Grad Transfer McKenzie Milton Enters the Portal

Did you actually watch Milton play before he got hurt?
I watched him play..I wasn’t wowed by him. 5’10 not a plus athlete and his JR before injury completed below 60%. Idk how u go from 67% to like 56%. He’s not dynamic like king. Now he did have that great soph szn..personally I like the talent of van dyke If king leaves. Have Tyler and Perry (if he stays battle it out)

Advertisement
I watched him play..I wasn’t wowed by him. 5’10 not a plus athlete and his JR before injury completed below 60%. Idk how u go from 67% to like 56%. He’s not dynamic like king. Now he did have that great soph szn..personally I like the talent of van dyke If king leaves. Have Tyler and Perry (if he stays battle it out)
Perry sucks. I'd rather have the garbage can next to my desk at work be out there instead of Perry. It's TVD or a portal guy who will start next year if King leaves.

Advertisement
Gotta think Nebraska. Who knows if he will be anything close to what he was pre injury. But if you are getting the same Milton I would absolutely put the press on him.

Advertisement
Nobody's going to take himn until they're 100% certain he can move well in the pocket and run.

Except maybe FSU.
FSU would probably settle for can they find a pulse. Emphasis on probably.

Statistically, he's a far superior passer to King (who also had a dip in production before transferring) but he's not nearly the athlete. Even before the injury.

Milton went from 67.1% with a 179.3 rating to 59.2% with a 161. rating (his "bad" season is miles ahead of any UM quarterback in recent history)
King went from 63.5% with a 167.0 rating to 52.7% with a 117.7 rating

In 33 games at UCF, he has passed for 8683 yards at 62% with 72TDs and 22 ints. I'd take a healthy Milton over any QB on the roster not named D'Eriq King.

It's all moot if King stays for another season but if he leaves, you ABSOLUTELY get McKenzie Milton in here to compete for the starting position. Worst case scenario, he flops or gets hurt and you go with Tyler Van Dyke. I would way rather open camp next season with Milton and Van Dyke competing for the job than Van Dyke and N'kosi (I'm not a starting quarterback) Perry competing for the job.

Completely different? What's different about Milton, Tate Martell, and Jake Heaps?

Please, expand upon the diminutive UCF one-legger.
Milton is a three year starter who has put up Heisman caliber numbers. Martell and Heaps didn't even combine to start one season worth of games and both were trash.

Perhaps its just me but I cannot help but feel a bit of a 'stomach turn' every time I think about McKenzie Milton. That injury was so gruesome Im still a bit scared to see him on the field. I'm amazed the kid is still trying to make a go of it at football.
It's not just you.
That wasn't just some ACL/MCL injury or typical dislocation. By most accounts, if his team physicians hadn't moved as quickly as they did and rushed him to the hospital, he really may have lost his leg. I'm amazed he can walk and run, let alone stomach up the courage to get back on the football field. Hoping the best for this kid, and wherever he goes I just hope they have a truly savage OL.

Advertisement
Statistically, he's a far superior passer to King (who also had a dip in production before transferring) but he's not nearly the athlete. Even before the injury.

Milton went from 67.1% with a 179.3 rating to 59.2% with a 161. rating (his "bad" season is miles ahead of any UM quarterback in recent history)
King went from 63.5% with a 167.0 rating to 52.7% with a 117.7 rating

In 33 games at UCF, he has passed for 8683 yards at 62% with 72TDs and 22 ints. I'd take a healthy Milton over any QB on the roster not named D'Eriq King.

It's all moot if King stays for another season but if he leaves, you ABSOLUTELY get McKenzie Milton in here to compete for the starting position. Worst case scenario, he flops or gets hurt and you go with Tyler Van Dyke. I would way rather open camp next season with Milton and Van Dyke competing for the job than Van Dyke and N'kosi (I'm not a starting quarterback) Perry competing for the job.
Milton was 57% his jr year. The kid imo is a lesser version of a Jonny manziel type. And Now of course u have to factor in the injury.

As far as him compared to king, I really think it’s no comp at the college level. And I’m. It just going off stats for that. King brings more to the table as a plus athlete at his size combined with his throwing ability. We need to hit the portal that’s a fact. But I’d wait just a lil longer befor pulling the trigger on this kid coming off the injury

If Alex Smith can return from that injury at the age of 36 and actually play somewhat decent on a pretty bad team then it's possible Milton can do the same. He's also 13 years younger than Smith so a full recovery is definitely not out of the question.

Would he be the best transfer option if King does declare? Most likely not. But he would be a decent option if there's a limited pool.

Advertisement
Idk man. That type of knee injury isn’t like an ACL.
I don’t know how close to 100 he will be. So the question is are you OK with 75% of what he was.
Kid did a lot of damage with his running ability.

Advertisement
Back