Grad Transfer LT from Cal

Given what we know about the current OL and the fact these kids will need time there is no reason to not at least kick the tires here.
Our OL is an injury or 2 away from being a serious problem.

Not necessarily
Projected starters for the spring
Left tackle
McDermott or brown
Left guard
Darling
Center
Gautheir or Linder or milo
Right guard
Donaldson and or dykstra
Right tackle
Tyree St. Louis or odogwu

And then you add Herbert, Corey gaynor, and zalontae hillery in may. I say we develop our young talent instead wasting a scholarship here. We have a bunch of returning experience with a unit that improved the last few games. This will be the most competition we have had at oline in a while too

Advertisement
Given what we know about the current OL and the fact these kids will need time there is no reason to not at least kick the tires here.
Our OL is an injury or 2 away from being a serious problem.

Not necessarily
Projected starters for the spring
Left tackle
McDermott or brown
Left guard
Darling
Center
Gautheir or Linder or milo
Right guard
Donaldson and or dykstra
Right tackle
Tyree St. Louis or odogwu

And then you add Herbert, Corey gaynor, and zalontae hillery in may. I say we develop our young talent instead wasting a scholarship here. We have a bunch of returning experience with a unit that improved the last few games. This will be the most competition we have had at oline in a while too

What schollies are we wasting though? We have open ones and he is here for one season. He isn't really wasting a scholarship.

Advertisement
We have 82 'ship players today. We need to add a DT, DB and RB...still time.

I am wondering if these O-linemen like Jones, Mahoney and even Milo are going to stay knowing the talent level of this incoming freshmen O-men {and Brown transfer} and that they will probably never see much if any playing time. If the did transfer it would allow MR to go after some much better replacements next year for the O-line without compromising other positions needed.

Any chance to add talent to the offensive line should be taken immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
TBH I'm fine with Navuaghn playing RT with Brown playing LT and Odogwu providing depth with starter experience

Would rather use spots on a DT and RB

I guess you didn't watch the UA game. I just dont see him being a tackle. When he gets his hands on the defender he has some serious strength but his foot work left a lot to be desired and he was routinely getting beat around the corner while he played right tackle.

TBH I'm fine with Navuaghn playing RT with Brown playing LT and Odogwu providing depth with starter experience

I guess you didn't watch the UA game. I just dont see him being a tackle. When he gets his hands on the defender he has some serious strength but his foot work left a lot to be desired and he was routinely getting beat around the corner while he played right tackle.

Not really. The 5 star tackle Isaiah Wilson got beat more around the edge than Donaldson did

Advertisement

I am wondering if these O-linemen like Jones, Mahoney and even Milo are going to stay knowing the talent level of this incoming freshmen O-men {and Brown transfer} and that they will probably never see much if any playing time. If the did transfer it would allow MR to go after some much better replacements next year for the O-line without compromising other positions needed.

One would think that these people and those at other positions (with limited skills from the AG era) would be looking to transfer if ball playing is their main goal in college. MR and company this year brought in quality players and will continue to do so in the future. The people mentioned by the OP and others will get pushed further and further down the depth chart each year.

What Demeco Ryans is his cousin. So is Darren Lake. He's cut from a good cloth. What

You really think Donaldson will be able to just step right in at RT? I can see at G but am skeptical at RT. Also I'm not sure Brown beats out St Louis.

Brown is going to beat out St.louis....they didn't bring this guy in for him to ride the bench

Brown is going to compete for LT, St Louis started to come into his own at RT. Donaldson is going to push for the RG position his first year and as he slims down he'll move to the tackle position.

Advertisement

You really think Donaldson will be able to just step right in at RT? I can see at G but am skeptical at RT. Also I'm not sure Brown beats out St Louis.

Brown is going to beat out St.louis....they didn't bring this guy in for him to ride the bench
Would be very surprised if St. Louis is not starting at one of the Tackle spots next year.

Advertisement
Back