Grad Transfer WR Rico Bussey Jr

Advertisement
Our returning WR are trash.
Old NYSOM and new NYSOM be like:
CheerfulZigzagCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Idk why Brian Hightower just doesn't come back so we don't need to spend our last spot on a WR. What's he doing anyways? It's February and he still hasn't got on with a new school

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's 6'2 195lbs runs a 4.52 40 & has been productive in that Seth Littrell/ Graham Harrell Air Raid- Spread offense.

His Junior year he had 68rec 1,017yds & 12TD's in 2018 when they went 9-4 that year with W's vs SMU, Arkansas & FAU. He had 9rec for 109yds vs SMU so Lashlee saw first hand what this kid can do at his best.

However, he is coming off an ACL & you'd have to question if he's the same afterwards.

Also, we need a LT, a CB, **** even possibly another LB more than we need another WR, especially given the fact we basically only have one scholly left. It kinda defeats the purpose of getting 4 WR's in as EE's if we're just gonna take another Wide out.

I don't think we can turn down that kind of potential production from a WR familiar with the system, but I also think we should be pushing more for a OT or CB with that last scholly.

Ultimately, I don't think it will matter much because I believe he'll end up at OK St (if they reach out to him), being that they have 4 WR's in the portal right now, are in need of depth & this kid is from Oklahoma.

I'm not saying we shouldn't get him if we can, I'm just saying I'd rather us focus on a stronger areas of need.

Nope don’t agree with this whatsoever, just how a mark donofrio defensive scheme made talented players look trash annually yet they immediate improved with a scheme that actually fit to their play style the same thing can happen here on offense
Hoping that new OC and new O will do what Steelers did for Chick , put him in a position and scheme to thrive.

Our past play book was easy for competition to read elementary scheme obvious routes and opponents actually made our O to check off to routes they prefer.

Looking forward to hearing those air raid blaring loud .

GOCANES

He's 6'2 195lbs runs a 4.52 40 & has been productive in that Seth Littrell/ Graham Harrell Air Raid- Spread offense.

His Junior year he had 68rec 1,017yds & 12TD's in 2018 when they went 9-4 that year with W's vs SMU, Arkansas & FAU. He had 9rec for 109yds vs SMU so Lashlee saw first hand what this kid can do at his best.

However, he is coming off an ACL & you'd have to question if he's the same afterwards.

Also, we need a LT, a CB, **** even possibly another LB more than we need another WR, especially given the fact we basically only have one scholly left. It kinda defeats the purpose of getting 4 WR's in as EE's if we're just gonna take another Wide out.

I don't think we can turn down that kind of potential production from a WR familiar with the system, but I also think we should be pushing more for a OT or CB with that last scholly.

Ultimately, I don't think it will matter much because I believe he'll end up at OK St (if they reach out to him), being that they have 4 WR's in the portal right now, are in need of depth & this kid is from Oklahoma.

I'm not saying we shouldn't get him if we can, I'm just saying I'd rather us focus on a stronger areas of need.
When someone like this shows up you cannot ignore , we will need to platoon our wideouts with no huddle.

GOCANES

Advertisement
@brock I get your concerns but him coming doesn't equal him having a sure starting spot.

We are low on upperclassman. He was productive prior to his injury and can help a lot just being a mentor to what is a young group.

Other positions of need would be my major gripe. They're the coaches and have looked at the portal and the roster. So this seems to be a need for them going forward.

Those are all good points

But we also brought in King who has all the potential in the world. By not giving him every weapon possible we could be somewhat limiting him. Our Wr's are unproven and average. Maybe another quality receiver helps our OC and King do what they were brought in to do. Additionally, I will say the ACL tear isnt the best case scenario. I'd rather bring in a WR, who is injury free, through the portal that can fight for PT.

I don'y get CIS sometimes.

People here have been clamoring for an up tempo spread offense with many WRs running around in space and getting playing time.

We finally get an up and coming OC who runs it and he is rumored to want someone who fits into his system and people are having their doubts and saying we have other areas of need.

The way I see it the offense was almost historically bad and needs a face lift. It needs to be fixed in the most drastic of ways. If the new OC believes this kid can help then so be it. No complaints.

Advertisement
Back