Grad Transfer McKenzie Milton Enters the Portal

What type of quarterback was he? If a scrambler, it's likely to have affected his mobility. If a pocket passer, it's not as much of an issue.

Alex Smith and Robert Edwards had similar injuries and came back after a multi-year layoff. Edwards played a year in the NFL, and numerous years afterwards in the CFL.
He was athletic QB. Definitely a pass first guy but running was part of his overall game.

He had 613 yards rushing in 2017 and 307 yards in 2018.
By comparison, he had over 4000 yards passing in 2017 and almost 2700 in 10 games in 2018.

Advertisement
In all seriousness, would take him as our QB2. Wouldn't hurt to have injury insurance for a team that's supposed to take the next step next year.

Cute that you think a kid who dominated at Central Florida, is a 2x AAC Player of the Year, Peach Bowl MVP (for upset of Auburn), went 24-0 his final two years with the Knights—is going to transfer to Miami in 2021 to play a back-up role.

Even with that exploded piñata of a knee, he'll have an opportunity to start somewhere.

Advertisement
Cute that you think a kid who dominated at Central Florida, is a 2x AAC Player of the Year, Peach Bowl MVP (for upset of Auburn), went 24-0 his final two years with the Knights—is going to transfer to Miami in 2021 to play a back-up role.

Even with that exploded piñata of a knee, he'll have an opportunity to start somewhere.

Cute. But I didn't say that.

I said I would take him as our #2.

I DID NOT say he would intentionally transfer here to be the #2, you dull blade.

Completely different? What's different about Milton, Tate Martell, and Jake Heaps?

Please, expand upon the diminutive UCF one-legger.
Well, Martell never started a game. Milton threw for 4K yards and 39 TDs. Not saying he's worth it, though. I have serious questions about his health.

His health is the only question I would have. If he passes the medical exam, then you definitely take this kid 100%! Proven leader, proven winner and what he did against Auburn in a NY6 Bowl game, was nothing short of miraculous.

To be clear, my preference is for King to stay and start for us next season, but honestly, if healthy (body AND mind), I think McKenzie is on par with King. He's at least in the neighborhood.

What type of quarterback was he? If a scrambler, it's likely to have affected his mobility. If a pocket passer, it's not as much of an issue.

Alex Smith and Robert Edwards had similar injuries and came back after a multi-year layoff. Edwards played a year in the NFL, and numerous years afterwards in the CFL.
He’s a very very good an that also uses his athleticism very well.

Advertisement
That knee injury was gruesome. I read that he had to have surgery on it again over a year into his rehab because he woke up one day and couldn’t move it or feel it anymore.

Idk if he’s athletically the same but I do know that he’s a better passer than King. If King leaves he has to be QB1

Advertisement
Why is he going to go play for a coach that’s going to be fired?
Yeah, I know he has history with Frost, but if the idea is to put him into the best position to succeed on a grand scale and get drafted, Nebraska would be a terrible choice. If King leaves, and (as everyone has caveated) is healthy, then we need to do a full court press on him.

Advertisement
That knee injury was gruesome. I read that he had to have surgery on it again over a year into his rehab because he woke up one day and couldn’t move it or feel it anymore.
He had several surgeries after the initial surgery but mostly because of infection. I also think his biggest issue with the knee was that when the initial injury happened the nerve got pinched and that was the initial part they were worried about. Two days after surgery he wiggled his toes and hes been in recovery ever since.

If Alex Smith can return from that injury at the age of 36 and actually play somewhat decent on a pretty bad team then it's possible Milton can do the same. He's also 13 years younger than Smith so a full recovery is definitely not out of the question.

Would he be the best transfer option if King does declare? Most likely not. But he would be a decent option if there's a limited pool.
Alex smith was the 1st overall pick and much better given the systems. Smith would’ve put up crazy number in a modern day scheme witch is Urbans on roids

Advertisement
Back