Grade This Class

Advertisement
looking only at the class and not the situation and potential around it , I give it a B. But, it would have difficult to get anything lower than that with the dearth of talent at our disposal. Looking at what transpired , what we had around us in our backyard, and what any other coach could have done with the talent within a one radius from our campus, I think staff gets a C-.

Post less.

FWIW we may be done today, but I don't think we're done with this class.

looking only at the class and not the situation and potential around it , I give it a B. But, it would have difficult to get anything lower than that with the dearth of talent at our disposal. Looking at what transpired , what we had around us in our backyard, and what any other coach could have done with the talent within a one radius from our campus, I think staff gets a C-.

there are no high schools within a one mile radius of UM that I know, except maybe coral gables high.

Advertisement
B

-Got who I think will bring the program officially back with proper coaching in Kaaya.
-RB in the mold of Duke
-Several LB/DE commits that we need.
-OL class is beast but lost Gibbons.
-Losing Lane, Cook, Dixon, Valentine, Michel, and Rudolph especially with 3 of them going to FSU was a complete fail considering all 6 were once Miami leans.

6_1066152.JPG

Advertisement
In a vacuum - B+. Our roster is getting better, for sure, and there are some difference makers along with solid prospects.
In the context of the class South Florida had and all the kids who went elsewhere - C. Not good enough.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A+ Top 10 Class and just wait til some of these unheralded guys develop i.e. Tyre Brady will be a 1st Round draft pick at WR

A-, same as it was a month ago.

- Best QB in Cali - most important recruit in the last 5 years, IMO
- Consensus top 3 RB in Florida
- 5* mega-DE
- Top-3 DT in Florida
- Best pure OL recruit in a decade (IMO)
- Upgraded and basically overhauled biggest weakness on the team (pass-rush)
- Immediate plug-and-play QUALITY JUCO DTs (not senior cast-offs) plus two more DTs to grow on (Moten, Jenkins)
- Instant upgrade to safety position
- Depth at WR and LB

See my "two-year haul" bump below - I would have liked another pure RB and CB - but the roster upgrade from 2013 to 2014 seems palpable. I'll post a side-by-side 2013 and 2014 two-deep later today if I can.

We had TV a month ago. Losing a difference maker like him is huge. C+/B- at best with the talent we missed out on. When you have a staff of recruiters and no super star X and O's corch then this is a fail. If we had some evidence of player development I would feel better as well.

It is what it is...

Advertisement
Back