Grad Transfer Tito Odenigbo officially enrolls

Tell me something people don't know about you.

Before every game, I only listen to two songs over and over: "Walking in Memphis" by Marc Cohn and "Piano Man" by Bill Joel. They are great songs. I play them an hour and a half.

Odenigbo: 'The trash talk is real'

Hahahaha! I thought you were joking.

Advertisement
Not exactly ringing endorsements of him. I bet one if not both freshman dt’s pass him on the depth chart.

I think the articles on him on 247 are a lot better

My brother also went to Illinois so I'm pretty familiar with the team and watched them a bunch last year. My thoughts:

1. U of I had an awful defense, but the one position they had decent talent at was DT. They started 17 freshmen, but redshirted their 2nd highest rated kid because he was a DT and they had solid guys there.

2. Tito was thought of by the 247 guys who cover IL as their most talented DL. His problem was that he was a headcase (throwing the flag ie), and had inconsistent effort. But the kid graded out per PFF as their best DL, and had almost the same grade as Norton.

3. He's not a plug one-tech. He's very much a 3-tech who excels at getting penetration. Silvera might end up playing more than him, but he'll have value as a rotational guy.

If we were relying on him to start, I'd be concerned. But he has talent and the ability to play at a reasonably high level vs P5 comp, so not bad for a 4th or 5th DT. Playing on a non-awful, non-overmatched team should also hope motivate him

0% chance he starts and he’s not beating out Nesta at all for a spot. He’ll challenge Ford on the other side but Miller gon take his reps too.

I hate arguments like this, because if I disagree with you, it feels like I'm disrespecting our freshmen. I love Silvera and Miller. And if either starts, I will be as happy as you. But the likelihood they're ready without at least one off-season of college S&C is next to zero. Tell me how many true freshmen start at DT on decent teams, especially guys who came in over the summer and aren't early entrants? Both kids need some Felder-time.

Odenigbo has quality highlights, he was just inconsistent, which was his MO that haunted him at Illinois. In his 5th and final year, his money year, I think he can pull it all together for the next six months to put on a good show for us.

Whether you agree or not with my opinion, you have to like the fact we have 4 Power-5-conference starters in our DT depth chart, along with 2 freshmen freaks. I'm with the crowd that believes this year's DL will be better than last year's, and the overall defense will be vastly better. Willis, Joe Jax, D Jax, up front, with 6 of the back 7 returning starters. Bedlam.

We have nothing proven at his position and people are essentially writing him off as a rotational player at best. I hope he kills it and proves the lot if you wrong. I'm constantly amazed by some of the things said on here.

Advertisement
Good DT depth. Helps take some of the pressures off Nesta and Miller so that they don't have to be immediate contributors Day 1.

Will be interesting to see if he can take a starting spot next to Willis. Either way, he should be a welcome addition.
i would prefer to redshirt miller. let him focus on his body and development

We have nothing proven at his position and people are essentially writing him off as a rotational player at best. I hope he kills it and proves the lot if you wrong. I'm constantly amazed by some of the things said on here.

To be fair, at DT rotational players are important players. He can do well and be an important part of the team as a 4th or 5th guy.

If Ford plays up to his physical potential, I think we have a pretty good 5 man rotation with Willis, Bethel, Ford, Tito, and Silvera. It might not be the strength of the team, but we should be at least in the top 1/2 to top 1/3 of the ACC

To be fair, at DT rotational players are important players. He can do well and be an important part of the team as a 4th or 5th guy.

If Ford plays up to his physical potential, I think we have a pretty good 5 man rotation with Willis, Bethel, Ford, Tito, and Silvera. It might not be the strength of the team, but we should be at least in the top 1/2 to top 1/3 of the ACC

Well-said.

Advertisement
I hate arguments like this, because if I disagree with you, it feels like I'm disrespecting our freshmen. I love Silvera and Miller. And if either starts, I will be as happy as you. But the likelihood they're ready without at least one off-season of college S&C is next to zero. Tell me how many true freshmen start at DT on decent teams, especially guys who came in over the summer and aren't early entrants? Both kids need some Felder-time.

Odenigbo has quality highlights, he was just inconsistent, which was his MO that haunted him at Illinois. In his 5th and final year, his money year, I think he can pull it all together for the next six months to put on a good show for us.

Whether you agree or not with my opinion, you have to like the fact we have 4 Power-5-conference starters in our DT depth chart, along with 2 freshmen freaks. I'm with the crowd that believes this year's DL will be better than last year's, and the overall defense will be vastly better. Willis, Joe Jax, D Jax, up front, with 6 of the back 7 returning starters. Bedlam.

Don’t waste your emotion on a KrazyCane opinion , I used to think he was a troll but now I think he just has a major case of aspergers. And a troll.

Advertisement
Back