Goodbye Rooster

This fanbase is beyond irrational. He was electric, when he held on to or actually caught the ball. That's the problem.
You the one irrational when you think it’s okay we have a RB room 3 deep, two who were injured all year and one missed games as well.

Advertisement
Where is the hate?

I don't think it's a good decision. Thad is leaving, Chaney/Citizen are coming off of injuries. With a new OC, Rooster has an improved chance of proper utilization.

Going in the Portal? Yeah, he's not landing at Alabama or UGa. With the limited amount of time to evaluate/visit, he is taking a risky chance of finding the right fit/utilization somewhere else.

Sure, the IDEA of "getting a fresh start somewhere else" is romantic. The reality can be very different.
Leaving is a good decision. He needs to be in an offense that gives him opportunities in open space and this isn't it.

I'm a lot more upset about Knighton leaving Miami with only 3 RB's than Knighton leaving Miami. But if we had had the right OC, he could've been a real special player.

If I'm Mark Fletcher and Chris Johnson, I'm looking at Miami a lot harder now.
Immediate playing time is available. That's not a recruiting pitch, it's a reality.

I'll gladly trade Thad and Rooster for CJ and Fletcher.
immediate playing time is available for anyone that is very good, regardless of where they go. so that angle to me is near meaningless especially when you have to consider the mess of the state of the program.

Advertisement
Good luck to him, but man, for the rest of his career- college, USFL, Europe, wherever, every single LB will be swiping his elbow

Advertisement
🤷🏾‍♂️

Attachments

• 3780E0E9-7F79-472F-85DD-44598A982E08.gif
    3780E0E9-7F79-472F-85DD-44598A982E08.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
The plusses and minuses of Rooster's career here and his potential (especially under a different OC) have all been more than adequately covered by you guys.

The only thing I could add is that I hope he doesn't end up in-conference or with someone on our schedule. Could see him gashing our D and magically NOT fumbling.

Advertisement
Not surprised. But Rooster will be missed greatly. Could have been a huge weapon for us under the right OC with a little more development and less bad luck on the injury side.

People shrugging their shoulders at guys like Jackson and Rooster hitting the portal amaze me. These guys aren't JAGs, they have the potential to be very good to even elite under good coaches that know how to use them properly. I sure hope the rest of the portalers out are different profiles than these two.

Advertisement
He ran for 3.9 yards per carry under Lashlee.

He's only electric on scouting reports.
Yards gained are a function of blocking. We haven't had much success blocking in the run game for over a decade. Worse has been the past 2 years.

Knighton is a very good RB. I think the injuries he had going into the season set him back with his fundamentals and fumbling.

He can thrive when used properly. You saw his plus speed when we actually created holes for him to run thru.

Wish him well wherever he lands.

Told y'all Rooster should've switched to DB, He's a carbon copy of Corn Elder size wise, no way He's gonna play in the league with that build.

Advertisement
Back