Grad Transfer LT from Cal

Advertisement
TBH I'm fine with Navuaghn playing RT with Brown playing LT and Odogwu providing depth with starter experience

Would rather use spots on a DT and RB

TBH I'm fine with Navuaghn playing RT with Brown playing LT and Odogwu providing depth with starter experience

You really think Donaldson will be able to just step right in at RT? I can see at G but am skeptical at RT. Also I'm not sure Brown beats out St Louis.

I agree but if we have injuries, Sunny coming off yet another injury already, we would be forced to rely on McDermott or a young guy in KLH or Tre Johnson. Still have TSL, but for a year I'd take this guy. I believe we have 3 spots open so that would still allow us to get Glen Logan and a RB. Surely there will be at least 1 additional transfer as well in case we were to get both Glen Logan and Breiden Fehako at DT. Who knows how realistic it is to get either at this point but those are the primary candidates currently.

You really think Donaldson will be able to just step right in at RT? I can see at G but am skeptical at RT. Also I'm not sure Brown beats out St Louis.

Brown is going to beat out St.louis....they didn't bring this guy in for him to ride the bench

Advertisement

Brown is going to beat out St.louis....they didn't bring this guy in for him to ride the bench

St. Louis after the va tech game was probably miamis most solid lineman other than isidora

Brown, St. Louis & Donaldson will all start this season...

LT, RT & RG

Advertisement
- McDermott played a decent tackle.
- Darling is talented but a better fit inside.
- Linder is an enigma but its one year left now.
- Gauthier played well in a pinch and even though this staff will play the better man, I'm not convinced it isn't him.
- Brown will win the tackle spot, I think he's a big talent.

St. Louis is our injury depth. Point being I don't see any room for Donaldson at the moment, especially with the conditioning he has to do.

St. Louis is our injury depth. Point being I don't see any room for Donaldson at the moment, especially with the conditioning he has to do.

We couldn't run the ball against defenses with a pulse last year. If he can move people, they have to play him. We can't afford to be as ****** as we were running the ball last year with a rookie quarterback this year.

There are very few instances where taking a grad transfer doesn't make sense. They don't hurt the scholarships for next year's class. At best they become a solid contributor. At worst they provide depth. If this dude wants to come in and compete I say let him and see what we can get out of him.

Advertisement
We couldn't run the ball against defenses with a pulse last year. If he can move people, they have to play him. We can't afford to be as ****ty as we were running the ball last year with a rookie quarterback this year.

I absolutely agree with your statement I'm just not sure that he's able to be a day-one-play guy. Glad he enrolled early however.

Throw all the bodies at the OL until the cream rises to the top.

That is unless the staff is extremely confident in the returning tackles we have (Odogwu, St. Louis, Brown, Kc).

Advertisement
Given what we know about the current OL and the fact these kids will need time there is no reason to not at least kick the tires here.
Our OL is an injury or 2 away from being a serious problem.

Take him to create more competition....He might be stronger than most of our OL....alot of their bench and squat numbers are still at the HS level.

Advertisement
Back