GOP Tax Plan Consequences To 2019 Ticket Prices?

Well, I guess they'll have to reach into their TV contracts to make up the difference.

I'm tired of big $ school like UGA crying about money.

THEY DON'T PAY THE ATHLETES!

Advertisement
so do this make it into the final bill or not? there were a lot of last minute changes

It did, and it's going to hurt the university immediately because Trump didn't wait until Jan 1 to sign the bill. It's also going to make coaches more expensive across the board.

The 21 percent excise tax, mandated by the bill, means, for example, that new Texas A&M football coach Jimbo Fisher's $75 million contract actually will cost the university $90.75 million

The bill requires that non-profit organizations, such as universities, pay the excise tax on any employee who makes above $1 million or the top five highest-paid employees, even if their compensation doesn't exceed six figures.

Because college football and basketball coaches typically are among the highest-paid employees at NCAA Division I schools, this will have a widespread impact on universities.

As another example, expect Alabama to have to pay an extra $1.2 million per year on top of football coach Nick Saban's $7.125 million annual income, USA Today reported.

Not good for college football, and the fans are going to incur the cost.

Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard told USA Today that preliminary estimates due to the change could mean an additional $700,000 in expenses. Some of those costs may be passed down to the paying customers.

“That figure will have to either be passed on to ticket holders and donors, or taken out of the budgets of sports that are not … being targeted by the federal government,” Pollard told USA Today in an e-mail. “It is ironic that the compensation paid in those two sports, by sheer market pressure, will actually now generate an additional financial burden for athletics directors to try and solve in our industry. It will be interesting to watch the new wave of creative ideas and suggestions that will be developed by lawyers, agents and financial advisors, to try and get around the new excise tax.”

Poor people thread
yup, poor democrat voters spoiled with freebies. I'm in a tax bracket where my personal tax liability will not decrease.So be it. But, my company tax rate will decrease from 37 % to 21%. This decrease will result in increased profits for my company. Therefore I will be a net winner because I will issue special dividends every year and pay significantly less taxes than ordinary income taxes.

The funny part is people actually think theyre winjing with this tax break. Adding to the deficit will only cause inflation rise even further. Currently 3% year which is greater than any tax break

Poor people thread
yup, poor democrat voters spoiled with freebies. I'm in a tax bracket where my personal tax liability will not decrease.So be it. But, my company tax rate will decrease from 37 % to 21%. This decrease will result in increased profits for my company. Therefore I will be a net winner because I will issue special dividends every year and pay significantly less taxes than ordinary income taxes.

The funny part is people actually think theyre winjing with this tax break. Adding to the deficit will only cause inflation rise even further. Currently 3% year which is greater than any tax break

What do you expect from people who ed about the deficit the last 8 years (despite the fact the Obama admin lowered it) and then immediately decided to add $1.5T to it?

It's almost as if tribalism is more important than policy and reason.

Advertisement
Poor people thread

We are winning. Any time you get to keep more of YOUR money, it's a good thing. Force government to cut cost. I don't need them in my healthcare or regulating every **** thing I do. Protect our borders and personal liberties domestically and that should be about their only job. Don't need a president setting a record for the number of government employees like the last one....

Poor people thread

We are winning. Any time you get to keep more of YOUR money, it's a good thing. Force government to cut cost. I don't need them in my healthcare or regulating every **** thing I do. Protect our borders and personal liberties domestically and that should be about their only job. Don't need a president setting a record for the number of government employees like the last one....

Force government to cut cost while simultaneously adding $1.5T to the deficit.

PS: Republicans ******* love big government when they're in power, just as much as they don't give a **** about the deficit unless they're campaigning.

Poor people thread

PS: Republicans ****ing love big government when they're in power, just as much as they don't give a **** about the deficit unless they're campaigning.
I know where you get your news.

PS: Republicans ****ing love big government when they're in power, just as much as they don't give a **** about the deficit unless they're campaigning.

Reputable news sources and not State TV like Fox News or nonsense websites like Breitbart?

Advertisement

Reputable news sources and not State TV like Fox News or nonsense websites like Breitbart?

airplane.gif

Poor people thread

You're not winning. You've just borrowed my more money from the federal reserve and they'll continue to devalue every dollar your children and grandchildren ever have. This is not politics, this is not fake news. This is basic fact.

The republicans aren't going to "force" any effective cuts that put their reelection at risk. The Fed will print more and more money till your kids have to take a wheelbarrow full of cash to buy a gallon a milk.

Poor people thread

You're not winning. You've just borrowed my more money from the federal reserve and they'll continue to devalue every dollar your children and grandchildren ever have. This is not politics, this is not fake news. This is basic fact.

The republicans aren't going to "force" any effective cuts that put their reelection at risk. The Fed will print more and more money till your kids have to take a wheelbarrow full of cash to buy a gallon a milk.

money.jpg
With my 401K jackpot... I'm gonna buy milk!

Advertisement
Congrats the GOP just made the income inequality problem a lot worse.

Unions Busted
Average workers income goes down
CEO's wage gaps increase
More corporate money flows into political campaigns
More money printed on wall st devaluing the $

And they want CEO's to run the country LOLOL. Who do they think was corrupting the government? They're just cutting out the middle man now.

Unions Busted
CEO's wage gaps increase

And they want CEO's to run the country LOLOL. Who do they think was corrupting the government? They're just cutting out the middle man now.

abc.jpg

Unions Busted
CEO's wage gaps increase

Please talk among yourselves... wife and I are rushing out for dinner now, cause it will take a wheelbarrow and a half of money to eat out next year.
Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back