Goodbye Rooster

Advertisement
Advertisement
they didnt watch the unc game last year either. hes not a every down back. hes a weapon and one of the few explosive players we have on the roster. when in the right role, he can be extremely effective.
agreed he is not an every-down-back, but that's all we had last year and he did a good job, notwithstanding being instructed to run into his own OL's back from time to time

Advertisement
Would have liked him to stay ... at least until a new OC was announced. Could have been dynamic if he was schemed open to catch in space.
yeah people are so certain that we’re telling new recruits that our scheme and OC are being changed but yet our top playmaker leaves to the portal

Hopefully it’s unrelated to our fears of no drastic changes

I thought there were posts late in the season that Rooster wasn’t looking to bolt on the team, the coaches stuck with him and he recommitted to the program - as if things were good moving forward. Obviously something changed or that was complete ****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No need to hate on the kid. Most people here were calling for him to leave.

He looked good in Lashlee’s offense as a receiving back and he flashed next to Brown at QB, but I don’t judge his decision to leave and hope he finds success at his next stop.

Where is the hate?

I don't think it's a good decision. Thad is leaving, Chaney/Citizen are coming off of injuries. With a new OC, Rooster has an improved chance of proper utilization.

Going in the Portal? Yeah, he's not landing at Alabama or UGa. With the limited amount of time to evaluate/visit, he is taking a risky chance of finding the right fit/utilization somewhere else.

Sure, the IDEA of "getting a fresh start somewhere else" is romantic. The reality can be very different.

Advertisement
Back