Grade This Class

B+ Absolutely cannot wait to see Chad Thomas, Joe Yearby, Brad Kaaya, KC, Darling, Moten, Hester, Owens and Braxton play in a Miami uniform next year however I do think we failed to add the final pieces that would have helped for depth/competition purposes.

The upside for me is that I think this class adds more talent by far > Than the senior class that just graduated from Miami. With that said, I need to see some major improvement from the coaching staff next yr.

Advertisement
Most other years I'd say B. This year -- the year everyone has been waiting three-plus years for once everyone realized how loaded the 2014 class was going to be -- what was missed from right in our own back yard...I say a good C.

You may be happy but you can't be fully satisfied only getting a thousand bucks when a million is up for grabs and it's all within arms reach compared to anyone else.

Everyone keeps looking simply at what we got using we can't win them all excuse. I look at what we missed and wonder why we can't at least win some...because it doesn't seem like we are winning any big recruiting wars (outside the Coley surprise last year).

Aren't winning ANY recruiting wars? Or aren't winning any NSD recruiting wars?

Any major recruiting wars. Not saying all.

Or worse, we just don't even try going after a lot of them.

I can name countless players that have turned away from us compared to players who have turned towards us.

Last edited:
Being top 10 is nonsense. Especially this year and most especially when your rivals are ahead of you (and most especially when one of them finished 4-8). This class should have been number one by a long shot. Its tough to grade RB at anything less than an A when you get a guy like Yearby, but we whiffed on 2 five star backs in our back yard and even our plan C went to our rivals at the 11th hr.

WR? Another disappointment. We had a 5 star committed (coached by a UM alum mind you) and couldn't hold on and another 5 star from our own back yard, whose friggin uncle is on the coaching staff and we couldn't close. Both end up at rival schools. Another high 4* visits your campus 100 times and goes to Ohio. ****, we had to go to NC to get our highest rated WR. Is this the University of Montana or University of Miami? McKenzie to UGA....c'mon man.

Nothing at TE. We lose an important OL recruit to Stanford, again at the 11th hr. DT what can I say? Position of need, most importation position in Golden's defense and he wiffs on a guy that had season tickets. He wiffs on the #1 DT in Florida after having him committed for several months. Disappointing.

Couldn't close on a CB from Immokalee....Immokalee man. smfh. We take a 2 star QB from Bama and don't recruit one of the most important players in SoFla until 2 weeks before NSD.

This class was a fkin slam dunk and we blew it.

C+

No offense, but the thought that this school with this last -10 year history should have been a slam dunk #1 (and I realize the available talent) is delusional and actually not even fair, and I'm one not thrilled with things of late. Some degree of rationality helps make a legit argument, thus you fail.

Expecting our staff to pick up a WR from Homestead who has FAMILY on the coaching staff is delusional?
Expecting the staff to close on a RB whose been recruited and a Miami lean since the 8th grade is delusional?
Expecting the staff to close on a player at a huge position of need who has had season tickets to watch your team play is delusional?
Expecting to hold on to a WR coached by one your school's alums is delusional?
Expecting the staff to offer one of the best play makers in the state is delusional? Expecting them to even recruit him is delusional?
Expecting the staff to not botch the recruitment of one of the most important players in SoFla is delusional?
Expecting the coaching staff to not have to go to NC to get a WR worth a **** is delusional?
Expecting the coaching staff to close on a guy who has been on campus 100 times is delusional?
Expecting the coaching staff to not lose a playmaker at a position of need to a rival school a day before he is to EE is delusional?

F* lowering the bar. You just have NO expectations anymore

Last edited:
B+... we have 4 DTs coming in.. of course it would have been nice to add TV... but still solid and hopefully 2 of them will contribute right away. Could have been a stellar class with those late additions.. but I wouldn't complain.

Advertisement
Being top 10 is nonsense. Especially this year and most especially when your rivals are ahead of you (and most especially when one of them finished 4-8). This class should have been number one by a long shot. Its tough to grade RB at anything less than an A when you get a guy like Yearby, but we whiffed on 2 five star backs in our back yard and even our plan C went to our rivals at the 11th hr.

WR? Another disappointment. We had a 5 star committed (coached by a UM alum mind you) and couldn't hold on and another 5 star from our own back yard, whose friggin uncle is on the coaching staff and we couldn't close. Both end up at rival schools. Another high 4* visits your campus 100 times and goes to Ohio. ****, we had to go to NC to get our highest rated WR. Is this the University of Montana or University of Miami? McKenzie to UGA....c'mon man.

Nothing at TE. We lose an important OL recruit to Stanford, again at the 11th hr. DT what can I say? Position of need, most importation position in Golden's defense and he wiffs on a guy that had season tickets. He wiffs on the #1 DT in Florida after having him committed for several months. Disappointing.

Couldn't close on a CB from Immokalee....Immokalee man. smfh. We take a 2 star QB from Bama and don't recruit one of the most important players in SoFla until 2 weeks before NSD.

C+

No offense, but the thought that this school with this last -10 year history should have been a slam dunk #1 (and I realize the available talent) is delusional and actually not even fair, and I'm one not thrilled with things of late. Some degree of rationality helps make a legit argument, thus you fail.

Expecting our staff to pick up a WR from Homestead who has FAMILY on the coaching staff is delusional?
Expecting the staff to close on a RB whose been recruited and a Miami lean since the 8th grade is delusional?
Expecting the staff to close on a player at a huge position of need who has had season tickets to watch your team play is delusional?
Expecting the staff to offer one of the best play makers in the state is delusional? Expecting them to even recruit him is delusional?
Expecting the staff to not botch the recruitment of one of the most important players in SoFla is delusional?
Expecting the coaching staff to not half to go to NC to get a WR worth a **** is delusional?
Expecting the coaching staff to close on a guy who has been on campus 100 times is delusional?
Expecting the coaching staff to not lose a playmaker at a position of need to a rival school a day before he is to EE is delusional?

In aggregate yes you are delusional. Just for writing all that you proved it. My expectations are high. As opposed to you just being high with the expectation that we should've had the number one class with the current record and yes the sanctions that were previously hanging over

Most other years I'd say B. This year -- the year everyone has been waiting three-plus years for once everyone realized how loaded the 2014 class was going to be -- what was missed from right in our own back yard...I say a good C.

You may be happy but you can't be fully satisfied only getting a thousand bucks when a million is up for grabs and it's all within arms reach compared to anyone else.

Everyone keeps looking simply at what we got using we can't win them all excuse. I look at what we missed and wonder why we can't at least win some...because it doesn't seem like we are winning any big recruiting wars (outside the Coley surprise last year).

Aren't winning ANY recruiting wars? Or aren't winning any NSD recruiting wars?

Any major recruiting wars. Not saying all.

Or worse, we just don't even try going after a lot of them.

I can name countless players that have turned away from us compared to players who have turned towards us.

How do you define a major recruiting war though? Chad Thomas? Yearby? Hester? Kaaya? I mean, I understand that guys like Kc were coming, and there was no real battle to get them, but I don't think you can say that about Thomas and the others. Anyway, if you look at the number of offers handed out to elite talents, I would argue that every program has more players turning away than turning toward.

Advertisement

C+

Expecting the coaching staff to not half to go to NC to get a WR worth a **** is delusional?

In aggregate yes you are delusional. Just for writing all that you proved it. My expectations are high. As opposed do you just being high with the expectation that we should've had the number one class with the current record and yes the sanctions that were previously hanging over

LOL. With our current record? UF just cleaned up and they went 4-8 and lost to an FCS team. Sweetheart, when the cloud was hanging over us we were 7-0 and had a top 5 class. What happened?

This is pretty much spot on.

I would have to say that ranking the class overall I would have given it a B. It should have been an A+.

We supposedly have one of the best recruiters in the country and brought in FSUs recruiting lead, Put the NCAA issues behind us and had plenty of real chances for immediate playing time and are located smack dab in the middle of the number one area of the world for high school football players. Because of that I am dissapointed in the class not bringing in more elite stars, but I am going to root for the kids coming in like it was the 2001 team all over again.

C+

Expecting the coaching staff to not have to go to NC to get a WR worth a **** is delusional?

Advertisement
High B to B+. When I was in school, this was a solid '88' out of '100.'

A-
Got strong up the middle on D. Got pass rush. Got another top QB. Top Oline quality. Top RB.

Would have big A with TV, BUT if losing TV forces change to 4-3 then this class is A++, because the DTs and DEs we got will kill in a 4-3.

Advertisement
A-, we got the QB we needed, some very talented WR's, big time OL and a very soldi overall class. But it's the "difference maker" at QB that makes it an A-vs B+.

A+

Golden had to deal with the cloud, Genron, SEC teams paying our recruits and still got us a top 5 class.

Golden is the Don. Praise Golden.

B+

A- with a shutdown corner

A with a shutdown corner and killer ILB

A+ with a shutdown corner, killer ILB and killer DT

Advertisement
Back