GOP Tax Plan Consequences To 2019 Ticket Prices?

Advertisement
This type of post should ban op for life

You should be banned from society for not maintaining a minute level of cognitive dissonance.

Blatant political posts on football board? Bad. Post about political event that may have some consequence upon football team board is dedicated to? Acceptable.

Tad, remember a lot of the people that porst here watch the games from their mom's basements and don't donate to the Hurricane Club. So they won't care about changes in ticket prices because they never go. Just something to keep in mind.

It sucks, but writing off a large portion of our season tickets was a gravy train that was bound to end at some point. It doesn't impact me either way, I will still renew my seats and probably have a sour puss face for about 2 minutes after I do it. It will all be better when we rip the face masks off of FSU and crap all over Young William.

It was borderline "mafia-style shake down" money by the schools.. now there will be more people buying gameday tickets as fans instead of people who hope to sell them off for profit on stubhub and leave seats unfilled.

Last edited:
This type of post should ban op for life

You should be banned from society for not maintaining a minute level of cognitive dissonance.

Blatant political posts on football board? Bad. Post about political event that may have some consequence upon football team board is dedicated to? Acceptable.

The categorical dismissal of any topic because it merely touches on politics is why we now live in country where it is increasingly difficult to have any discourse. Tax policy impacting the University's revenue stream (and investments into athletics) is certainly not OT. OP can now go back to cleaning my toilet (wrote this on the crapper).

It will probably only affect the high end donations but most of those people can afford to not worry about the tax break. It is crazy the cost of some donations though, my endzone suite is only $700 per ticket but $1150 donation. To move to the sideline, it's 25k and the champions suite, it's 55k.

Pretty much the reason I posted- Miami (and a ton of other programs) have heavily structured their ticketing around the mandatory donations. I'm reallllllly surprised that college athletics wasn't able to lobby this out of the final tax bill. Seems grossly negligent by them.

The right wants to hurt universities as much as possible in this bill, so it's not surprising at all.

Hilariously enough President Dip**** begged them to leave in the tax write offs for new stadium financing because Trump in the end is a fraud even down to his NFL **** fest.

Advertisement
It will probably only affect the high end donations but most of those people can afford to not worry about the tax break. It is crazy the cost of some donations though, my endzone suite is only $700 per ticket but $1150 donation. To move to the sideline, it's 25k and the champions suite, it's 55k.

Pretty much the reason I posted- Miami (and a ton of other programs) have heavily structured their ticketing around the mandatory donations. I'm reallllllly surprised that college athletics wasn't able to lobby this out of the final tax bill. Seems grossly negligent by them.

The right wants to hurt universities as much as possible in this bill, so it's not surprising at all.

Hilariously enough President Dip**** begged them to leave in the tax write offs for new stadium financing because Trump in the end is a fraud even down to his NFL **** fest.

Sure ... and being on the left you are fine with schools selling all their season tickets attached to "shake down money".... must be used to "union shakedown dues"

Board is full of people who do not donate to the school and have no ability to understand or relate to the post. Most likely pay little or no federal taxes, which increases their disconnect on the issue. This will likely lower donations and result in an increase in the effective price of tickets. I wonder if they can disconnect the two things and get by this in some way?

Sure ... and being on the left you are fine with schools selling all their season tickets attached to "shake down money".... must be used to "union shakedown dues"

I'm fine with private Universities doing whatever they want with their business. No different than sports teams making people pay PSLs.

If you can't afford it, don't go.

Advertisement
I'd wager there are more people on this board that donate to the progrum than is the general assumption.

Disguised anti Trump rhetoric.

Yes clearly the Hurricane Club is out there sending anti-Trump propaganda and not because our biggest donors are going to lose their tax exempt status.

This is the reality that you live in.

No the Hurricane club was doing their job, trying to shake down some end of year money using it as an excuse, the OP made it anti Trump

Disguised anti Trump rhetoric.

Yes clearly the Hurricane Club is out there sending anti-Trump propaganda and not because our biggest donors are going to lose their tax exempt status.

This is the reality that you live in.

No the Hurricane club was doing their job, trying to shake down some end of year money using it as an excuse, the OP made it anti Trump

Please, point out where there was some anti-Trump bias here:

All politics aside, this will probably raise overall ticket pricing if the tax incentives are stripped from the Hurricane Club donations- especially on the higher level required donations to buy the more premium season tickets.

The post literally starts with "All politics aside" LOL

Advertisement
I doubt it will impact ticket prices but it may impact season ticket sales, especially the more expensive ones. The "donation" add on wasn't a price hike, it was more of an incentive for wealthier people to buy more expensive tickets since they could now right off a large portion of the money they spent on tickets as a "donation".

For example: My cheap section 102 season ticket was always $250. When they changed the season ticket format to the ticket+donation style format, the ticket price went down to $200 + a $50 "donation". I could have technically written off the $50/ticket donation for my four season tickets. Now, I won't have that option anymore. A $200 write off is pretty meaningless but those club level seat donations are significantly higher , thus a much bigger deduction for the wealthier ticket owners.

Let's be real... most of us aren't buying tickets for the charitable deduction. Those that do probably don't attend most games anyhow. Shouldn't have much of an effect on general folk (like myself) that don't itemize deductions anyhow.

Advertisement
Poor people thread
yup, poor democrat voters spoiled with freebies. I'm in a tax bracket where my personal tax liability will not decrease.So be it. But, my company tax rate will decrease from 37 % to 21%. This decrease will result in increased profits for my company. Therefore I will be a net winner because I will issue special dividends every year and pay significantly less taxes than ordinary income taxes.

I wonder how many of those Golden Canes/Living Room Boxes will now be open because of this.

Yep.....17.5k, 25k and 55k and is was all donation but like I said, most of them don't have to worry about that amount to spend or write off

I wonder how many of those Golden Canes/Living Room Boxes will now be open because of this.

Yep.....17.5k, 25k and 55k and is was all donation but like I said, most of them don't have to worry about that amount to spend or write off

You make a good point about them not having to worry about the spend or write off. I wonder what level (price point) it will affect the most. Maybe just the club level seats.

Advertisement
Back