Grad Transfer McKenzie Milton Enters the Portal

I feel for the kid with the injury he had. That being said, can he be the QB he was before the injury and he won't have played for over 2 years. Risk vs reward?

Advertisement
If Alex Smith can return from that injury at the age of 36 and actually play somewhat decent on a pretty bad team then it's possible Milton can do the same. He's also 13 years younger than Smith so a full recovery is definitely not out of the question.

Would he be the best transfer option if King does declare? Most likely not. But he would be a decent option if there's a limited pool.

there will be transfers so he wont be the best option esp comng off the injury. id consider him if nothing else shakes out but you dont pull the trigger now and lose the counter till you know what else is there.

Milton was 57% his jr year. The kid imo is a lesser version of a Jonny manziel type. And Now of course u have to factor in the injury.

As far as him compared to king, I really think it’s no comp at the college level. And I’m. It just going off stats for that. King brings more to the table as a plus athlete at his size combined with his throwing ability. We need to hit the portal that’s a fact. But I’d wait just a lil longer befor pulling the trigger on this kid coming off the injury
I got the 59.2% number here https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/mckenzie-milton-1.html

There's no doubt King is the better runner but Milton is the superior passer. He's not the end all/be all answer but if the choice is Milton vs TVD or Perry vs TVD, I'm taking the Milton option 10 times out of 10.

We have to wait regardless because if King returns next year, we won't be in the market for a grad transfer QB anyway.

Advertisement
Milton is a three year starter who has put up Heisman caliber numbers. Martell and Heaps didn't even combine to start one season worth of games and both were trash.

Heaps and Martell would have been hall of fame material at UCF.

There's a reason the USA laughed at UCF when they declared themselves national champions.

Milton was good for UCF. Deriq King was good for Houston. Only King had the transferrable athleticism to STAND OUT in ACC play.

Milton, do you see him outrunning Clemson players? King barely did, bless his heart.

Advertisement
there will be transfers so he wont be the best option esp comng off the injury. id consider him if nothing else shakes out but you dont pull the trigger now and lose the counter till you know what else is there.
I like the kid from Coastal Carolina or Nevada. I'm not sure Willis enters the portal unless Freeze leaves (in which he'll probably follow him).

I love this kid’s commitment to returning to the gridiron. He will be cleared 100% to take the reigns by Spring football. UCF has another great QB now. So good the two prior starters are transferring out. Milton is a legit dual/threat. Under this offensive scheme, I’d rather have a healthy Milton and TVD than a Perry that has peaked and a unproven Matocha that was recruited under a different scheme.

His knee is made of apple cores and Chinese newspaper. He's insane for trying to play again, and it is ill-advised to take him.

Advertisement

There's a reason the USA laughed at UCF when they declared themselves national champions.

Milton was good for UCF. Deriq King was good for Houston. Only King had the transferrable athleticism to STAND OUT in ACC play.

Milton, do you see him outrunning Clemson players? King barely did, bless his heart.
Milton put up better numbers against the same competition that King played against at Houston. Martel and Heaps wouldn’t even sniff the field at UCF. Martel couldn’t beat out Nkosi Perry for the backup QB job at a school that had nobody to play quarterback.

Milton didn't hurt his knee. He broke his leg. None of his ligaments were torn but he did tear an artery which could have been fatal.

Milton didn't hurt his knee. He broke his leg. None of his ligaments were torn but he did tear an artery which could have been fatal.

You contradict ESPN. Not that you're right or wrong, but there's opposing "news".

Advertisement
You contradict ESPN. Not that you're right or wrong, but there's opposing "news".

You are correct. It was his knee. I read an article that said he didn’t tear an a lot or mcl but he did have ligament injuries

Idk man. That type of knee injury isn’t like an ACL.
I don’t know how close to 100 he will be. So the question is are you OK with 75% of what he was.
Kid did a lot of damage with his running ability.
What type of quarterback was he? If a scrambler, it's likely to have affected his mobility. If a pocket passer, it's not as much of an issue.

Alex Smith and Robert Edwards had similar injuries and came back after a multi-year layoff. Edwards played a year in the NFL, and numerous years afterwards in the CFL.

I watched him play..I wasn’t wowed by him. 5’10 not a plus athlete and his JR before injury completed below 60%. Idk how u go from 67% to like 56%. He’s not dynamic like king. Now he did have that great soph szn..personally I like the talent of van dyke If king leaves. Have Tyler and Perry (if he stays battle it out)
In 10 Games as a Junior he had 3000 Total Yards 34 Total TDs 6INTs. I have no clue how you couldn't be impressed by that lol. The season before that he had 4,700 Total Yards 45 Total TDs 9INTs

Hes more of a Pocket passer that uses his legs of necessary

Advertisement
Back