Grad Transfer Tito Odenigbo officially enrolls

He's not coming in to start and be our #1 DT. He's going to be a rotational player. If he produces what Molten did last year (nothing great but solid), I'll be satisfied. Who knows, he may be more successful in Manny's Defense than he was at Illinois. What were they asking him to do there vs what we're going to ask him to do here?

Advertisement
He's not coming in to start and be our #1 DT. He's going to be a rotational player. If he produces what Molten did last year (nothing great but solid), I'll be satisfied. Who knows, he may be more successful in Manny's Defense than he was at Illinois. What were they asking him to do there vs what we're going to ask him to do here?
He’s had plenty of playing time at illini too so he’s experienced. Nfl bloodlines(his brother is ifeadi odengibo). Can’t beat that as your 4th or 5th dt

this is a very nice pick-up far, far from the guy golden brought in from Virginia. this guy was a starter on a decent defense that lovie smith is running. no it was not OSU or wisconsin, however, it was a very nice defense. don't need him to start but allows us to rotate Nasty 1 in without rushing him.

Undoubtedly, he's going to have a **** of lot better talent around him @ the U then he did at Illinois. If he can just plug up the middle and let our other DT's, DE's and LB's do their jobs, he'll have done his job.

Advertisement
DeYruQCXcAE-4Z4.jpg

Big boy...

Advertisement
Good DT depth. Helps take some of the pressures off Nesta and Miller so that they don't have to be immediate contributors Day 1.

Will be interesting to see if he can take a starting spot next to Willis. Either way, he should be a welcome addition.

lol Nesta is contributing Day 1 regardless / Tito not in his league there are levels to this.... plenty of freshman DTs play just bc they are that good Nesta is one of them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good news is he's enrolled. Bad news is Illinois had one the worst defenses in college football all three years he was eligible there.

BTW, for anyone wondering about the pronunciation of the last name, the "g" is silent. He went to the same HS in Ohio that Kirk Herbstreit, AJ Hawk and Mike Nugent went to.

He might want to keep a hard G up in there.
His Billy Joel listening *** is gonna need the real ‘NIG’ to come out if he’s gonna make in Miami.

Advertisement
I think he pushes Ford and Bethel for playing time, and stays ahead of the TFs. I wouldn't be surprised if he is our starter, tbh, given Simpson comes in with no favorites among Kul's recruits.

This is a 5th year senior who has 3 years of game experience in the Big 10, two as a starter, and now is looking to make a pro team. This is his money year, and like Willis, I have to believe he's locked in to make the most of it.

Here's his 2017 bio from the Illinois football website:
  • Played in 10 games with four starts at defensive tackle
  • 29 tackles (10 solo), 4.5 TFLs, 1.0 sack, two pass breakups
  • Tied for second on the team in TFLs (4.5)
  • Second on the team in TFLs during Big Ten games (4.0)
  • Blocked a field goal at South Florida and added four tackles, 1 PBU and 0.5 TFL
  • Career-high six tackles at Minnesota

I think he pushes Ford and Bethel for playing time, and stays ahead of the TFs. I wouldn't be surprised if he is our starter, tbh, given Simpson comes in with no favorites among Kul's recruits.

This is a 5th year senior who has 3 years of game experience in the Big 10, two as a starter, and now is looking to make a pro team. This is his money year, and like Willis, I have to believe he's locked in to make the most of it.

Here's his 2017 bio from the Illinois football website:
  • Played in 10 games with four starts at defensive tackle
  • 29 tackles (10 solo), 4.5 TFLs, 1.0 sack, two pass breakups
  • Tied for second on the team in TFLs (4.5)
  • Second on the team in TFLs during Big Ten games (4.0)
  • Blocked a field goal at South Florida and added four tackles, 1 PBU and 0.5 TFL
  • Career-high six tackles at Minnesota

0% chance he starts and he’s not beating out Nesta at all for a spot. He’ll challenge Ford on the other side but Miller gon take his reps too.

Advertisement
Back