Gore Update

Clwtrdan

Freshman
Frank needs just 8 yards against the Patriots next week to pass the 16000 yards rushing plateau. He also currently has 81 rushing touchdowns and 18 receiving touchdown in his career, so one more TD and he will also reach 100 for his career. I'm pretty sure everyone on the Jets offense is fully aware of these milestones and will do their best to put Frank over the top in both categories. At my house, we have always referred to Frank as just 'Money', because giving it to Frank, who has lost only 30 fumbles in 3721 rushing attempts and 483 receptions, is as close as you are going to get to having money in the bank. What a career!

Advertisement
Advertisement

@canesupremacy has got it.
Today makes it 101.

Don't know what ND did today but we were 29 TD's behind them going into today.
We have at least 5 today.
That link is really interesting, if you click on the columns it shows highest to lowest (or vice versa) and it is amazing how high Miami is in just about every category...give it a shot!

Shannon Sharpe now needs to STFU. I don't see how you can not HOF a guy that rushed for 16,000 yards, 100 TD's, played for so long, and have no off the field issues.

There is no realistic reason why he shouldn't be in the hall, and it shouldn't take that long to put him in either.

Gore is the ******' man.

Advertisement
Shannon Sharpe now needs to STFU. I don't see how you can not HOF a guy that rushed for 16,000 yards, 100 TD's, played for so long, and have no off the field issues.

There is no realistic reason why he shouldn't be in the hall, and it shouldn't take that long to put him in either.

Gore is the ******' man.
He was hall of very good but he just kept going...

Gore is the ******' man.
Gore is going to be a first ballot HOF. There's no argument against him. If he's the shining example of a guy who played very effin good for 16 years, then booyah, 16,000 yards and 100 TDs gets you to the HOF. And Gore has a LOT more TDs than Sharpe, so Shannon should really STFU. Gore had several years with more TDs than Sharpe's best years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You know what's funny. Sterling Sharpe had more TDs in his 7 years than Shannon Sharpe had in 14. Shannon was **** good but Sterling Sharpe was genuinely one of the few best WR ever and had he not got hurt, would be rightthere with Rice, Moss, Owens. It's a frickin crime that Terrell Davis is in the HOF and Sterling Sharpe isn't.

Edit: Sharpe also held the all-time record for receptions in a season, won the triple crown as a receiver, 3x first team all pro, 3x receptions leader, 2x receiving TD leader. Not sure why people are letting art monk and james lofton into the hall but not sterling sharpe.

Last edited:
Gore is going to be a first ballot HOF. There's no argument against him. If he's the shining example of a guy who played very effin good for 16 years, then booyah, 16,000 yards and 100 TDs gets you to the HOF. And Gore has a LOT more TDs than Sharpe, so Shannon should really STFU. Gore had several years with more TDs than Sharpe's best years.
He also did with an impressive per carry average during a time the game transitioned to a passing league.

Advertisement
Back