Grade This Class

Advertisement
Failed at DT. Again

F-

Your opinion is an F-

Jenkins, Moten, Heurtelou and Wynche is a very good class with some monster pass rushers to put beside them! Don't try those kids like that. Valentine would have made this an A class

Solid B. Needed Valentine and another RB in this class. Can't believe UM is gonna go into a season with 4 scholarship backs.

Advertisement
B-

lost several studs at DT, RB, CB, and safety

Yearby is good but broke his ankle. Not a good start. And being thin at RB is tough.

QB (A)
RB (A-) (Would had been nice to grab another back... hopefully Gray qualifies, gets a shot there)
WR (B+) (Lots of potential there)
OL- (A-)
DL (A-) Minus TV, we still have a very good D line class
LB- (B+) Tons of potential here
Corner (D) Jury is out on Mayes....
Safety (B)

Fail when you sign 4 and one is one of the Top DTs in the country? If I had to put my money down I would say Moten will have a better career than VT. Definitely has his head screwed on better. We needed both so I would say B-. Dont get me wrong we need As to get back to playing like the U.

Now corner back is a D but no way is DT an F, not even if your on crack, no way.

QB A
RB B- (big need top recruit is hurt)
TE B-
WR C+ (This is Miami)
OL A- (lost one at the end)

DE A+
DT B+ need one more elite
LB C+ needed an absolute game changer in Yeargrin
CB D big miss
S B+

Failed at DT. Again

F-

Last edited:
B-, I'm happy with a lot of the talent that we brought in. I love Kaaya, Yearby, Berrios, McDermott, Darling, the DL, Smith, Owens, Young, and Hester.

We had some major question marks in this class.
QB-(A-)We better have a stud in Kaaya because Rosier doesn't intrigue me and we had some local kids in White and Harris who had some upside who we passed on.
RB-(B+)A 2nd RB behind Yearby I think was necessary. We had Powell but lost him and didn't have any other options behind him.
WR-(B-)WR was a huge miss. I'm not to worried about Langham, Brady and Berrios I think they will end up being a solid trio. But we could have gotten some special players at this position like Lane, Dixon, Rudolph, Holmes, and Austin Roberts.
TE-(B) who knows about this position Njoku and Herndon could turn out to be studs.
OL-(B+)I would have liked to add 1 or 2 more OL recruits with so many kids leaving this year and next year, and we also signed a suspect class last year.
DL-(A-)I can't really complain too much about the DL recruiting with the exception of missing out on guys like Clark, Valentine, Galliard, Holley, and the JC's like Johnson, Clinkscales, and Pelon who were probably higher on our list than Huertelou and Wyche. But we definitely filled a need there with some good talent.
LB-(B+) we filled a need with some nice talent
CB-(D)I like Mayes at safety more. There was tons of S.F talent that we missed or passed on here (Lammons, Jackson, Robinson, Al Harris Jr. and Quincy Wilson, let's hope our evaluation was correct on him)
S-(A-) I love Hester and Gayot

All in all we brought in some great prospects We just better hit on them with the holes that were left in this class.

Advertisement
So you've never heard of grading a recruting class or a draft for that matter?

Football meet rsa, rsa meet football.

how the **** do you know what the grade is until they've been here for a few years?

perhaps we should grade the expectation?

It's a B+

I'm ****ed as anyone that we missed on so many elite guys, especially in our backyard, and I'm as down on this corching staff as anyone, but I'm trying to be objective. This is still a good class. It's still a Top 15 class, so I'll give it a B+. Now, it should have been an A, because we should have gotten a couple more out of Valentine, Michel, Cook, Lane, Harris, etc. Next year we can't strike out again with a lot of these local guys. If we want to compete with FSU, we can't get a B+ every year. A B+ is good, but we need to get an A, especially when we're located in Dade County, and then, and only then will we be on our way back (I won't say back, because I have my doubts we'll be back even with these players with these coaches). 3-4 years of B+ and we'll be competing for Coastal Titles and ACC titles. 3-4 years of A classes and then, and only then can we think about competing for national titles.

QB - B+ - Like Kaaya but don't understand Rosier. I don't see how he is a better prospect than Harris or Flowers, who both could have doubled as ambassadors for the school in south Florida during the recruiting season.

RB - B- - We got Yearby who is good, but he was injured late and we failed to get anyone else.

TE - B+ - I really like Njoku and Herndon looks fine too.

WR - B - Langham is big but certainly not sudden, Berrios is quick but tiny, Brady and Gray will struggle to qualify but they are good. But with what is available in SoFla this year, this class just doesn't cut it.
This does justify why Miami should always have elite skill guys though, because even when they strike out a bunch of times they still land quality prospects. But Golden was supposed to be an ace recruiter, and he strikes out more than Adam Dunn.

OL - B - McDermott and Darling are great, Linder is solid. But taking 8 lineman in 3 years is not gonna cut it.

DE - A+ - Thomas, Harris, and Jackson are all very versatile. You could also potentially count Smith and McCray here.

DT - B - Jenkins looks like a sleeper, Heurtelou is good, Moten is good, Wyche is a question mark. 2 freshman DTs in 2 years is not good enough. 5 in 3 years is not good enough.

LB - B+ - The issue here is that everyone of the LB takes projects as an OLB, none of them are proven playing inside and in coverage. Still good prospects though.

CB - C - Mayes is a camp take, good athlete. Should have had Jackson. Also, I thought it was either Bethel or Lammons, and it turned out to be neither.

S - A- - Like Hester a lot. Gayot is OK. Not sure he's better than Michael Johnson, which also would have helped create a community atmosphere in Miami to attract more kids (and get guys like Genron to stop bad mouthing us).

One of my biggest issues with the coaches is that they don't offer some borderline local kids, then take commits from borderline kids somewhere else in the country. If they had taken guys like Flowers, Harris, and Johnson early, it certainly would have had an additional influence on the community.
If you've got flat out better options, then don't take them. But I don't see Rosier or Gayot as some kind of awesome. I don't think Rosier will ever play here. Gayot appears to lack the necessary speed for safety and will likely end up like Raheem Ledbetter at Florida.

Rosier is a good sized kid who runs a legit 4.44. I am intrigued. With Olson and Kaaya in front of him he is the perfect dual threat kid who wont cause trouble if he is on the bench and who has the size and speed to move to another postition if needed.

B-, I'm happy with a lot of the talent that we brought in. I love Kaaya, Yearby, Berrios, McDermott, Darling, the DL, Smith, Owens, Young, and Hester.

We had some major question marks in this class.
QB-(A-)We better have a stud in Kaaya because Rosier doesn't intrigue me and we had some local kids in White and Harris who had some upside who we passed on.
RB-(B+)A 2nd RB behind Yearby I think was necessary. We had Powell but lost him and didn't have any other options behind him.
WR-(B-)WR was a huge miss. I'm not to worried about Langham, Brady and Berrios I think they will end up being a solid trio. But we could have gotten some special players at this position like Lane, Dixon, Rudolph, Holmes, and Austin Roberts.
TE-(B) who knows about this position Njoku and Herndon could turn out to be studs.
OL-(B+)I would have liked to add 1 or 2 more OL recruits with so many kids leaving this year and next year, and we also signed a suspect class last year.
DL-(A-)I can't really complain too much about the DL recruiting with the exception of missing out on guys like Clark, Valentine, Galliard, Holley, and the JC's like Johnson, Clinkscales, and Pelon who were probably higher on our list than Huertelou and Wyche. But we definitely filled a need there with some good talent.
LB-(B+) we filled a need with some nice talent
CB-(D)I like Mayes at safety more. There was tons of S.F talent that we missed or passed on here (Lammons, Jackson, Robinson, Al Harris Jr. and Quincy Wilson, let's hope our evaluation was correct on him)
S-(A-) I love Hester and Gayot

All in all we brought in some great prospects We just better hit on them with the holes that were left in this class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
B Plus-

I LOVE:
Brad K
Yearby
Chad T
Moten
Linder
Berrios
Hester- How could U not LUV this kid?
Darling
McDermott
M. Smith

B - on paper, just looking at the class as a whole

C - factoring in all the So FL studs that got away again - Cook, Michel, Lane, Rudolph, Valentine...I know we can't get them all, but we need to have classes where we're getting a majority of them

I know its rhetorical question but Moten was first team all broward 6-8A defense. and in case he doesn't know broward is part of that tri county Al is always talking about. Rated the #12 DT in the country.

Failed at DT. Again

F-

Your opinion is an F-

Jenkins, Moten, Heurtelou and Wynche is a very good class with some monster pass rushers to put beside them! Don't try those kids like that. Valentine would have made this an A class

That's cool. Keep rationalizing losing out on every elite DT from south Florida every year.

is Moten from NJ?

Advertisement
Back