GR15 says the Jaylon Knighton hype is real

Does anyone sort of see both Duke Johnson and Dalvin Cook. Some of the clips he looks just like Duke Johnson with those violent cuts. Then there are some runs where he has that Cook ‘lean’ and when you saw that lean you knew it was house time. I do not have a trained eye but just an observation.
Nope. Just Duke.

Advertisement
Knighton is a More physical runner than duke. Think of a more instinctive(with the true rb cuts, vision etc )and talented version Travis homer at the rb position and that’s what you have in knighton. And that would be very good because Travis homer was a very solid cane that is under appreciated. Imo he’s a Mixture between duke and Travis homer Imo as he has qualities of both

Last edited:
Rooting for all these guys this fall. Everybody was high on lingard because of his 5 star rating, but then cam Harris seemed to step up and beat him out. When lingard left, cam was vocal Calling him out and showed a DJ Dallas type loyalty to Miami. Chaney’s early And solid commitment to Miami made him a fan favorite, but Knighton being added to the class was icing on the cake and might actually prove to be the cake itself... I hope all these guys feast in this offense.
People shouldn’t be so quick to write Chaney off, he’s extremely gifted. Both are very talented backs and i can’t wait until they play. It’s not often you can get 2 backs as gifted as these two in one class

Attachments

• 153E6390-E26D-428A-81B8-8C8DE9A900CE.jpeg
    153E6390-E26D-428A-81B8-8C8DE9A900CE.jpeg
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 150
Advertisement
He's neither Duke nor Cook, he's Rooster baby!!!

Yall are gonna fvckin' love this kid man. I promise.
Wait until you see how tough he is. That's the one thing that doesn't get talked about because we spend most of our time admiring his ability, but the kid is tough as ****.

I'm so **** happy he's at Miami!

Knighton is a More physical runner than duke. Think of a more instinctive(with the true rb cuts, vision etc )and talented version Travis homer at the rb position and that’s what you have in knighton. And that would be very good because Travis homer was a very solid game that is under appreciated. Imo he’s a Mixture between duke and Travis homer Imo as he has qualities of both
Duke had an elite stiff arm. There’s different ways to be physical than just putting your head down to run over people.

Wait until you see how tough he is. That's the one thing that doesn't get talked about because we spend most of our time admiring his ability, but the kid is tough as ****.

He has the two things I ask for in a running back....first step is shot out a canon (explosiveness) and break away speed

Advertisement

Toughness is what will make him a superstar. The ability is clearly elite, but we've seen plenty of soft dudes with elite ability fail. Tough plus elite physical equals superstar.

I'm sure Knighton will be a best, but I couldn't care less what an almost-teammate has to say about it.

Sorry, but we've heard this practice field nonsense from all kinds of players over the years—singling out some guy who is ready to "blow up this year—just wait".

What are these players supposed to say abut teammates—"meh, he's all right"?

Knighton and Chaney are two great pulls and based on their high school film (and Miami's offensive line the next 3-4 years) both should be superstars.

I don't need Greg Rousseau to tell me that.

If Knighton & Cheaney have the Football IQ & work enough to pass pro, I'd be disappointed if they don't both jump Cam on the depth chart at some point this year. Cam last year really left a lot to be desired in my opinion. He lacks vision to hit the right hole and even runs into his own OL far too much. I wish him all the success but I do not see anything NFL about him, and for the you to really come back we need NFL running backs stacked on top of each other like I believe this class is the beginning of.

That said I would love to be wrong and see Cam take a huge step forward this year as well as the young bucks.

I know the season hasn't started, etc. how is Knighton liking UMiami so far?

Advertisement
I am not going to say he is going to be as good as Clyde Edwards-Helaire from LSU who was a quick little bowling ball who was a bit more stout and husky than rooster...
....BUT we can use him in similar ways, utilizing him with quick swing passes and dump offs and wheel routes when teams are spread out focused on all our WRs/TEs.

I have a feeling this kid one-on-one is going to be a pain for ACC defenses to keep up with for years to come.

He shows incredible burst and anticipation with his cuts. Speed is awesome, but those two traits make the whole thing “go.” His balance stood out too. Reminded me of the way Alvin Kamara runs with his low center of gravity and ability to stay upright even in small spaces. That’s how you make a 3 yard run an 8 yard run.

Advertisement
I'm sure Knighton will be a best, but I couldn't care less what an almost-teammate has to say about it.

Sorry, but we've heard this practice field nonsense from all kinds of players over the years—singling out some guy who is ready to "blow up this year—just wait".

What are these players supposed to say abut teammates—"meh, he's all right"?

Knighton and Chaney are two great pulls and based on their high school film (and Miami's offensive line the next 3-4 years) both should be superstars.

I don't need Greg Rousseau to tell me that.
Your right but when the specific words are "the hype is real" that's telling me something. Usually they say what u pretty much stated in your post. When they say yo the hype is real it's like Saquon Barkley or Sean Taylor getting to NFL camp. They can always say "he looks good the ability is there just needs to adjust to this level" blah blah blah that's typical player talk. But when those words come out your mouth it means he had hype locally and G knows of it and is stating the kid is legit.

Hall is a throwback safety. He would stick out in the pre-targeting era. I’m excited to see Bolden back there. I think he’s going to catch a lot of deep balls this year.
My sentiments exactly. The dual of Hall and Bolden will be catching a lot of errant throws just from the pass rush alone. I think having Blades and an improved Ivey is going to help the back 7 as well. Then add a competent NB and we’re loaded on the defensive side. Just need Jaylon, Don, Cam, and the wideouts to get their **** together so we can ball out offensively

Advertisement
Back