Goodbye Rooster

Advertisement
Yeah and our run blocking was elite with Lashlee right?? Sound dumb trying to use that as an argument. It should have been worse. You don’t celebrate the one explosive guy we have on offense leaving when you’ve got the least explosive offense of all time.
If you need your offensive line to do the heavy lifting for a RB, then the RB sucks. RBs need to make plays on their own.

This is from 2021...click the link Good Brother @OrangeBowlMagic posted this and it should have forever changed people's minds on Knighton. It didn't matter if he had good blocking or bad blocking, he was not good under Lashlee AT ALL.

Quick link to the tweet directly.

Good Brother @bshaw28 has done some good work on Knighton in the past and I don't want to bite his work, but welcome him to post his data points, all of which support he's not that good. But, to be fair, he was playing his best football late this season, despite still having a legit fumbling problem.

listen, I hope the guy finds success wherever he goes but there’s a lot of typical CIS overrating happening in this thread. dude had about as many fumbles as he did explosive plays in his time here.

Fumbles hurt him.

But in an offense that spread it out and got him the ball in space, he could have been a big time playmaker.

Instead Gattis ran the Houston Oilers offense of the ‘70s and used Knighton like he was Earl Campbell.

Advertisement
Dat was a ****atoo? Dang berd was making a racket befour dawn every morn and ifin Granny Hawkins didn’t git it I was gon shoot it wit my scatter gun.

As for Rooster the Miami football player, he got talent and will knot git stuck in the portal.
I hope he don’t git stuk in da portal, he’s a gud feller wit sum talint. I got stuk in da portal won time. Dam sun I thawt i weren’t never gone git outa there. Smelt sumthin terbul!

Not a good sign. Maybe it was unrelated but I imagine after Mario’s comments on him late in the season that we wanted him back

So he either doesn’t believe that we’re making changes at OC or isn’t sold they will be enough point blank

Advertisement
Will be missed considering our depth in the rb room. I feel like a lot overvalued him with lashlee. A bunch of portal hype and zero additions so far, mario better plug these roster holes fast

If you need your offensive line to do the heavy lifting for a RB, then the RB sucks. RBs need to make plays on their own.

This is from 2021...click the link Good Brother @OrangeBowlMagic posted this and it should have forever changed people's minds on Knighton. It didn't matter if he had good blocking or bad blocking, he was not good under Lashlee AT ALL.

Good Brother @bshaw28 has done some good work on Knighton in the past and I don't want to bite his work, but welcome him to post his data points, all of which support he's not that good. But, to be fair, he was playing his best football late this season, despite still having a legit fumbling problem.

So he is less than a yard worse than Parrish on perfectly blocked runs too right? To me that just means our scheme is trash when a perfectly blocked run is not netting you much at all. I’m not arguing he’s a perfect RB. But for a college offense he’s explosive and when used right he’s put that on display plenty. We BARELY fielded a RB room this year and we’ve now lost 2 with zero HS commits…. We only have 21 OV’s yet if I’m not mistaken. We might not even be able to recruit the portal without offering guys spots sight-unseen.

Y’all were dogging the **** out of him with his fumble issues and constantly getting taken down by the blade of grass that was a half inch taller than the rest of the field.

And y’all in here with crocodile tears like he’s Marshall Faulk. Stop it.

Appreciate his time here, best of luck Rooster.

Advertisement
I love the morons that are saying Gattis is staying because rooster is leaving, but ignore the fact TVD and Garcia staying means Gattis is leaving.

Maybe, just maybe…rooster was a average back that was going to be passed up in 2023.

But what if your o-line is pure trash?

Advertisement
Wish him nothing but the best. Just dont come back and beat us. Come back and fumble. But seriously all these guys deserve the best and getting drafted and making millions.

Advertisement
Back