
We hit on every position we needed. Maybe not the star names at those positions but we definitely got our fair share of big time players

Being top 10 is nonsense. Especially this year and most especially when your rivals are ahead of you (and most especially when one of them finished 4-8). This class should have been number one by a long shot. Its tough to grade RB at anything less than an A when you get a guy like Yearby, but we whiffed on 2 five star backs in our back yard and even our plan C went to our rivals at the 11th hr.

WR? Another disappointment. We had a 5 star committed (coached by a UM alum mind you) and couldn't hold on and another 5 star from our own back yard, whose friggin uncle is on the coaching staff and we couldn't close. Both end up at rival schools. Another high 4* visits your campus 100 times and goes to Ohio. ****, we had to go to NC to get our highest rated WR. Is this the University of Montana or University of Miami? McKenzie to UGA....c'mon man.

Nothing at TE. We lose an important OL recruit to Stanford, again at the 11th hr. DT what can I say? Position of need, most importation position in Golden's defense and he wiffs on a guy that had season tickets. He wiffs on the #1 DT in Florida after having him committed for several months. Disappointing.

Couldn't close on a CB from Immokalee....Immokalee man. smfh. We take a 2 star QB from Bama and don't recruit one of the most important players in SoFla until 2 weeks before NSD.

This class was a fkin slam dunk and we blew it.

C+

Advertisement
Really what it boils down to is the fear that an A/B class will be developed into a C/D team by this staff.

Being top 10 is nonsense. Especially this year and most especially when your rivals are ahead of you (and most especially when one of them finished 4-8). This class should have been number one by a long shot. Its tough to grade RB at anything less than an A when you get a guy like Yearby, but we whiffed on 2 five star backs in our back yard and even our plan C went to our rivals at the 11th hr.

WR? Another disappointment. We had a 5 star committed (coached by a UM alum mind you) and couldn't hold on and another 5 star from our own back yard, whose friggin uncle is on the coaching staff and we couldn't close. Both end up at rival schools. Another high 4* visits your campus 100 times and goes to Ohio. ****, we had to go to NC to get our highest rated WR. Is this the University of Montana or University of Miami? McKenzie to UGA....c'mon man.

Nothing at TE. We lose an important OL recruit to Stanford, again at the 11th hr. DT what can I say? Position of need, most importation position in Golden's defense and he wiffs on a guy that had season tickets. He wiffs on the #1 DT in Florida after having him committed for several months. Disappointing.

Couldn't close on a CB from Immokalee....Immokalee man. smfh. We take a 2 star QB from Bama and don't recruit one of the most important players in SoFla until 2 weeks before NSD.

C+

No offense, but the thought that this school with this last -10 year history should have been a slam dunk #1 (and I realize the available talent) is delusional and actually not even fair, and I'm one not thrilled with things of late. Some degree of rationality helps make a legit argument, thus you fail.

C+

Nothing at TE? Given your commentary, how do you justify giving the class a C+?

Advertisement
Back