Gore Update

In a big cowboys fan...

having said that there is two cowboys forums I follow pretty regularly

the amount of hate given to Gore because of how close he is to Emmitt Smith makes me laugh

I always laugh and tell them to remember he went to the cardinals for a few years to pad his stats and essentially do nothing

Last edited:
Advertisement
In a big cowboys fan...

havinf said that there is two cowboys forums I follow pretty regularly

the amount of hate given to Gore because of how close he is to Emmit Smith makes me laugh

I always laugh and tell them to remember he went to the cardinals for a few years to pad his stats and essentially do nothing
I respect Emmit. He wasn't the best RB I ever saw, but he was **** good, and **** reliable. There are guys who were flashier, and I'll always put my $ on Walter as the goat, but you cannot go wrong with Emmit Smith.

/cool story bro

MMonday_FB.jpg

You know what's funny. Sterling Sharpe had more TDs in his 7 years than Shannon Sharpe had in 14. Shannon was **** good but Sterling Sharpe was genuinely one of the few best WR ever and had he not got hurt, would be rightthere with Rice, Moss, Owens. It's a frickin crime that Terrell Davis is in the HOF and Sterling Sharpe isn't.

Edit: Sharpe also held the all-time record for receptions in a season, won the triple crown as a receiver, 3x first team all pro, 3x receptions leader, 2x receiving TD leader. Not sure why people are letting art monk and james lofton into the hall but not sterling sharpe.

As a Bears fan & watched Sterling abuse us year after year, I approve of this message. He belongs in the Hall. It was him, Rice, & Brown vying for the best receiver in the NFL every year for 7 yrs.

As a Bears fan & watched Sterling abuse us year after year, I approve of this message. He belongs in the Hall. It was him, Rice, & Brown vying for the best receiver in the NFL every year for 7 yrs.
Grew up a Bears fan also. To be honest, Sharpe and Rice were way better than Brown.

Tim Brown played 17 years and was 1st team all pro once. Sterling Sharpe played 7 seasons and got it 3x.

Advertisement
You know what's funny. Sterling Sharpe had more TDs in his 7 years than Shannon Sharpe had in 14. Shannon was **** good but Sterling Sharpe was genuinely one of the few best WR ever and had he not got hurt, would be rightthere with Rice, Moss, Owens. It's a frickin crime that Terrell Davis is in the HOF and Sterling Sharpe isn't.

Edit: Sharpe also held the all-time record for receptions in a season, won the triple crown as a receiver, 3x first team all pro, 3x receptions leader, 2x receiving TD leader. Not sure why people are letting art monk and james lofton into the hall but not sterling sharpe.
I remember how good Sterling Sharpe was. He was a top 10 all time type of WR that just had his career cut short.

Advertisement
I respect Emmit. He wasn't the best RB I ever saw, but he was **** good, and **** reliable. There are guys who were flashier, and I'll always put my $ on Walter as the goat, but you cannot go wrong with Emmit Smith.

/cool story bro
If Gore played behind that Cowboys line.... Lord help the NFL. Same with Barry Sanders. You could literally drive a truck through some of those holes they opened for Smith.

Advertisement
If Gore played behind that Cowboys line.... Lord help the NFL. Same with Barry Sanders. You could literally drive a truck through some of those holes they opened for Smith.
Anyone would have benefitted from playing behind probably the best OL ever. Gore included. Imagine any of the greats behind that line. Sanders would probably benefit the most because he lost yards in the backfield more often than most top backs, and that would radically shrink behind the Dallas OL.

Anyone would have benefitted from playing behind probably the best OL ever. Gore included. Imagine any of the greats behind that line. Sanders would probably benefit the most because he lost yards in the backfield more often than most top backs, and that would radically shrink behind the Dallas OL.
Sanders would have been ungodly if he got to make his moves 10 yards down the field instead of being Houdini 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Advertisement
Help me out with the context here. Sharpe's career was so much better than T. Davis's. Sharpe played longer before injury, did more. Was more elite. Heck, Sterling > Shannon in TDs, injuries aside. Don't see why he's not a glaring omission at this point. Monk and Lofton were 1x all pro guys. Why ain't Shannon piping off about his bro needin to be there?

First dude to catch 100+ NFL balls that I knew about. Sorry Art Monk, I was a year old when you did it. The last game he played he cooked the Falcons for 180 yards & a couple tubs with a ****-near broken neck. If TD made it, Sterling shoulda been in first. He was a lock for waaay over 1000 catches, 14, 15,000+ yards, and 100+ tds...

Help me out with the context here. Sharpe's career was so much better than T. Davis's. Sharpe played longer before injury, did more. Was more elite. Heck, Sterling > Shannon in TDs, injuries aside. Don't see why he's not a glaring omission at this point. Monk and Lofton were 1x all pro guys. Why ain't Shannon piping off about his bro needin to be there?

So I heard he wasn’t that great w the media. I love Sayers; but Sharpe has a better resume than Sayers. I’m not sure why Sharpe gets the shaft. Davis definitely don’t belong in the hall before Sharpe. Sharpe dominated all 7 yrs he played, and didn’t miss a game until the neck injury.

To me, Gore & Sharpe are no brainers, but unfortunately Sharpe has to get in via a veterans committee now. I thought Roger Craig should’ve got in, as well. He changed the RB position, where it was cool for a RB to catch the rock like a WR.

The NFL HOF be on some bull chit w/ who’s in & who’s out.

Advertisement
Back