Grad Transfer WR Rico Bussey Jr

Advertisement
He is 6 months into rehab. Will he play spring ball? Will he be ready for week 1? I doubt it But he does have 2yrs to play and can maybe make an impact by mid season. He's already had success in a similar offense. Just based off his stat line he would be our number 1 wr. He's a take

Advertisement
He said nothing of the sort, he was referencing having his ga’s quality control coaches cut up plays so he can see their skill set. Nelson and pope were 2 of the names he mentioned

The past is the past,” Lashlee said. “You’ve got to be aware of some things, but like I told our players on day one, ‘All I really care about is moving forward’ so I have not and will not watch one single game from last year. What I have done is we’ve had some G.A.’s and quality control coaches that go cut up specific plays of players so I can get to know—here’s 10-15 plays of Zion (Nelson) or (Mark) Pope or this guy and that guy and I can see what their skill set is, what I think they can do until we get on the field.”
I Wouldn't watch a single game from last year either. i wish i could erase it from my memory besides FSU....

But i stand with you on lets develop our guys and get them going, we have the talent just need to let them play in a system that matches it.

Pope is our worst returning WRs. Payton, Wiggins and Harley are all significantly better.
I don’t get this take, im very high on Payton too but bottom line he had 1 catch as a freshman and didn’t do much last year even with him enrolling early. Same thing with mark pope his freshman year but people are more quick to write him off than Payton for some reason🤔? Those receivers weren’t significantly better than pope whatsoever, they just got more opportunities to play. Wiggins only had 70 more receiving yards than pope last year which isn’t a lot and harley started **** near every game

Advertisement
So he transfered because he couldn't beat out Osborn?
I mean it didn’t help, he would have started at that spot if Osborn wasn’t here so put 2 and 2 together. I’m not okay with mortgaging our future for 1 year rentals. I mean I’m cool with transfers but you got to know when to take them. This isn’t a need right now. Obviously oline should be #1 in the transfer priority market, **** I’ve been against it in the past but I’d want Miami to take another look at a transfer cb before I’d want them to take another receiver especially one coming off an acl injury.

Last edited:
I don’t get this take, im very high on Payton too but bottom line he had 1 catch as a freshman and didn’t do much last year even with him enrolling early. Same thing with mark pope his freshman year but people are more quick to write him off than Payton for some reason🤔? Those receivers weren’t significantly better than pope whatsoever, they just got more opportunities to play. Wiggins only had 70 more receiving yards than pope last year which isn’t a lot and harley started **** near every game
Pope has already had two years to prove himself and he's been a non factor. Payton has supposedly been dominating in practice. Wiggins and Harley have already proved it on the field there better WRs then Pope.

Advertisement
Pope has already had two years to prove himself and he's been a non factor. Payton has supposedly been dominating in practice. Wiggins and Harley have already proved it on the field there better WRs then Pope.
Pope hasn’t had that many opportunities. Payton early enrolled as opposed to pope who didn’t yet he still didn’t play as much as he did as a true freshman. Sound like you just hating on pope at this point for no reason. 70 more yards make you a better receiver? I guarantee if pope played as much as Harley did starting every game and all of those snaps he would have had a more productive season than Harley let’s be real about the situation .That’s not an indictment on them as receivers, it’s the offensive system and you will see that this year.

I mean its no secret, pope wasn’t ready as a freshman and should have been redshirted. He performed his role last year and looked explosive on his limited touches, his production will increase with an expanded role as will Payton, wiggins etc. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

Advertisement
New offensive coaching staff. Coaching does make a difference. Hopefully this staff can bring out the best in all of them. Not writing anyone off because of last year's staff

2 different offensive coaches for Pope. It looks like the staph's intentions were to redshirt Payton...

Advertisement
Back