Grad Transfer Tito Odenigbo officially enrolls

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Graduate Transfer Senior DT Tito Odenigbo has officially enrolled at Miami today and will begin classes in Summer Session A. Odenigbo was a rotational lineman for Illinois last season and hopes to provide depth at DT for UM in 2018 after the early departures of McIntosh and Norton.

Advertisement
It will be nice to add another senior to the rotation. Young guys can take some time before they're physically strong enough for the position. Having a big guy with lots of experience only helps.

Advertisement
It will be nice to add another senior to the rotation. Young guys can take some time before they're physically strong enough for the position. Having a big guy with lots of experience only helps.

I would be surprised if he is stronger than Nesta or Miller right now. If he is that’s a good thing... but both of the freshman DTs coming in have a nasty streak to them as well. The interviews I’ve seen from Tito gives me some doubt that he has that same kind of dog in him.

Advertisement
Much needed depth at the DT position. Wish we had a DE/OT coming too but Tito and Boulware should at least provide some competition.

I would be surprised if he is stronger than Nesta or Miller right now. If he is that’s a good thing... but both of the freshman DTs coming in have a nasty streak to them as well. The interviews I’ve seen from Tito gives me some doubt that he has that same kind of dog in him.
Sure he has that dog in him. It's just more of a tiny, yapping type.

But seriously, if all he does is throw a flag at an official after a bad call against us, I'm good. Or if he grabs a flag from the ref and throws a flag when they don't.

Advertisement
Tell me something people don't know about you.

Before every game, I only listen to two songs over and over: "Walking in Memphis" by Marc Cohn and "Piano Man" by Bill Joel. They are great songs. I play them an hour and a half.

Odenigbo: 'The trash talk is real'

Advertisement
Good DT depth. Helps take some of the pressures off Nesta and Miller so that they don't have to be immediate contributors Day 1.

Will be interesting to see if he can take a starting spot next to Willis. Either way, he should be a welcome addition.

Film is underwhelming but all we needed was a body & some experience.

Good vodka though.

Good news is he's enrolled. Bad news is Illinois had one the worst defenses in college football all three years he was eligible there.

BTW, for anyone wondering about the pronunciation of the last name, the "g" is silent. He went to the same HS in Ohio that Kirk Herbstreit, AJ Hawk and Mike Nugent went to.

Advertisement
Back