Grade This Class

Advertisement
In and of itself, A-

in the context of what it could have been based on what was available, B--

in terms of finishing strong like winners do? An epic F.

Advertisement
Overall B.

A at QB, OL, DE and LB.

B at RB, WR and LB....needed a 2nd RB.

C at DT......not enough

F at CB

Advertisement
B+ ~ Tough Pill to sallow these last few weeks def., but all in all we got some difference makers added to the roster today.
The real question is are we gonna be able to put them in a position to make a difference consistently. The jury is still out.

GO CANES.

Advertisement
how the **** do you know what the grade is until they've been here for a few years?

perhaps we should grade the expectation?

Advertisement
A-, same as it was a month ago.

- Best QB in Cali - most important recruit in the last 5 years, IMO
- Consensus top 3 RB in Florida
- 5* mega-DE
- Top-3 DT in Florida
- Best pure OL recruit in a decade (IMO)
- Upgraded and basically overhauled biggest weakness on the team (pass-rush)
- Immediate plug-and-play QUALITY JUCO DTs (not senior cast-offs) plus two more DTs to grow on (Moten, Jenkins)
- Instant upgrade to safety position
- Depth at WR and LB

See my "two-year haul" bump below - I would have liked another pure RB and CB - but the roster upgrade from 2013 to 2014 seems palpable. I'll post a side-by-side 2013 and 2014 two-deep later today if I can.

B
Missed out on too many local playmakers.
Didnt not properly address the S and DT situations, although we didnt strike out.......

Did land a potential franchise QB, best DE in the state in the last couple of years, and for once the JAG meter is almost on empty. Really like the lower rated kids as a whole, solid 3 star kids that dont look like 3 stars we got in the past.

looking only at the class and not the situation and potential around it , I give it a B. But, it would have difficult to get anything lower than that with the dearth of talent at our disposal. Looking at what transpired , what we had around us in our backyard, and what any other coach could have done with the talent within a one hour radius from our campus, I think staff gets a C-.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back